Modifying catalyst efficiency thresholds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah, it's unfortunate cause I don't love to turn fully off features that could be useful (like you mentioned), but it just wasn't worth my time. My nose can be the cat efficiency light from now on.
    I know I've hit you and repoman up on this and appreciate the updated info as I get my car sorted; thanks again. I was wondering, in the case of deactivation, what then happens with the "readiness monitor" situation for OBD testing? I don't have emissions testing but, wanted it all to work and am curious--would this "fail" something?

Also, I'm getting an EGT sensor code with these efficiency codes--haven't had a chance to troubleshoot but I'm thinking they are related somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I know I've hit you and repoman up on this and appreciate the updated info as I get my car sorted; thanks again. I was wondering, in the case of deactivation, what then happens with the "readiness monitor" situation for OBD testing? I don't have emissions testing but, wanted it all to work and am curious--would this "fail" something?

Also, I'm getting an EGT sensor code with these efficiency codes--haven't had a chance to troubleshoot but I'm thinking they are related somehow.
      I think it just sets the monitor. You might need to disable some more related codes to get it to set though: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...-obd-readiness
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
      X