BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
    I've been on 1.1.19 RC4 for over a month now and I'm pleased to report that it works great. No more crashing, it just works.

Also, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to enable the angel eyes always on feature on the E39. Are there features that can only be set with a nav?
    Yeah, I guess I didn't add this to the MID UI. Shoot me an email and I'll see about adding a way to enable it quickly. Sorry!

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

Ah, wow. June is likely the longest I’ll wait until I give up and go another solution..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, I totally understand -- it has been a crazy wait...

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    Ted, does that mean the value of mine has gone up?

Looking forward to installing it in the next couple months.
    Probably -- someone got over $300 for theirs on Facebook Marketplace 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
    I've had this in my car for almost 2 years now. It has become an integral part of the car, like it belongs and always has been there.

Is there much to gain from flashing a software update to it now?
    Glad to hear it! That was definitely the idea when I made the unit

If you haven't upgraded the software, I would. It only gets better over time. I can't tell you what exactly you should expect without knowing what version you're on already.

I would upgrade to this version: https://d3uwtdqahrxbn.cloudfront.net...1_19_rc_11.hex

Thanks!
    -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
      Probably -- someone got over $300 for theirs on Facebook Marketplace 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
      With the original pice of $180, seems like a great ROI 😆

Glad to hear it! That was definitely the idea when I made the unit

If you haven't upgraded the software, I would. It only gets better over time. I can't tell you what exactly you should expect without knowing what version you're on already.

I would upgrade to this version: https://d3uwtdqahrxbn.cloudfront.net...1_19_rc_11.hex

Thanks!
      -Ted
      I'll get around to it eventually, something about not touching something that isn't broken, perhaps 😂
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Yeah, I guess I didn't add this to the MID UI. Shoot me an email and I'll see about adding a way to enable it quickly. Sorry!
        No need to stress about that! Just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing a second setup menu or something. As I said, I prefer to use the actual DRLs.

I can only agree with some of the comments. I cannot imagine driving a BMW from the end of the nineties / beginning of the 2000s without the BlueBus. And I'm not alone: I forgot the BB in the E39 last week and we took the E46 to go somewhere. First thing my girlfriend said when we got in the car: "where's the BlueBus? Why is it not pairing with my phone?"

You've created one hell of a product.
        2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
        2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Well that sold quickly, lol
          Unfortunately not… he hasn’t logged back in since the day he posted

Looks like I’m back to the waiting list for the new version this summer!

Comment

I might need a new version too since mine keeps not wanting to connect sometimes and still has the echo the caller can here of their own voices

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
              I might need a new version too since mine keeps not wanting to connect sometimes and still has the echo the caller can here of their own voices
              Send it to me when you’re back in the U.S. .

I can’t promise I can fix the echo , but I’ll test it out and I’ll ensure it connects consistently.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post

No need to stress about that! Just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing a second setup menu or something. As I said, I prefer to use the actual DRLs.

I can only agree with some of the comments. I cannot imagine driving a BMW from the end of the nineties / beginning of the 2000s without the BlueBus. And I'm not alone: I forgot the BB in the E39 last week and we took the E46 to go somewhere. First thing my girlfriend said when we got in the car: "where's the BlueBus? Why is it not pairing with my phone?"

You've created one hell of a product.
                Glad to hear it, man!

I was driving my Touring to an appointment 45 minutes away the other day and it was raining. In true fashion, my BlueBus has no case and it comes in and out of the car every drive for testing, etc. I didn’t notice the PCB got rained on until five minutes down the road when I stepped out in the down pour to check on the unit as it wasn’t connecting, only to realize the water had created a short and the unit wasn’t powering on. Worst 1.5 hour round trip in a long time, lol.

Comment

Send it to me when you’re back in the U.S. .

I can’t promise I can fix the echo , but I’ll test it out and I’ll ensure it connects consistently.

-Ted
                  Ok cool I’ll bring it with me in May. The problem is the echo is a main issue as literally it annoys people I am speaking to and they say oh you must be in the m3 and let’s talk later then. Very annoying lol and what’s more annoying the older unit was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Ok cool I’ll bring it with me in May. The problem is the echo is a main issue as literally it annoys people I am speaking to and they say oh you must be in the m3 and let’s talk later then. Very annoying lol and what’s more annoying the older unit was perfect.
                    Get me the part number for your microphone. It’s possible your microphone works better without clear voice capture — the 319 one is sorta that way.

Comment

Get me the part number for your microphone. It’s possible your microphone works better without clear voice capture — the 319 one is sorta that way.
                      Oh ok I will as soon as I can. Dust storm here right now so car is covered up. Once that clears up I’ll get you that pn

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

PM’d you.
                        So sorry bud, just logged back in. Rarely come on because no M3 anymore lol. I received another PM as well. First one with payment gets it!

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

Unfortunately not… he hasn’t logged back in since the day he posted

Looks like I’m back to the waiting list for the new version this summer!
                          Sorry again man, someone else swooped in and paid me right away (they actually PM’d me before you did in Feb). So I’m afraid it’s off the market

Comment

Originally posted by fayraree View Post

Sorry again man, someone else swooped in and paid me right away (they actually PM’d me before you did in Feb). So I’m afraid it’s off the market
                            Seems they got a deal!

Click image for larger version

Name:	435EBA6B-2236-4C24-8DDD-31CCE8309F97.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	158636

😩🔫

At least two of them were sold auction and not buy it now…

Comment

Seems they got a deal!

Click image for larger version

Name:	435EBA6B-2236-4C24-8DDD-31CCE8309F97.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	158636

😩🔫

At least two of them were sold auction and not buy it now…
                              Wow! I guess that can be expected when you make such a great product! Wish I got a chance to actually use it. Wasn’t looking to profit from this, always happy to help out my fellow enthusiasts!

(shameless plug: also have the DME and BNIB SuperSprint stepped catted section 1)!!! I will sell s1 for the discounted price I got it from TMS…15% off!! Local to NJ though)

Comment

Perhaps I should consider selling my brand new bluebus 🤔

Just kidding of course, looking forward to installing it once the car comes out of storage as I don't care about the money.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X