Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    t3ddftw — minor feature request

Would it be possible to sync the language of the nav computer with the language setting in bluebus? I know NavCoder can set the nav language via ibus so should be doable.

I swapped in a Mk4 to my E39 either without a language setting or set to Spanish and now the cluster messages are all Spanish — Bluebus could correct that and save an ibus interface purchase.
    While simple in principle, such a feature has a major drawback.

Coding different languages requires the navigation software disc. Thus, a convenience feature becomes a major inconvenience when you can't find said disc (assuming you even have one...!). Here is Jochen- author of NavCoder, confirming the need for the disc: https://xoutpost.com/665701-post4.html

Putting that aside, there's also the cost/benefit. This is not a trivial feature to implement, and based on the nature of BlueBlue support queries, if you're swapping navigation units, understand coding, and are familiar with NavCoder, you're not a representative of BlueBus user, thus it's unlikely to benefit more than a handful of users.

My point being, it'll take us longer to implement than it'll take you to code via NavCoder 😋

Comment

Originally posted by hobo View Post

While simple in principle, such a feature has a major drawback.

Coding different languages requires the navigation software disc. Thus, a convenience feature becomes a major inconvenience when you can't find said disc (assuming you even have one...!). Here is Jochen- author of NavCoder, confirming the need for the disc: https://xoutpost.com/665701-post4.html

Putting that aside, there's also the cost/benefit. This is not a trivial feature to implement, and based on the nature of BlueBlue support queries, if you're swapping navigation units, understand coding, and are familiar with NavCoder, you're not a representative of BlueBus user, thus it's unlikely to benefit more than a handful of users.

My point being, it'll take us longer to implement than it'll take you to code via NavCoder 😋
      Fair enough! Did not know it required the software disc, great info. Either way, I appreciate the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by campful View Post

Not my photo, this is from a youtube installation video, but yes. The telephone cable bundle did have the blue connector and a black wire. So I should try that solution you linked and go from there?
        Yeah, the SES adapter will work if the connector is blue. And yes, the rest of your issue can be resolved with the other connector I linked .

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
        Hey Ted I signed up for the June batch I believe will we receive a email when it’s ready to so we can make payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Did you pre-purchase from me or ECS Tuning? If not, you won't have a reservation which means you'll end up in the September batch -- I'm sorry.

Fair enough! Did not know it required the software disc, great info. Either way, I appreciate the reply.
        I didn't either until hobo brought that up .

-Ted

Comment

No problem 😎

The language coding is a bit misleading. What you're ostensibly doing is choosing the navigation speech "synthesis".

In terms of mid-90s consumer electronics, the storage requirements for this are quite large, hence it's only possible to store a subset of languages on the device.

"How large?" I hear you definitely not asking. Great question! Many, many megabytes!

Code:
          1.8M 26 Jul 2001 d_f.csf
          797K 8  Oct 1998 d_m.csf
          1.8M 26 Jul 2001 e_f.csf
          759K 8  Oct 1998 e_m.csf
          1.5M 23 Jan 2002 f_f.csf
          680K 8  Oct 1998 f_m.csf
          1.4M 26 Jul 2001 gb_f.csf
          592K 8  Oct 1998 gb_m.csf
          1.9M 28 Jan 2002 i_f.csf
          844K 8  Oct 1998 i_m.csf
          2.0M 26 Jul 2001 usa_f.csf
          688K 23 Jan 2001 usa_m.csf
          Hence, when you update the language coding, you need the disc in order to copy the applicable speech "synthesis" files to the device 😊

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
            I didn't either until hobo brought that up .

-Ted
            Can you even spell BMW, Ted?

Comment

Officially giving up and canceled my ECS order I’ve had since October 21.

It’s been far too long with little updates or support, other than further deadlines pushed back. Guess we’re stuck ordering an after market unit for functions
              Last edited by Chas3n; 07-07-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
                Officially giving up and canceled my ECS order I’ve had since October 21.

It’s been far too long with little updates or support, other than further deadlines pushed back. Guess we’re stuck ordering an after market unit for functions
                Sorry to hear that! I wish you would've responded to my PM back in March a bit quicker so I could've gotten you the hand-made unit I offered you. Either way, best of luck bringing your infotainment up to snuff.

To everyone else: If you're wondering the status of your order, the project or anything related to the BlueBus, checkout the website: https://www.bluebus.dev

I am also always down to chat, but keeping up with PMs and forum posts doesn't always work out either because I forget to check in on the threads or I miss an update email. Please email me at support@bluebus.dev if you have any questions about anything.

