BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
    I have not had the time to plug my laptop in yet, but things have definitely gotten worse.

Now it seems to happen pretty much every time I use the car and stream music through the Bluebus. It takes 30 secs to a minute from when I switch to Bluebus mode before it resets itself. After that everything is fine for the rest of the journey. 100% does not coincide with a song switch or any particular event.

The only thing I've observed is that it's got worse as temperatures have properly dropped here.
    Originally posted by bmwm3186 View Post

Having the same problem here occasionally, I might roll to a different software version as it didn't do it before unless it was something related to the cold weather fix
    Can you guys try this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona..._1_19_rc_4.hex

A Russian customer recently sent over a log that shed some light on the issue -- the CD53 fallback code was registering/deregistering its event listeners a every 20 seconds or so, which eventually hit a wall in the size of the event listener array and led to a call to a function existing outside of memory bounds. I resolved this and it seems to have stabilized the UI.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Can you guys try this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona..._1_19_rc_4.hex

A Russian customer recently sent over a log that shed some light on the issue -- the CD53 fallback code was registering/deregistering its event listeners a every 20 seconds or so, which eventually hit a wall in the size of the event listener array and led to a call to a function existing outside of memory bounds. I resolved this and it seems to have stabilized the UI.

-Ted
      I'll give the new firmware a go.

The funny thing is, since the last time we spoke, when I said the BB crashed pretty much every time I drove the car, it's barely happened again. It happened once or twice in december and it's been completely fine ever since. And I've done absolutely nothing to the car in that time... Btw, I apologise for not saying this earlier. Life's been a little crazy lately.

I'll report back once I have version 1.1.19 running.
      2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
      2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Just installed RC 4 of V1.1.19. Just to be sure: after I had installed it, I ran the firmware tool again and it still displayed current version: 1.1.18. Is that normal or did something go wrong?

After flashing, the tool reported "Flash Complete" and the lights stopped blinking.

Comment

Just installed RC 4 of V1.1.19. Just to be sure: after I had installed it, I ran the firmware tool again and it still displayed current version: 1.1.18. Is that normal or did something go wrong?

After flashing, the tool reported "Flash Complete" and the lights stopped blinking.
          That's normal -- I did not rev it to .19 internally just yet.

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

So far, I am pleased to report that everything seems to be working flawlessly with 1.1.19 RC4. I've put around 60 miles on the car since I flashed the firmware.

One thing I noticed with 1.1.18 is that sometimes the instrument lighting would drop to the absolute minimum for 30 seconds or so before going back to normal. During that time it was not possible to adjust it manually. I have not noticed this with the new version.

Comment

One thing I noticed with 1.1.18 is that sometimes the instrument lighting would drop to the absolute minimum for 30 seconds or so before going back to normal. During that time it was not possible to adjust it manually. I have not noticed this with the new version.
              Screw that, the instrument lighting did that again yesterday.

So far the BB has not crashed though so I'm a happy man 😊

Comment

Screw that, the instrument lighting did that again yesterday.

So far the BB has not crashed though so I'm a happy man 😊
                That's good news! Do you use any of the lighting features?

Thanks!
                -Ted

Comment

That's good news! Do you use any of the lighting features?

Thanks!
                  -Ted
                  Yes: OT blinkers. They've become a must. I can't live without them and I'm pissed off every time I drive a car that does NOT have them. So frustrating to touch the indicator stalk and only get one click 😂

That's the only feature I use outside from music streaming and calls.

Comment

My turn signals have been broken since the day I picked up the car.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Looks like an '01 E39 530i will be joining my fleet in a couple weeks... So here's a couple questions with regards to the BlueBus:

1. How does the feature "Angel eyes always on" work? I've not seen it in the settings on my E46. Does it also activate the taillights/numberplate lights/interior lights?
                      2. If I switch the BlueBus back and forth between the E46 and the E39, how will this affect the settings? Will I have to activate/deactivate stuff such as the angel eyes thing on and off every time or will it recognise that I've changed cars and adapt accordingly?

Fyi: the E39 has an MID and a CD charger (but no phone pre-wiring).

Thanks!

Comment

Haven't scrolled back all that far but do see there have been reports of crashing in cold weather? Mine has a different issue - the Bluetooth module doesn't appear to function below 0F.

