How rare is my M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

no, rare means it wasn't black on black. or totally "murdered out" for more street credit
    Hey, if phoenix urine is special to you that's all that matters.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Hey, if phoenix urine is special to you that's all that matters.

When did it become phoenix urine? I thought it was vomit green or mustard yellow? Not everybody wants to go to the dealer and come out with whatever generic bandwagon color that was left over on the lot. Some of us want to order something special and wait for it to be built. It's called personalities.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Props to the mods on the forum layout, this ignore function works fantastically well.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Thanks for the input(s). I hadn't thought about the insurance side of things - thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
            This doesn't take into account interior option IIRC despite it being listed in the drop windows
            Correct, doesn’t account for interior or Transmission.

Its basically just Color of a Coupe/Convertible in a region. Imagine going off the BL93 type code and colors.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Mine is silver grey, slicktop, impulse cloth manual seats and manual transmission and navigation, must be a rare combo but I don't really care about the exact number.....unless I list it on BAT one day and need to impress the keyboard experts in the comments haha

Comment

The answer to "how rare?" for me is, it's not lol

TiAG, Black interior, Manual, Coupe. Only thing that makes it "special" is that its a very clean & low mileage example.

Comment

Being a junior member/ FNG here, I have been schooled up on the idea of rareness with these cars. Thanks for that, and the above insights you helped me with understanding the buyback title. I'm still on the fence about the AW/Cin coupe, a 53k mile 6S AW/Grey convertible or a 60k mile 6S LSB coupe. BUT in the spirit of this thread, I came across an '04 Phoenix Yellow 6 speed convertible with what I believe is Kiwi Nappa Leather interior. I can't say I enjoy it but it was very special to someone. I feel like it could be a 1 of 1. For curiosity's sake, can someone find out how many were made?

Comment

Originally posted by rs0321 View Post
                    Being a junior member/ FNG here, I have been schooled up on the idea of rareness with these cars. Thanks for that, and the above insights you helped me with understanding the buyback title. I'm still on the fence about the AW/Cin coupe, a 53k mile 6S AW/Grey convertible or a 60k mile 6S LSB coupe. BUT in the spirit of this thread, I came across an '04 Phoenix Yellow 6 speed convertible with what I believe is Kiwi Nappa Leather interior. I can't say I enjoy it but it was very special to someone. I feel like it could be a 1 of 1. For curiosity's sake, can someone find out how many were made?
                    Definitely not 1 of 1. 515 PY on kiwi LHD M3's were made, 34 of which for the US/CAN market. Not sure how many of those were convertible/manual though but more than one.

Comment

Ahh. Carsaddiction.com said there were 208 LHD PY MT Convertibles. I've never seen the kiwi interior so I thought it could be a tiny percentage. Thanks though!

Comment

Originally posted by rs0321 View Post
                        Ahh. Carsaddiction.com said there were 208 LHD PY MT Convertibles. I've never seen the kiwi interior so I thought it could be a tiny percentage. Thanks though!
                        It could be that convertibles make up a small portion of PY cars, and it is undoubtedly a rare combo if it's in us or Canada. Kiwi interior was more common in other markets though.

I don't know of any standard option combinations that were 1 of 1. If there was it will be a hideous combo that almost no one would order. Rarest I know of is oxford green on mtexture which was ordered on 10 cars, 6 LHD. One of the 4 RHD came to NZ and was wrecked in accident a few years ago and scrapped

Comment

That chiatto red or whatever it was on cinnamon was really bad. Maybe 1 of 1.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            E39 M5 color and honestly a color you have to see in person. Was a cool car, too bad it got bought to be flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              That was an individual car. I meant I don't think there is any combination of standard options that was 1 of 1

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Definitely not 1 of 1. 515 PY on kiwi LHD M3's were made, 34 of which for the US/CAN market. Not sure how many of those were convertible/manual though but more than one.
                                And of those 34 only 4 were for the US market. The rest were for Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X