Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got any winter projects going on for their track car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got any winter projects going on for their track car?

My winter projects...nothing exciting. Fix oil leaks, fix a bunch of little crap, replace tired old parts like my front control arms, AN lines, etc, and clean up everything. Trying to get to making a carbon fiber hood but progress has been slow.

Anybody have anything else more interesting?

Developing a No-Lift blip shift set up for the Gearmotive (https://gearmotive.com/products/) dog box using and X-Ingneering (http://www.xineering.com/) blip module and KA Sensors (https://www.kasensors.com/en) load cell on the shift rod. Also having the MA Shaw carbon fiber hood painted to match the titanium silver and "adding lightness" with the updated carbon fiber braced rear bumper.

Feff
    Track Days, high performace driviing events, drivng schools

MVP Track Time

Comment

I'm building a house. It's consuming my life. No M3 projects this year.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

My Karbonius intake is supposed to arrive today -- got it when the Euro was $0.97. Finished off "Inspection 2" type stuff while I was waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Our daughter is getting married November 2023? Somehow it costs more than a new race car.....

Feff
          MVP Track Time

Comment

The list got real long after this, 60mph into the exit concrete of Thunder Valley at Mid Ohio, driver was fine. Picked up replacement car and working on building new caged and aero build. Should be much better than the old one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post
              The list got real long after this, 60mph into the exit concrete of Thunder Valley at Mid Ohio, driver was fine. Picked up replacement car and working on building new caged and aero build. Should be much better than the old one.
              Rudy, you need an MVP Track Time windshield banner on the new car. It helps protect from accidents.

Feff
              MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                How big will be shop be?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

How big will be shop be?
                  Bigger than the house 🤣

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

The M3 will be going non-SMG. This won't happen until after I do seats, belts and a splitter in the other uhh, faster racecar haha
                    I need a bigger garage.
                    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                    many others

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear. So no MK60 swap now?
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Damn, sorry to hear. So no MK60 swap now?
                        Still on, new car was also mk20. Got the chassis parameters needed for the race map, over a dozen things we'll have to measure and provide.

Comment

Oh man, hope everything works out.
                          Something about Mid Ohio spooks me. I'm never comfortable there.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Oh man, hope everything works out.
                            Something about Mid Ohio spooks me. I'm never comfortable there.
                            Yeah the shit pavement and low traction is unique, there's a few high risk places and this is one of them. I'm not sure why they decided against having a tire wall in front of the concrete at this exact spot, although most loop it coming into thunder valley and crash on the inside, where there is a tire wall. Most of the significant off track stuff I've seen here in the last ten years is due to fluid spills.

Comment

Nothing too exciting, just looking for another fun and reliable season after 2022 being the maiden track season for the M3 under my ownership. Following a whoole bunch of work including rod bearings, subframe reinforcements, timing chain guide on and on, it was great to see it perform out there. What a different beast on track from my stock rolly-polly, I mean E30.

On the maintenance side I'm looking at trans and diff fluid, as well as rebooting and repacking the rear axles. Also got a QuickJack so I'm pretty jazzed to try working on the car with it.

Also installing a set of quick fit pros and doing an armrest delete. Hopefully this will all keep the beast happy for the next 8-10 events I want to do this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X