BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post

I also just grabbed a 762 on ebay for $20.

The 762 mic is like $60 now, im reading it used to be like $20ish new years ago
    Forget finding a 338 or 319 microphone on eBay -- I'm pretty sure my customers bought all those up.

Originally posted by Fffrank View Post

Shoot! I found another site that actually said it had superior noise cancelling. I'll try it out and see what happens! It's only $15.
    It has a larger pre-amp stage, which I'm sure helped the factory BT module more effectively implement noise cancellation. The BlueBus implements noise cancellation on its own and doesn't benefit from the design differences of the 762 microphone.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
      The coaxial connector is not available to anyone who has an E46. This is because the DSP (Top HiFi) Amplifier is the only one that support it, and that option was never offered on the E46.
      E39 question here .. is the RF cable instead of the SES connector, or in addition to?

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

E39 question here .. is the RF cable instead of the SES connector, or in addition to?
        Unrelated, sorry!

The coax is to get audio from the BlueBus to the DSP, which means it would replace the 6 pin audio connector.

The SES connector is there to enable factory telephone support in vehicles which were equipped with the SES pre-wiring.

-Ted

Comment

Guess I got lucky, I just picked up a 338 on Saturday from ebay,

Any new updates on when the cases will arrive sir?

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
            Guess I got lucky, I just picked up a 338 on Saturday from ebay,

Any new updates on when the cases will arrive sir?
            That's awesome!

No updates from 3DHubs on the cases... I will hit them up tomorrow, since they were supposed to ship 100 units this week.

-Ted

Comment

Thanks Ted!

Comment

If there are any E46 owners here who have a pre-3/02 year convertible, message me if you have some experience with the with SES connector location and could assist with my search mission.

I've removed the trunk carpeting, looked all around near the wheel well, and just cannot find any bundle that has the blue connector.

Comment

Originally posted by m1ch@&l View Post
                  If there are any E46 owners here who have a pre-3/02 year convertible, message me if you have some experience with the with SES connector location and could assist with my search mission.

I've removed the trunk carpeting, looked all around near the wheel well, and just cannot find any bundle that has the blue connector.
                  Everyone else who has contacted me with a 'vert has had the SES connector

If anyone has a link to the pin out for the 26 pin TCU connector (Black), I would be most appreciative.

Comment

Got my bluebus connected to my m3 today

To begin with ill give it a quick number review:
                    Build Quality: 10/10 (Keeping into consideration that a 2nd case will come into protect the top)
                    Audio Quality: 10/10
                    Ease of Use: 10/10
                    Price/Value: 10/10

I think you get the point

I had a few problems getting my bluebus connected what that was due to some small issues with my car. If youre like me an do not have a CD player you will see a big foam roll in the side of the trunk with all the cables tied up inside of it. You do not need to go in here. Instead, look around further for a smaller foam roll of wires. It will only have 2 small connections in it. These are the 6 pin and the 3 pin connectors. This is all you need to get the bluebus working.

Make sure the key is in position two (or the car is on) before connecting the bluetooth to your phone. Not doing so caused my phone not to connect.

Once everything is paired up try playing some music. If your radio is showing metadata but no sounds coming out you probably have a bad connection from the CD changer wire to the radio. This is what happened for me and at least 1 other person. To fix this simply remove the radio trim. Pull out the radio, and unplug the big block plug in the back. There you will see a bunch of pins but at the bottom you will see two open slots for cables. If theres one slot full and one empty, you you can plug the block back into the radio paying special attention to make sure that bottom cable gets fully connected! If these slots are both empty you need to search behind in the rats nest of cables for the little (6 pin) connector, feed it through the block, and it will plug into the radio (housed inside the block).

Those are a few of the little issues I had trying to get connected. None are due to the bluebus. Hopefully it helps someone.

As far a what I think of the bluebus? I absolutely love it. The fact that it hides in the trunk is outstanding. The biggest reason I hadn't gotten a bluetooth solution earlier was because everything was very non OEM. As in I didn't want aftermarket radios and all that. This has a 100% OEM feel. Super seamless and CLEAN. It has crystal clear audio that I cant differentiate from my hardwire AUX. It has autoplay for my music (which you can toggle on and off). The IBUS controls that allowed me to choose triple blink blinkers and comfort lock. The metadata is super clean and has two modes. All of it is amazing. THIS SHIT JUST WORKS! And it's so hard to believe I got this for under $200. GO BUY ONE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!! I could go on and on

Thank you Ted! You brought my car into modern times!

Comment

Originally posted by m1ch@&l View Post

Not sure about pre-facelift versions, but mine (2005)
                      was not near the tire but up behind and to the left side of the driver side rear seat area, You have to pull the front bit of carpet out, and there is a cubby hole there that had mine in a foam wrap, though it was well tucked up in there. On mine that is also where the TCU unit mounts and where I will put the BlueBus for final install. Right now it is just hooked to the CD changer cable.
                      Last edited by tbuck; 03-27-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Ted, gotta say how happy I am with this so far, and I haven't even got it hooked up with the iBus/TCU yet, just the CD cables! Sounds very good and works exactly as advertised! I don't have the NAV setup in mine and have been thinking hard about getting an Avin, but now forget it! This thing does all that I need for a 1/3 the price! Hook up was a breeze and it worked after first pairing, no issues at all. Will update with phone review once the connector and case get here. Cant wait!! Thanks man!
                        Last edited by tbuck; 03-27-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Glad you guys are enjoying it -- Thanks so much for the feedback!

Comment

This is the 338 mic everyone is referring to? i have a 03.5 all i would need is the bluebus and this mic and im good to go?
                            https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/84318380338/

Comment

I just filled out the order form for one of these. I'm looking forward to it!

E46 ///M3 Imola Red
                              996TT FVD'd Arena Red
                              C3 Corvette White/Graphite
                              F31 328d Alpine Weiss

Gone, but not forgotten:
                              S52 M Roadster
                              S54 M Roadster
                              Volvo V70R

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
                                This is the 338 mic everyone is referring to? i have a 03.5 all i would need is the bluebus and this mic and im good to go?
                                https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/84318380338/
                                That's the ticket!

You'll either need an adapter harness ($25) or you'll want to de-pin the wires from the OE connector for use with the BlueBus (free).

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X