Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I'll give that a try tonight buy all the scales/tables etc. show in German.
    Yep on the complete xdf. The basic ones are in english.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I have a dyno session with HTE in a couple weeks. My plugs have 20k miles on them. My coils have about 74k miles.

Should I replace the plugs, the coils or both?

If I do... NGK plugs are for sure going in. Tossing that should be Eldor coils or Bosch coils.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Might as well bro bro, eldor or delphi.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          I have a dyno session with HTE in a couple weeks. My plugs have 20k miles on them. My coils have about 74k miles.

Should I replace the plugs, the coils or both?

If I do... NGK plugs are for sure going in. Tossing that should be Eldor coils or Bosch coils.
          Yes. Mine caused me to break up a bit at the top of the rev range. Highly recommend replacing the whole setup just in case.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

FCP running a sale right now

Comment

Thanks guys! Just ordered from FCP. A little over $200 out the door, pretty good!

Comment

Maybe I'm stupid but I always kind of assumed coil packs were one of those things that either work or they don't. Why would there be a performance increase in replacing them. Spark plugs make sense obviously, but a coil pack is either sending the voltage to the plug or its not no?

If not it's probably time I replace mine lol
                Last edited by Thoglan; 05-22-2022, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                  Maybe I'm stupid but I always kind of assumed coil packs were one of those things that either work or they don't. Why would there be a performance increase in replacing them. Spark plugs make sense obviously, but a coil pack is either sending the voltage to the plug or its not no?

Preventative maintenance. I used to be that guy who'd wait until failure like new m3 owners registering here everyday but I got tired of playing that game so I change in intervals.

In my defense this was all new frontier stuff during new car ownership.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

If these plugs and coils don't work, I'm going to see if I can find some SplitFire plugs. That'll do the trick.

Comment

There are certainly higher tiers of coil packs. Once you get into the higher hp tiers with FI a coil upgrade to support larger plug gaps would be required.

The windings of higher quality coils are usually heavier gauge. This allows the coil to perform more efficiently.

For stock power applications there is no difference. Once you start adding power it can make a difference.

Normal NA engine with stock cams likely no need to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

There are certainly higher tiers of coil packs. Once you get into the higher hp tiers with FI a coil upgrade to support larger plug gaps would be required.

The windings of higher quality coils are usually heavier gauge. This allows the coil to perform more efficiently.

For stock power applications there is no difference. Once you start adding power it can make a difference.

Normal NA engine with stock cams likely no need to upgrade.
                        Oh 100% I get that. I just mean in terms of replacing 'old' OEM coils with new ones before they're actually malfunctioning will not result in any tangible performance gain is what I was getting at.

Comment

Oh 100% I get that. I just mean in terms of replacing 'old' OEM coils with new ones before they're actually malfunctioning will not result in any tangible performance gain is what I was getting at.
                          Correct. However if you’re paying for a dyno tune making sure you have fresh injectors, plugs, coils, vanos, etc is worth it before you strap it to the dyno.

Comment

Just curious, how long do you wait from a response from HTE? I emailed him directly on Thursday, but have not heard back yet. I remember when I was in contact with him a couple years ago, he responded very quick. I only ask because renting dyno time by me is not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
                              Just curious, how long do you wait from a response from HTE? I emailed him directly on Thursday, but have not heard back yet. I remember when I was in contact with him a couple years ago, he responded very quick. I only ask because renting dyno time by me is not easy.
                              Hit him up on IG and he will respond when he's awake. He responds really fast on there.
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Hit him up on IG and he will respond when he's awake. He responds really fast on there.
                                I’m probably the only person on the planet with no facebook, intsagram, twitter. I have 0 social media.. any other way lol?

Comment

Working...
                                X