Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post

Damn! It looks like that happened in your driveway?
    Sadly, yes. I was heading out one night to meet up with my family for drinks. I just started the car and just as I was about to leave but noticed I forgot my wallet. I pulled the ebrake, jumped out to grab my wallet, walked 10 feet, and watched the car take off down the driveway without me in it. My car had Brembo BBKs all around and the ebrake was always a bit funky, I should have turned off the car and left it in gear... shoulda coulda woulda. The impact with the tree missed the rear impact/crash bar and instead hit just right of it, straight into the rear passenger frame. The rear frame was pushed in and bent the car badly. With just under $30k estimated damages and because the car had under 20k miles, the depreciation hit was going to be massive if it was fixed. I worked out a deal with my insurance company and ended up buying it back because the buy-back was laughably small.

The silver lining to the whole thing is a bunch of you got parts from the car. And the car donated a bunch of its parts to my current PY car, which when I bought it needed a lot of work. I still have the insanely clean Imola red interior...
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Really sucks, but I feel for ya.
        I sorta did the same thing, 69 Z28 started car, left something in the house, kicked into neutral and got out, shut door(don't know why) never put on emergency brake. Got half way to the house, turned around to see it go down driveway all by its lonesome. Into a telephone pole.
        P.S. way before self driving cars...
        2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Thanks! The Works are just temporary, I have another jdm wheel on order just gotta wait a month or two... I'm really digging the PY, you never see it and always gets a reaction. I wish mine was in a bit better shape but looks great in pictures.
          Hmm can never go wrong with TEs, or have you gone with something more unique? Can't wait to see!

I may have to buy that insanely clean imola interior off you one day, as backup for my own. There are a few creases on my driver's seat these days haha

Comment

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
              Oh my.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	142618877_2919539931607115_4155344846505712826_n.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	81327
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Sadly, yes. I was heading out one night to meet up with my family for drinks. I just started the car and just as I was about to leave but noticed I forgot my wallet. I pulled the ebrake, jumped out to grab my wallet, walked 10 feet, and watched the car take off down the driveway without me in it. My car had Brembo BBKs all around and the ebrake was always a bit funky, I should have turned off the car and left it in gear... shoulda coulda woulda. The impact with the tree missed the rear impact/crash bar and instead hit just right of it, straight into the rear passenger frame. The rear frame was pushed in and bent the car badly. With just under $30k estimated damages and because the car had under 20k miles, the depreciation hit was going to be massive if it was fixed. I worked out a deal with my insurance company and ended up buying it back because the buy-back was laughably small.

The silver lining to the whole thing is a bunch of you got parts from the car. And the car donated a bunch of its parts to my current PY car, which when I bought it needed a lot of work. I still have the insanely clean Imola red interior...
                  This story makes me sick to my stomach. Sorry for your loss. I'm gonna fix my ebrake asap after hearing this. 😞

Sell me that Imola interior if you get tired of it.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Wintertime in Long Beach, CA
                    Last edited by umichchris; 01-27-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Looking at older photos of my car, different wheels and CSL trunk now, I am glad I kept the 67's as I can dig that early 2000's style of bling.

Name:	20200722_001807.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	81653
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                        Looking at older photos of my car, different wheels and CSL trunk now, I am glad I kept the 67's as I can dig that early 2000's style of bling.

Name:	20200722_001807.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	81653

Name:	95277B3C-F5AD-47DC-80FE-B4323A9817FB.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	81768

me too

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
                          Now that's a garage........Nice!

Comment

Waiting its turn.
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                              Waiting its turn.
                              waiting its turn for what? are you saying or implying you have so many cars that you put them on a rotation of when you drive them? lol
                              Last edited by nextelbuddy; 01-29-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

waiting its turn for what? are you saying or implying you have so many cars that you put them on a rotation of when you drive them? lol
                                Not quite, I drive what I feel like, or what is easier to pull out But E46 sees its fair share, I love this car.
                                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                                X