BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Okay, yeah that makes sense. The LSZ does not accept dimmer wheel updates while a diagnostic function is in process, meaning it will only update the dimmer setting once the diagnostic is over. The problem is that I am keeping diagnostics on indefinitely, so it never updates. One of my amazing project contributors was going to look into this, but I'm not really sure there's anything we can do.

That's why I'm wondering if the Intravee somehow solved this.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Tested with intravee, no issues with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
      Actually the Kombi light is not full on, but only stuck at current dimm wheel setting level.
      Disabling park lights in confort menu and waiting a few secs unlock the wheel settings. Then you can switch back park light ON.

Until next car start.

Okay, yeah that makes sense. The LSZ does not accept dimmer wheel updates while a diagnostic function is in process, meaning it will only update the dimmer setting once the diagnostic is over. The problem is that I am keeping diagnostics on indefinitely, so it never updates. One of my amazing project contributors was going to look into this, but I'm not really sure there's anything we can do.

That's why I'm wondering if the Intravee somehow solved this.

Thanks!
      -Ted
      Originally posted by Orphee View Post
      Tested with intravee, no issues with it!
      We've identified what is likely causing this. The comfort parking lights automatically disable when lights are turned on via the switch (as they are redundant at that point), however this is delayed by up to 18 seconds. In this time the dimmer switch is apparently ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
        Looking at the module you're using, it looks like it could support aptX-HD if loaded with the right firmware, is that correct? Curious if the bluebus as-sold supports that codec.
        You'd have to load the -HD firmware and get an aptX license (good luck), then enable it in Melody. It's really not worth the effort, but it's possible. FWIW, I did test aptX way back with the prototypes as it was enabled along with CVC with the demo license.

Comment

Just enable IBus logging for a quick second and note the number between brackets. For example,

Code:
          [2729302] DEBUG: BM83: TX: AA 00 02 14 1A D0
          2729302 / 1000 = 2729 seconds of uptime, or 45.48 minutes.

-Ted
          I have not had the time to plug my laptop in yet, but things have definitely gotten worse.

Now it seems to happen pretty much every time I use the car and stream music through the Bluebus. It takes 30 secs to a minute from when I switch to Bluebus mode before it resets itself. After that everything is fine for the rest of the journey. 100% does not coincide with a song switch or any particular event.

The only thing I've observed is that it's got worse as temperatures have properly dropped here.
          2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
          2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Yes can you please post a link to the latest firmware? I just got my car back so want to update it please

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
              I have not had the time to plug my laptop in yet, but things have definitely gotten worse.

Now it seems to happen pretty much every time I use the car and stream music through the Bluebus. It takes 30 secs to a minute from when I switch to Bluebus mode before it resets itself. After that everything is fine for the rest of the journey. 100% does not coincide with a song switch or any particular event.

The only thing I've observed is that it's got worse as temperatures have properly dropped here.

You're unfortunately still the only one reporting this, and the temperature wouldn't impact its ability to stay running once it's already streaming and connected . Any chance of getting a log now that it's so easy to reproduce?

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
              Yes can you please post a link to the latest firmware? I just got my car back so want to update it please
              A fully integrated Bluetooth module for your vintage BMW

All the updates can be found there

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

You're unfortunately still the only one reporting this, and the temperature wouldn't impact its ability to stay running once it's already streaming and connected . Any chance of getting a log now that it's so easy to reproduce?

Thanks!
                -Ted
                Thank you Ted

Comment

Is there any update on a new batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
                    Is there any update on a new batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Well, I'm working on the new hardware. The software side is fairly stable, and I have secured 500 BM83 Bluetooth modules (the new BT module), which are hanging out in my closet right now until it's time for manufacturing.

I should have a beta version of the new hardware ready next month, and the rest of the bits and bobs that I need to make the unit will be available towards the end of March. That means they should be shipping around late May.

Most of the parts I need will once again be available near August of 2022, so I'll probably do another run of units then.

Keep in mind that the electronics supply chain is not back to pre-COVID days, but it's definitely better (for now).

-Ted

Comment

Thanks!
                      -Ted
                      Having the same problem here occasionally, I might roll to a different software version as it didn't do it before unless it was something related to the cold weather fix

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3186 View Post

Having the same problem here occasionally, I might roll to a different software version as it didn't do it before unless it was something related to the cold weather fix
                        I think I might have made some headway into this issue, but I cannot replicate it to save my life. If anyone is willing to try a beta firmware, shoot me an email -- support@bluebus.dev

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

Well, I'm working on the new hardware. The software side is fairly stable, and I have secured 500 BM83 Bluetooth modules (the new BT module), which are hanging out in my closet right now until it's time for manufacturing.

I should have a beta version of the new hardware ready next month, and the rest of the bits and bobs that I need to make the unit will be available towards the end of March. That means they should be shipping around late May.

Most of the parts I need will once again be available near August of 2022, so I'll probably do another run of units then.

Keep in mind that the electronics supply chain is not back to pre-COVID days, but it's definitely better (for now).

-Ted
                          Sounds good! I've had an order with ECS since September of last year, just wanted to get a real eta as they had no clue. I dont mind waiting until March for a product like this!

Comment

I updated my unit on my Z4M, which has no rear park sensors, but never the less the lower volume feature works, which I find cool as it allows to focus on the maneuver.

all I need now for it to be prefect is to unlock the hatch with the comfort unlock feature, right now it only unlocks the doors and fuel filler cap

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

Sounds good! I've had an order with ECS since September of last year, just wanted to get a real eta as they had no clue. I dont mind waiting until March for a product like this!
                              May, not March :|. Sorry!

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                              I updated my unit on my Z4M, which has no rear park sensors, but never the less the lower volume feature works, which I find cool as it allows to focus on the maneuver.

all I need now for it to be prefect is to unlock the hatch with the comfort unlock feature, right now it only unlocks the doors and fuel filler cap
                              That's nuts. My E46 M3 does not report reverse gear being engaged on the I/K-Bus.

This is a feature that for not will not work on the newer BlueBus. For whatever reason, I cannot get Absolute Volume controls to work on iOS or Android.

-Ted

Comment

May, not March :|. Sorry!

That's nuts. My E46 M3 does not report reverse gear being engaged on the I/K-Bus.

This is a feature that for not will not work on the newer BlueBus. For whatever reason, I cannot get Absolute Volume controls to work on iOS or Android.

-Ted
                                I was not expecting it to work at all, but engage reverse and pow, the volume lowers... I am leaving it on as I find it useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X