No announcement yet.

Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, he's not dumb. that's his "schtick," or the plot of the show if you will.

Comment

Tavarish has one now too.

17K likes, 257 comments - therealtavarish on October 14, 2021: "Good from far, but far from good."
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
        “Good from far”

it’s bad from far too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

“Good from far”

it’s bad from far too lol
          These YouTubers all work together; Hoovie, Tavarish, etc. - beating on the E46 appears en vogue.

It seems pretty obvious that playing the YouTube game by optimizing for views ultimately drives their content to the common denominator that is far beyond the BMW communities.

In my personal opinion; it's complete trash and it's a sad state that this content type is the leading sort ever since Chris Harris left the platform for Top Gear.

Comment

Yea but a lot of dumbasses watch it so those dudes make pretty good money from their garbage shows. Can't knock the hustle I guess.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

He's selling the E46 back to EAG, and picking up an 800mile Interlagos E92 single hump. Short lived lol. And E92 giveaway. He's a different owner/enthusiast. More of a shower not a go-er. And thats okay.

2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up picking up another e46 later on with how flip floppity he is.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

He’s about as exciting to watch as Bob Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                    bob ross is relaxing though, I can easily have an episode playing while doing other work. This guy is just nauseating.

Comment

"A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile."

Click image for larger version

Name:	ferris.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	145771

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                        Believe it or not, he was a Marine vet. "I think I'll put a happy little rock right here...." Say what you want, dude could paint.

Comment

How can anyone watch that video? Had to close it after about 1 minute.

Comment

He must have spent well over 100k on that Lagos E92. Much better investment on the long run that the E46 he picked up. Not that he cares about future resale value anyways.
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Matt is great, you just have to have a taste for quality and patience for his style. I personally love the content. As far as the E46.. It sucks to see it go. Almost seemed like a project he teased for a long time, and then impulsively decided to sell. I also don't quite get trading a 40K mile LeMans blue E92 for a 900 mile Lagos E92, nor do I see what exactly the Lagos one can give you that the LeMans cant. But again, it fits what he wants to do and he'll give away his old E92 a likely make all his $100K he spent back on it.
                              Last edited by JayVee; 12-28-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I didn't watch it all but didn't find him overly BS or critical of the car. He likes what he likes (modifying cars) and has found a way to make money on his car hobby. For those guys, this car is still a 3-series BMW (shoulder shrug), but with Motorsport DNA (which makes it worth a try). So he tried it. Not everyone is going to heap praiz 'pon da car. The guys I know like that (1) understand why I have one, but (2) aren't over the moon about the need to have one. When people are comparing it to a Honda S2K (I drove one in '99 and didn't realize they were still making them) or a Mazda Miata, that kinda makes the point IMO. It's fine. Still a car worth owning for car guys, which these days is saying a lot.

maw

PS... it's funny that (1) I hadn't driven one before I decided to buy it either; and (2) I find they lack headroom too with the top closed, but then again for me the car only looks right with the top down.
                                Last edited by maw1124; 12-29-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X