BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fffrank View Post
    Alright -- watched the video and it looks pretty simple and I'm pretty excited about the functionality. Unfortunately, my 2002 E46 CD Changer has a different set of connectors (and no optical cable that I can find.) Power cable works fine. Do I need something else or is there another location I should look?
    Those look like the correct E46 CD Changer cables. Go back to the video at about 8:38 https://youtu.be/8oEa9oZkOIo?t=518

You'll also need to depin the TCU connector or use one of Ted's adapter cables.
    Last edited by tabora; 03-25-2020, 03:17 PM.

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Originally posted by tabora View Post
      Those look like the correct E46 CD Changer cables.

Good God I'm not usually this dumb. 🀦 The little wings on it threw me off and I just didn't flip it enough times to get it to work.

First impression: best upgrade I've ever done!! Sound quality is incredible.

​​I'll dig into TCU tomorrow.

Comment

I have had my bluebus for 5 days now and it’s what the car had been missing. Phone calls and streaming music with no fuss. Thank you Ted

Comment

Just received and installed mine today! It works great, sound quality is superb.
          ​
          Q​​uick question Ted, did the units ship out with the six pin connector for TCU emulation? I didn't find one in the box with the BlueBus.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by tabora View Post
            Those look like the correct E46 CD Changer cables. Go back to the video at about 8:38 https://youtu.be/8oEa9oZkOIo?t=518

Thanks!

Good God I'm not usually this dumb. 🀦 The little wings on it threw me off and I just didn't flip it enough times to get it to work.

First impression: best upgrade I've ever done!! Sound quality is incredible.

​​I'll dig into TCU tomorrow.
            Don't feel bad, you're not the only one. I had another gentleman remove the cover of the connector because he didn't flip it enough times.

More on de-pinning the 54 pin connector (which most E46 M3s have) https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...-TCU-connector

Originally posted by Feakara View Post
            I have had my bluebus for 5 days now and it’s what the car had been missing. Phone calls and streaming music with no fuss. Thank you Ted
            Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Just received and installed mine today! It works great, sound quality is superb.
            ​
            Q​​uick question Ted, did the units ship out with the six pin connector for TCU emulation? I didn't find one in the box with the BlueBus.
            Thanks!

So, it was extremely vague, but you were supposed to order the free de-pin connector via the adapter purchase page. I'll be sending an email to everyone who ordered with a link to easily order that connector. If you don't have it now, I'll ship it with the production case.

Anyways, I hope its been worth the wait! I originally posted about this project in June of 2018, so its been almost two years in the making!

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
              So, it was extremely vague, but you were supposed to order the free de-pin connector via the adapter purchase page. I'll be sending an email to everyone who ordered with a link to easily order that connector. If you don't have it now, I'll ship it with the production case.

Anyways, I hope its been worth the wait! I originally posted about this project in June of 2018, so its been almost two years in the making!

-Ted
              That makes sense. My bad. I wanted to try the TCU functionality so I hacked my own connector using some connectors I had laying around and it works exactly like it should. Thanks again! It absolutely was worth the wait.

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

That makes sense. My bad. I wanted to try the TCU functionality so I hacked my own connector using some connectors I had laying around and it works exactly like it should. Thanks again! It absolutely was worth the wait.
                Glad to hear it!

The real party trick is turning the radio off and still being able to make and place calls

-Ted

Comment

Super excited about this. I removed my grom unit a while back and haven't had any music besides radio in the car.
                  2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one. I had another gentleman remove the cover of the connector because he didn't flip it enough times.
                    Make that at least two. I did the same thing, I just realized that I was stupid after I did it and was going to keep it to myself.. The difference in the plug you have pictured on github compared to mine threw me off.

Comment

-Ted
                      Is there a plug and play adapter available or planned? Do we need to confirm there is a factory mic or did they all come that way? Lastly, I'd prefer to upgrade to coax if possible but unclear if I have the required amp.... I have the H/K system. Any tips to check?
                      ​​​​​
                      Last edited by Fffrank; 03-26-2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
                        Super excited about this. I removed my grom unit a while back and haven't had any music besides radio in the car.
                        Haha, that must be painful! What's your last initial? I can see where you are in the queue.

Originally posted by netcsk View Post

Make that at least two. I did the same thing, I just realized that I was stupid after I did it and was going to keep it to myself.. The difference in the plug you have pictured on github compared to mine threw me off.
                        Which wiki page on GitHub? I kinda need to clean that up as some of it doesn't apply anymore.

Is there a plug and play adapter available or planned? Do we need to confirm there is a factory mic or did they all come that way? Lastly, I'd prefer to upgrade to coax if possible but unclear if I have the required amp.... I have the H/K system. Any tips to check?
                        ​​​​​
                        There is a plug and play adapter available for purchase. You will NOT have a factory Microphone unless your car came with BMW Assist or the Bluetooth module from the factory. Email me at support@bluebus.dev for more information.

The coaxial connector is not available to anyone who has an E46. This is because the DSP (Top HiFi) Amplifier is the only one that support it, and that option was never offered on the E46.

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

There is a plug and play adapter available for purchase. You will NOT have a factory Microphone unless your car came with BMW Assist or the Bluetooth module from the factory. Email me at support@bluebus.dev for more information.

The coaxial connector is not available to anyone who has an E46. This is because the DSP (Top HiFi) Amplifier is the only one that support it, and that option was never offered on the E46.
                          Thanks for the quick answers. Found a 762 mic on ebay for $15 and I'll email you about the adapter cable.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answers. Found a 762 mic on ebay for $15 and I'll email you about the adapter cable.
                            I used to recommend against this microphone, but I think I've sorted the issues with supporting it. Wanna be the guinea pig?

-Ted

Comment

I used to recommend against this microphone, but I think I've sorted the issues with supporting it. Wanna be the guinea pig?

-Ted
                              I also just grabbed a 762 on ebay for $20.

The 762 mic is like $60 now, im reading it used to be like $20ish new years ago
                              Last edited by Bigo1087; 03-26-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

-Ted
                                Shoot! I found another site that actually said it had superior noise cancelling. I'll try it out and see what happens! It's only $15.

Comment

Working...
                                X