CSL TRUNKS ON SALE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    Wasn't the trunk 1600 for like ten years or some such? I'd be surprised if dealer net didn't change after that and all this virus bs.

Everything else went up, why would the trunk be immune to this? Are they feeding it ivermectin?
    I haven't been following the pricing on these for very long so I'm not familiar with the historical change in retail. I believe they've been priced north of $3K for a decent portion of '21, though (prior to rampant inflation concerns of recent months).

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

I'd imagine their cost is well below $2K, especially given that they sold several at ~$1,600 after the supposed price hike from BMW (was listed at $3,048 on the site prior to the ~$1,600 sale).

I assume this is another "pricing error" on the ECS site given it's still listed at $3,048 on Turner.
      Can confirm it isn’t in those in stock. BMW OEM parts are priced dynamically by BMW directly. Retailers will have automatic retail pricing algorithms.

Comment

On sale for ~$2,200 on ECS.

Comment

If anyone has a gen 1 (sub 2010 production) OE CSL trunk they are looking to part with lmk! Lol.

For real though, the quality at $3500 is laughable. Just wait for Karb or Millend to come out with their OE molds which will exceed the quality and fitment of the current batch of OE CSL trunks assuming both companies hold their end of the bargain. Judging by the quality and fitment of their other offerings the trunk looks promising.
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
            If anyone has a gen 1 (sub 2010 production) OE CSL trunk they are looking to part with lmk! Lol.

For real though, the quality at $3500 is laughable. Just wait for Karb or Millend to come out with their OE molds which will exceed the quality and fitment of the current batch of OE CSL trunks assuming both companies hold their end of the bargain. Judging by the quality and fitment of their other offerings the trunk looks promising.
            I have a Karbonius trunk on order. Will post plenty of pics once it arrives.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Saw one in person recently. Quality and fitment were great (as expected from Karb). Thought it was an OE one before I asked the owner about it.

Also, I was expecting the trunk to be way too light for the struts, and thus hard to close. But in reality, it felt very similar to my stock trunk.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Keep us posted 👀 that trunk is at the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

I think MileEnd is now defunct...

2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    Also, I was expecting the trunk to be way too light for the struts, and thus hard to close. But in reality, it felt very similar to my stock trunk.
                    That’s probably has more to do with the unique pivot hinge design to close trunk than what the weight on struts do. Unlike lighter M3 hoods that use a different pressure strut the trunks use same lid struts from 316Ci thru M3 CSL.
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Fiberglass csl reps only need one strut. Not sure about other cf reps. My old rep was 11lbs. What is karb's?
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                        Keep us posted 👀 that trunk is at the top of my list.
                        Will do, will do. Was hoping to have it by now, biding my time!

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                        Fiberglass csl reps only need one strut. Not sure about other cf reps. My old rep was 11lbs. What is karb's?
                        5.5 kilos or about 12 lbs

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 8.38.51 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	148348
                          Looks like the price is up again at ECS

Comment

Saw this on the FB market place. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1702...75144416447201 located 90703.

Comment

Originally posted by kenster View Post
                              Saw this on the FB market place. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1702...75144416447201 located 90703.
                              What is the link to? It took me to a BMW owner group you have to join.

Comment

What is the link to? It took me to a BMW owner group you have to join.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	264
Size:	512.6 KB
ID:	150595
                                2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                                Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Working...
                                X