No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted, what's the release notes on the new firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
      Ted, what's the release notes on the new firmware?
      It’s not a final release, so it’s not posted on the website and I don’t have the release notes together.

Comment

I wanted to report back, Stopped at my parent's house to flash his blue bus. The firmware revision did it and after a minute or so the blue light on the bluebus turned off finally.
        A battery eater no more! Thanks for your help Ted!

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

To close the loop on this, the log file showed the ignition going off, but the BlueBus was writing the radio UI.

Upon closer inspection of the messages, the ignition off message was seen by the BlueBus and the phone was disconnected, but the radio did NOT tell the CD Changer (BlueBus in this case) to stop playing. The effect here is that without the stop playing message, the BlueBus didn't update its internal state to know that it should no longer be writing the display.

I fixed this by adding code to update the internal state when the ignition off message was seen, only if the "stop playback" message had not already been processed.

I believe this to be a bug with the specific software revision of the radio as I have never encountered this in the past.

Nevertheless, it is fixed in this software revision:

Update instructions are here: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Thanks!
          -Ted
          Ted,
          I can't comment yet on the parasitic loss issue - after installing the firmware you shared '1_3_3_rc18.hex' - since I don't have enough data to report (only installed the firmware a couple of days ago, and battery was fully charged in the interim), but the firmware update has created a new issue.

The main display (not the track/format bar display at the top), has turned blank, with the track info flashing every 5-6 seconds or so; I also can not disrupt the process by trying to go into settings - BlueBus audio function via bluetooth is fine.

I've had the drive cycle on 2-3 times, and earlier today, reconnected the BlueBus connections - no change. Here's a video clip: https://youtu.be/2ntraz7CyvU

Comment

Originally posted by strummr View Post

Ted,
            I can't comment yet on the parasitic loss issue - after installing the firmware you shared '1_3_3_rc18.hex' - since I don't have enough data to report (only installed the firmware a couple of days ago, and battery was fully charged in the interim), but the firmware update has created a new issue.

The main display (not the track/format bar display at the top), has turned blank, with the track info flashing every 5-6 seconds or so; I also can not disrupt the process by trying to go into settings - BlueBus audio function via bluetooth is fine.

I've had the drive cycle on 2-3 times, and earlier today, reconnected the BlueBus connections - no change. Here's a video clip: https://youtu.be/2ntraz7CyvU

This fixes that problem.

I was in the process of adding code to allow the screen state to persist more readily on radios where the CD menu is populated (BM54, or any of the E8x radios), and that caused an internal conflict with the BlueBus.

-Ted

Comment

https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...1_3_3_rc19.hex

This fixes that problem.

I was in the process of adding code to allow the screen state to persist more readily on radios where the CD menu is populated (BM54, or any of the E8x radios), and that caused an internal conflict with the BlueBus.

-Ted
              The firmware update corrected the display issue, thanks Ted.

Last edited by strummr; 09-04-2023, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Those last updates fixed my battery drainage issue too! Thanks Ted!

Comment

Hi! Did anyone else notice that you cannot pause music?

I was once able to do so over the <> Button, but now it keeps auto "playing" again. That is quite annoying when I don't want music to play but Maps to still speak out directions.

Comment

The firmware update corrected the display issue, thanks Ted.

Originally posted by PipeUy View Post
                    Those last updates fixed my battery drainage issue too! Thanks Ted!
                    Can you guys share the build date of your M3s and weather or not you have Navigation?

I suspect this was an issue for early LCI cars without Navigation.

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
                    Hi! Did anyone else notice that you cannot pause music?

I was once able to do so over the <> Button, but now it keeps auto "playing" again. That is quite annoying when I don't want music to play but Maps to still speak out directions.
                    Sometimes the correct Playback state goes isn't known to the BlueBus, so it may think it's paused while it's actually playing, and therefore it will try to play while it's playing. I plan to fix this in 1.4.0 -- for now, pausing or playing on the phone itself will "sync" the two.

Thanks!
                    -Ted

Comment

Can't connect to the Bluebus for some reason. This has not happened before. Need to update the firmware as mines pretty old. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Can you guys share the build date of your M3s and weather or not you have Navigation?

Sometimes the correct Playback state goes isn't known to the BlueBus, so it may think it's paused while it's actually playing, and therefore it will try to play while it's playing. I plan to fix this in 1.4.0 -- for now, pausing or playing on the phone itself will "sync" the two.

Thanks!
                        -Ted
                        Mine is a 9/2001 build euro car without navigation

Comment

Thanks Ted for sorting it out in seconds!

Comment

Thanks!
                            -Ted
                            Sorry for the much belated response. My M3 is a June 2005 build with navigation.
                            Side note re: firmware update for possible power drain issue; I need to run further tests to accurately identify the power drain, but after replacing the battery (H7 AGM - lots of power), and running the firmware update for a month with no issues - the battery went back to getting drained if it sits for more than a few days. I'll report back after testing to ascertain the culprit for the battery drain; in hindsight, I should've tested with just one change (either battery or firmware) for more control over the assessment.

Comment

Was wondering if anyone else started having this issue. Just upgraded to the iphone 15 pro and now when connecting to the bluebus I can play music but for phone calls I can't hear the caller nor can the caller hear me unless i disconnect from bluetooth and hold the phone up to my ear.

Comment

Sorry for the much belated response. My M3 is a June 2005 build with navigation.
                                Side note re: firmware update for possible power drain issue; I need to run further tests to accurately identify the power drain, but after replacing the battery (H7 AGM - lots of power), and running the firmware update for a month with no issues - the battery went back to getting drained if it sits for more than a few days. I'll report back after testing to ascertain the culprit for the battery drain; in hindsight, I should've tested with just one change (either battery or firmware) for more control over the assessment.
                                Thanks for following up! Have you traced back the source of your battery drain?

Originally posted by killa_e46 View Post
                                Was wondering if anyone else started having this issue. Just upgraded to the iphone 15 pro and now when connecting to the bluebus I can play music but for phone calls I can't hear the caller nor can the caller hear me unless i disconnect from bluetooth and hold the phone up to my ear.
                                Assuming you have a 2020 / 2021 BlueBus, please raise the call volume to maximum while on a call and connected to the BlueBus. Has anything changed with regards to the telephone adapter or microphone?

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X