No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the status update. I understand that my order is the last in the line of current orders to be shipped. Will it arrive with your latest firmware version?
    Thanks, again.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      Thanks for the update Ted! Looking forward to getting the TC setup. Everything has been working great and BT connection is seamless every time.

I'm not sure if this is a normal feature of One Touch Blinker for the stock LCM, but is it possible to add a cancel option if we click the stock in the opposite direction? Sometimes, another person is deciding to change lanes as well and I have to cancel the 5 blink turn signal. Otherwise, I could always turn it down to 3 blinks lol.
      Yeah, I just need to fix the states of the flags in the code so it doesn't trigger the opposite direction once you "cancel", lol.

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
      Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to using this product .
      Thanks!

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
      even if mine hasn't arrived yet, thanks ted
      Sorry about that... International shipments are all slow right now

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
      Thanks for the status update. I understand that my order is the last in the line of current orders to be shipped. Will it arrive with your latest firmware version?
      Thanks, again.
      Steve
      Yes sir, it will come with the newest firmware. It's not too difficult to update it on your own.

Thanks!
      -Ted

Comment

woot woot!!!!!!!!!

loading the update right now. I followed your instructions for using the flash tool on the mac and it makes my mac totally freak out. the screen fills with snow and it crashes and reboots, worked perfectly in windows!

Do you have a link/repository on your github page for firmware updates? Somewhere we can check regularly for updates rather than this thread?

Thanks Ted. You are seriously an asset to this community!
        Last edited by sev; 05-21-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
          woot woot!!!!!!!!!

loading the update right now. I followed your instructions for using the flash tool on the mac and it makes my mac totally freak out. the screen fills with snow and it crashes and reboots, worked perfectly in windows!

Do you have a link/repository on your github page for firmware updates? Somewhere we can check regularly for updates rather than this thread?

Thanks Ted. You are seriously an asset to this community!
          Consider upgrading macOS to 10.14 -- Anything below that freaks out for some reason (probably because Apple isn't keen on backwards compat and I built the tool in 10.14...).

Once things are a little less crazy, I will send out emails with firmware updates.

Thanks for the kind words!
          -Ted

Comment

Hey Ted just curious how close am I to getting this much needed device order #786?

OEM NUT
            IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Originally posted by DapperM3 View Post
              Hey Ted just curious how close am I to getting this much needed device order #786?
              I'm #756 and waiting, too.

Comment

Got mine installed today. Huge thanks to Ted, this product is awesome. The sound quality is absolutely amazing.'

*Edit: For anyone who read this post earlier. Ted reached out and let me know that the cream/purple connector does not connect to the BlueBus. I removed the photos to not confuse anyone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49927441591_27116a3e4a_h.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	27659

Attached Files
                Last edited by Will ZCPM3; 05-23-2020, 02:45 PM.
                2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

FYI, for others who are updating the firmware, the firmware tool took a minute or so before it "saw" the BlueBus. The green light came on immediately when I plugged it in with the micro USB cable, but the firmware tool didn't show the BlueBus as an available connection for a little while.

Thanks again Ted. Your update was timely because I inadvertently bought a 762 microphone (the ebay listing was a little vague), and I was debating what to do.

Comment

You're part of the second batch, so you're likely looking at early July as units should arrive to me on June 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
                      Got mine installed today. Huge thanks to Ted, this product is awesome. The sound quality is absolutely amazing.'

*Edit: For anyone who read this post earlier. Ted reached out and let me know that the cream/purple connector does not connect to the BlueBus. I removed the photos to not confuse anyone.

Click image for larger version Name:	49927441591_27116a3e4a_h.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	27659

That's a gorgeous image of the BlueBus, thank you .

The connector you found was the BT antenna connector. For the record, no E46 will EVER make use of the digital DSP interface because no E46 was ever offered with the DSP Amplifier. It worked with the DSP set to digital because there was no DSP around to listen to those commands .

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
                      FYI, for others who are updating the firmware, the firmware tool took a minute or so before it "saw" the BlueBus. The green light came on immediately when I plugged it in with the micro USB cable, but the firmware tool didn't show the BlueBus as an available connection for a little while.

