A Testament to the VinceBar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    Damn, very sorry to see this happen, good luck, your post shows your temperament is better than mine would be under the same circumstances.
    Oh, I was definitely ready to throw hands lol. I decided to try something that hurt more instead....... such as suing him.
    2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag - GC - Supersprint - BBS - Brembo - Dinan - PSMax - SDW - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus - Karbonius - AEM

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
    Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

from an insurance standpoint it is probably a total loss but that car is still fixable as long as no major frame damage.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Ouch! Happy you're okay though.
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            from an insurance standpoint it is probably a total loss but that car is still fixable as long as no major frame damage.
            Definite frame damage. One of the rear rails is pushed in a lot.
            2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
            2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
            2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

bummer to see, but if you part out that cinn rear let me know!

Comment

This isn’t the first I’ve heard about a Vince bar surviving a relatively major impact. Can’t remember if I read on the forum or heard from someone local but they’ve been cut out of otherwise totaled cars for reuse.

Really sucks OP, hope the lawsuit goes well for you and you can build up another car.

Comment

I wish you luck in your sue

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                    This isn’t the first I’ve heard about a Vince bar surviving a relatively major impact. Can’t remember if I read on the forum or heard from someone local but they’ve been cut out of otherwise totaled cars for reuse.

Really sucks OP, hope the lawsuit goes well for you and you can build up another car.
                    Although the Vince Bar held up, I'm not so sure it didn't receive some sort of stress. I wouldn't re-use a Vince Bar that's been a wrecked vehicle, let alone a rear end wreck such as OPs. (Sorry for your loss). My Vince Bar is the epoxy-rivet version too and I'm excited to install it, currently sitting in the garage. Looks like it did a great job holding that rear together.

Comment

Oh man... this is terrible. So glad you are ok though. All this fun crap we do with cars, can be unbelievably frustrating when something like this happens, but it could have been so much worse. Glad you're alright.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X