2021 tire thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I think I had the medium Z214s. There’s a soft and hard compound. I’d run them again if I find them.

The only downside is the mediums lasted about 2 weekends and then they were considerably slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Official dealer, distributor and service provider of Hankook motorsport tires. Exclusively for use in competition on the race track. We carry Hankook F200 slick tires, Z214 semi-slick tires, and RS4 endurance tires. Servicing all of North America and the Caribbean.

They have most sizes available straight from Hankook Motorsports now. They used to be really hard to find in certain sizes and compounds. They are SUPER helpful if you have any questions, just give them a call.

I’ve only used the medium C51 compound. Was 3-4 seconds quicker than my usual times on NT01s at WGI.

But yeah, nowhere near the longevity of other tires in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall921 View Post

Official dealer, distributor and service provider of Hankook motorsport tires. Exclusively for use in competition on the race track. We carry Hankook F200 slick tires, Z214 semi-slick tires, and RS4 endurance tires. Servicing all of North America and the Caribbean.

They have most sizes available straight from Hankook Motorsports now. They used to be really hard to find in certain sizes and compounds. They are SUPER helpful if you have any questions, just give them a call.

I’ve only used the medium C51 compound. Was 3-4 seconds quicker than my usual times on NT01s at WGI.

But yeah, nowhere near the longevity of other tires in this thread.

So this is where all the Hankook tires went... the prices are on point too. I wonder if they have all the RS4 stuff in stock.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

So this is where all the Hankook tires went... the prices are on point too. I wonder if they have all the RS4 stuff in stock.
        Backordered. Prob avail in April is the expectation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
          I dont see anyone talking about the Dunlop Direzza z3.. I wonder why..
          Pricier than the Hankook RS4, slower than the RE-71R cheater tire. I remember the Z2* being pretty popular but never saw the same hype for the Z3 Star Specs.

Comment

Pricier than the Hankook RS4, slower than the RE-71R cheater tire. I remember the Z2* being pretty popular but never saw the same hype for the Z3 Star Specs.
            they are definitely pricier, but since I couldnt get my hands on some RS4s, I grabbed these.. They also run wider than the RS4.. I'm excited to try this out.
            Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

they are definitely pricier, but since I couldnt get my hands on some RS4s, I grabbed these.. They also run wider than the RS4.. I'm excited to try this out.
              Yeah, apparently RS4s are backordered until the season starts. I don't remember this being the case in previous years, maybe with covid they had minimal production capabilities and decided to postpone low volume track tires until warmer track season months.

Should be a good cross between the RS4 and RE-71Rs. Let us know what you think.

Comment

It’s been awhile but I remember the Dunlop Z1s being excellent in the rain whereas the RS3 was meh.

Back then there were basically two 200 UTOQ cheaters - z1s and RS3s. Things are much different now.

Comment

Yeah, apparently RS4s are backordered until the season starts. I don't remember this being the case in previous years, maybe with covid they had minimal production capabilities and decided to postpone low volume track tires until warmer track season months.

Should be a good cross between the RS4 and RE-71Rs. Let us know what you think.
                  When I spoke with TireRack, they told me that hankook only produces that tire once per year and just make a massive quantity of them. Typically they're produced in March/april. He said thaty why sometimes you'll see big sales on certain left over sizes at the end of the calendar year.

I'll definitely report back. I just took an hour drive on some back roads and I can notice the sidewalls are stiffer
                  Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

When I spoke with TireRack, they told me that hankook only produces that tire once per year and just make a massive quantity of them. Typically they're produced in March/april. He said thaty why sometimes you'll see big sales on certain left over sizes at the end of the calendar year.

I'll definitely report back. I just took an hour drive on some back roads and I can notice the sidewalls are stiffer
                    That makes sense because I got by Z214s for about $500 for the set as clearance.

Comment

I just picked up some Pirelli DHs take-offs in 265 to try...
                      '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
                      many others

Comment

My experience has been with Hankook RS4, Re71r and the A052.
                        Re71r and A052 are way faster than the RS4. A052 being the faster tire of the 3. I really like the A052.
                        I was thinking of trying the AR1 next but after reading this thread might go with the F1 3R first.

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
                          Anyone have comparison of 3r's and Trofeo R's? Tread looks almost the same.
                          Finally got around to reading the February issue of Grassroots Motorsports. They had a tire review with the 3R, Trofeo R, and AR-1.
                          The 3R were consistent, able to do 1:18.2 at Harris Hill
                          Trofeo R could also do 18.2 for one lap, but then fell off about 0.5 sec

From what I can tell, they only did 3 hot laps. So no idea how long if these tires would last the distance of a 20 or 30 minute session.

As for the AR-1, it was quite a bit slower than the other two at this test, BUT this tire apparently needs to be heat cycled.
                          They retested it later after a HC. It did 19.5, but since this was a separate test, this data may or may not be comparable.

Comment

So if Im used to running Pirelli DH takeoffs which are awesome but none seem to be available currently - what are the best E36 17" options these days, Hankook Z214? Hoosiers just wear out too fast for the $ and this isn't a race car. But I do like to win my DEs....any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by SamGrant951 View Post
                              So if Im used to running Pirelli DH takeoffs which are awesome but none seem to be available currently - what are the best E36 17" options these days, Hankook Z214? Hoosiers just wear out too fast for the $ and this isn't a race car. But I do like to win my DEs....any recommendations?
                              Toyo RR?

Comment

I have a set of s3r’s scheduled for install next week. Hoping to get some first runs with them next weekend to see how they perform.

Given that they’re 5/32 depth I’m not expecting them to last as long as my nt01’s have. I have a suspicion that they’ll be fast but short lived kinda like a a052 which I haven’t tried yet.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                                X