The current status is:
                Assembly is slotted to take place late next week. They'll be shipped out from Australia back to the U.S. and I'll start shipping the last week of this month. It'll take me around one and a half weeks to get them all shipped out.

If you've been waiting for yours from ECS Tuning, they'll get their allocations within 2 - 3 days of them arriving at my door. They're still going to have around 10 units on back order until September, then they should actually have them in stock.

Thanks!
                -Ted

Comment

Sorry to hear that! I wish you would've responded to my PM back in March a bit quicker so I could've gotten you the hand-made unit I offered you. Either way, best of luck bringing your infotainment up to snuff.

To everyone else: If you're wondering the status of your order, the project or anything related to the BlueBus, checkout the website: https://www.bluebus.dev

I am also always down to chat, but keeping up with PMs and forum posts doesn't always work out either because I forget to check in on the threads or I miss an update email. Please email me at support@bluebus.dev if you have any questions about anything.

The current status is:
                  Assembly is slotted to take place late next week. They'll be shipped out from Australia back to the U.S. and I'll start shipping the last week of this month. It'll take me around one and a half weeks to get them all shipped out.

If you've been waiting for yours from ECS Tuning, they'll get their allocations within 2 - 3 days of them arriving at my door. They're still going to have around 10 units on back order until September, then they should actually have them in stock.

Thanks!
                  -Ted
                  Not to make our laundry too public, but I DID respond, and it was you who took 5 weeks to get back to me, and only after I send another PM. No updates from ECS, and the only time I’d check the forum thread, it was just further delays.

If anyone is selling a used unit, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

Not to make our laundry too public, but I DID respond, and it was you who took 5 weeks to get back to me, and only after I send another PM. No updates from ECS, and the only time I’d check the forum thread, it was just further delays.

If anyone is selling a used unit, please PM me.
                    If you would please reference our PMs, you’ll find that I wrote you on 2022-03-04 offering the unit, and you didn’t respond until 2022-04-16, at which point I was out of Bluetooth modules and pre-selling units for July.

ECS isn’t equipped to provide updates beyond the fact that there’s a delay and a new ETA. For that reason, and the fact that I have no visibility into their system to see back orders , detailed updates are only available if you order directly from me.

Regardless, since you’re still interested, shoot me an email at support@bluebus.dev and I will work something out with you to get you a unit this week.

-Ted

Comment

t3ddftw (and hobo ?? You sound like a dev) One more quick question. I deleted the nav on my E46 and moved one of my Bluebus units over to the new Business CD setup. It auto-detected the change and works, but it appears that the gain is set way too high (very distorted music) and I don’t see a way to change it in CD53 version of settings. The radio, wiring, amp etc seem to be okay because FM radio sounds as it should.

Any way to add gain option to the CD53? Or perhaps I should just factory reset it? (Or move it to my E39 and set the gain there)?

Comment

If you would please reference our PMs, you’ll find that I wrote you on 2022-03-04 offering the unit, and you didn’t respond until 2022-04-16

-Ted
                        Haha I love shit like this and the entitlement.

Proves the customer is always...wrong.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

t3ddftw (and hobo ?? You sound like a dev) One more quick question. I deleted the nav on my E46 and moved one of my Bluebus units over to the new Business CD setup. It auto-detected the change and works, but it appears that the gain is set way too high (very distorted music) and I don’t see a way to change it in CD53 version of settings. The radio, wiring, amp etc seem to be okay because FM radio sounds as it should.

Any way to add gain option to the CD53? Or perhaps I should just factory reset it? (Or move it to my E39 and set the gain there)?
                          That particular setting doesn't usually need to be altered, so I have been slow to work it into the single line UI. The easiest fix here is likely for you to access the BlueBus terminal and run this command:

set dac gain 0x44

That will set it back to default. "restore" works too, but then you lose everything else too.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

That particular setting doesn't usually need to be altered, so I have been slow to work it into the single line UI. The easiest fix here is likely for you to access the BlueBus terminal and run this command:

set dac gain 0x44

That will set it back to default. "restore" works too, but then you lose everything else too.

Thanks!
                            -Ted
                            Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Comment

t3ddftw (and hobo ?? You sound like a dev) One more quick question.
                              BlueBus is Ted's baby, I'm just the eccentric god parent 😆

Comment

set dac gain 0x44

Thanks!
                                -Ted
                                Ted, that did it. Just wanted to say thanks for the tip. Sounds great now with the new business CD "downgrade"!

Comment

Working...
                                X