Thanks again Ted. Your update was timely because I inadvertently bought a 762 microphone (the ebay listing was a little vague), and I was debating what to do.
                      The lag was likely Windows installing the driver. It should take significantly less time than that in the future

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post

I'm #756 and waiting, too.
                        We are on the same boat mateπŸ˜…

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

You're part of the second batch, so you're likely looking at early July as units should arrive to me on June 25th.
                        Almost almost! Thanks for the update Ted

OEM NUT
                        IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

We are on the same boat mateπŸ˜…
                          But I think you'll get yours ahead of me as mine will need to travel halfway around the world. I thought I would be able to pick it up in the States but I think the "new norm" is taking longer ... patience has its rewards ...

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                            Hey guys --

Just wanted to make an update post on a few things:

* I am 70 units away from sending out all 500 initial units. The ones waiting right now have been waiting on the TCU adapter, which took forever to get in stock.
                            * Cases are coming in at a steady rate now, so I expect to have all cases and cables that are outstanding shipped in the next 14 days.
                            * If you are waiting on your BlueBus shipment and are not based in the U.S., Canada, or the U.K., then you're going to be waiting sometime for your unit as USPS is having trouble delivering internationally due to COVID-19.
                            * I have made firmware improvements!

-Ted
                            Whohoo! That's good news
                            Can't wait to get it (#359), but I will patienly wait on the post to get it to the Netherlands!
                            2005 E46 ///M3 zcp
                            2001 E39 530i wagon

2002 E46 330i sedan (sold) - 1995 E36 328i coupe (sold)

Comment

I received and installed mine about 2 weeks ago - everything is working perfectly! I have an E53 X5 with MKIV and analog DSP and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 (which I know isn't supposed to work) but I've had no connectivity issues at all - the placement of the unit in the E53 might be better.

I was originally going to install the Bluebus in the same location/bracket as the factory TCU (mounted on the side of the amp underneath the CD changer), but thought it would be better closer to the top of the stack, so temporarily routed the cables and installed it on top of the Nav computer. There are no mounts there so will probably just use velcro or mounting tape.

The only issue I found so far was audio distortion with the phone volume over ~75%, but no big deal. I also found that the sound at the default setting of -10dB was too quiet compared to the radio so had to increase that setting.

Related question: My DSP is analog, but the amp appears to have a coax connection (so does the CD changer, but there was no cable.) Will the digital interface work if I install a coax cable between the amp and Bluebus and enable digital DSP in the settings?

E53 Bluebus Install​​​

2004 E53 X5 4.4i N62

Comment

Originally posted by pmt View Post
                                I received and installed mine about 2 weeks ago - everything is working perfectly! I have an E53 X5 with MKIV and analog DSP and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 (which I know isn't supposed to work) but I've had no connectivity issues at all - the placement of the unit in the E53 might be better.

I was originally going to install the Bluebus in the same location/bracket as the factory TCU (mounted on the side of the amp underneath the CD changer), but thought it would be better closer to the top of the stack, so temporarily routed the cables and installed it on top of the Nav computer. There are no mounts there so will probably just use velcro or mounting tape.

The only issue I found so far was audio distortion with the phone volume over ~75%, but no big deal. I also found that the sound at the default setting of -10dB was too quiet compared to the radio so had to increase that setting.

Related question: My DSP is analog, but the amp appears to have a coax connection (so does the CD changer, but there was no cable.) Will the digital interface work if I install a coax cable between the amp and Bluebus and enable digital DSP in the settings?

E53 Bluebus Install​​​
                                Hello!

So, the reason you're getting distortion above 75% phone volume is because you increased the volume of the BlueBus. A "perfect" volume for the BlueBus when combined with a DSP Amplifier is -14dB and 100% phone volume.

Please note that the "volume" setting is only applicable to the analog audio output as it is setting the DAC volume over I2C

To your question, Yes! You can buy the coaxial cable and set the DSP setting to Digital and ditch the analog connector altogether! I actually recommend this anyways. I recommend this cable: https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...1636-ND/457012

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X