The UI works but the device never appears in my Bluetooth devices list on either iOS or android. Once it warms up slightly it seems to work fine again. I am on 1.1.14 - worth it to try that new RC4?

Comment

Yes: OT blinkers. They've become a must. I can't live without them and I'm pissed off every time I drive a car that does NOT have them. So frustrating to touch the indicator stalk and only get one click 😂

That's the only feature I use outside from music streaming and calls.
                          That makes sense . Yeah, there is the possibility that the BlueBus doesn't have the right dimmer status from the LSZ, so "zero dim" is passed as the dimmer value along with the diagnostic request for the turn signals. I'll have to check over this code again and see why I might be missing the dimmer value as I do request it pretty aggressively.

Can you:
                          1. Note how long after the vehicle has been running (roughly) you see this issue? I would suspect it's pretty soon after.
                          2. Ensure that it does follow the use of the one touch blinkers.

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                          My turn signals have been broken since the day I picked up the car.
                          The best stereotype ​

Looks like an '01 E39 530i will be joining my fleet in a couple weeks... So here's a couple questions with regards to the BlueBus:

1. How does the feature "Angel eyes always on" work? I've not seen it in the settings on my E46. Does it also activate the taillights/numberplate lights/interior lights?
                          2. If I switch the BlueBus back and forth between the E46 and the E39, how will this affect the settings? Will I have to activate/deactivate stuff such as the angel eyes thing on and off every time or will it recognise that I've changed cars and adapt accordingly?

Fyi: the E39 has an MID and a CD charger (but no phone pre-wiring).

Thanks!
                          1. It just turns on the angel eyes, not any other lights . This doesn't work on LSZ-based cars (E46, E8x) because the LSZ doesn't seem to accept I/O activation requests for *just* the parking lamps. It does work if I switch on the diagnostic for the parking lamps switch, but then the car acts exactly as if I had just turned the indicator to parking lamps on my own (useless).

2. The settings are not impacted by moving the units from one vehicle to another. What will be impacted is the UI mode, but that's not something you really control anyways.

Originally posted by Fffrank View Post
                          Haven't scrolled back all that far but do see there have been reports of crashing in cold weather? Mine has a different issue - the Bluetooth module doesn't appear to function below 0F.

The UI works but the device never appears in my Bluetooth devices list on either iOS or android. Once it warms up slightly it seems to work fine again. I am on 1.1.14 - worth it to try that new RC4?
                          That actually sounds exactly like the cold weather issue. Can you upgrade to .19 RC4, then monitor for the issue? If it does recur, which I bet it will, then we can basically say that's the issue.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

That makes sense . Yeah, there is the possibility that the BlueBus doesn't have the right dimmer status from the LSZ, so "zero dim" is passed as the dimmer value along with the diagnostic request for the turn signals. I'll have to check over this code again and see why I might be missing the dimmer value as I do request it pretty aggressively.

Can you:
                            1. Note how long after the vehicle has been running (roughly) you see this issue? I would suspect it's pretty soon after.
                            2. Ensure that it does follow the use of the one touch blinkers.
                            I can already answer that one. It happens when I leave the garage/parking lot and get to the first turn or situation where I use OT blinkers.

1. It just turns on the angel eyes, not any other lights . This doesn't work on LSZ-based cars (E46, E8x) because the LSZ doesn't seem to accept I/O activation requests for *just* the parking lamps. It does work if I switch on the diagnostic for the parking lamps switch, but then the car acts exactly as if I had just turned the indicator to parking lamps on my own (useless).

2. The settings are not impacted by moving the units from one vehicle to another. What will be impacted is the UI mode, but that's not something you really control anyways.
                            Understood.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll use the feature or not. I have the actual DRLs (dimmed high beams) activated through NCS on the E46 and I'm pretty sure I'll end up going for the very same option on the E39.

Good to know I can move the Bluebus between the two cars and retain my settings.

Thanks!!

Comment

Ted, why is it that every time my iPhone connects to the bluebus it boosts up the ringer volume. So when I leave the car and it disconnects my ringer is on full and its very annoying that i get surprised every time my phone rings LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                                Ted, why is it that every time my iPhone connects to the bluebus it boosts up the ringer volume. So when I leave the car and it disconnects my ringer is on full and its very annoying that i get surprised every time my phone rings LOL
                                You mentioning that makes me realize my phone has been on mute for... a decade.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X