BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Would be the same if you left the head unit on though lol. If you can make it power on with the headunit regardless of key position that would be epic. Maybe configure it as an optional setting? I would be sold on that and could finally ditch my aux setup.
    What's the use case for listening to music without the key? Seems like a quick way to run down the battery

I will think about allowing this, but I would make it optional as I don't want to introduce a feature that could cause battery drain issues (I am hesitant to "speak" on the I-Bus when the key is out, for fear of keeping the bus awake) to the entire user base.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

What's the use case for listening to music without the key? Seems like a quick way to run down the battery

I will think about allowing this, but I would make it optional as I don't want to introduce a feature that could cause battery drain issues (I am hesitant to "speak" on the I-Bus when the key is out, for fear of keeping the bus awake) to the entire user base.

-Ted
      Lol. I use it all the time when I'm on a call in the parking lot and want the rest of the car powered down. Feature I've grown used to for almost 8yrs that's a hard habit to break.

I'd say make it an optional setting but not enabled by default so only people who want it would be effected. A lot of new cars actually have this feature as well. You would have to be pretty dumb to keep the headunit on indefinitely. Bluetooth would disconnect when the headunit is switched off then power down the ibus either immediately or on a timer that you set.
      Last edited by thegenius46m; 04-30-2021, 03:42 PM.
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Hey t3ddftw - any updated timeline on when you expect to have more of these?

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post
          Hey t3ddftw - any updated timeline on when you expect to have more of these?
          ECS will have some in late June, and I won't have any until September / October.

The electronics shortage is keeping things dicey

-Ted

Comment

I am taking orders for the early October batch now on https://bluebus.dev

For those of you waiting on the late June batch -- they are almost ready! I have to screw 1500 screws tonight, then test and package them.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

For those of you waiting on the late June batch -- they are almost ready! I have to screw 1500 screws tonight, then test and package them.

Thanks!
              -Ted
              I bought mine off ECS june 1st. It said I would get it by July 6th. Now it saying all the way to October 1st....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                I bought mine off ECS june 1st. It said I would get it by July 6th. Now it saying all the way to October 1st....
                If you ordered from ECS after May 21st, it won't ship from them until October. They sold more of than the 100 allocations they had, so those units won't be from this batch unfortunately.

Sorry!
                -Ted

Comment

Thanks!
                  Sweet!!
                  TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                  Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                  Evolve Eventuri
                  - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

If you ordered from ECS after May 21st, it won't ship from them until October. They sold more of than the 100 allocations they had, so those units won't be from this batch unfortunately.

Sorry!
                    -Ted
                    Any difference if I were to buy directly from you?

Comment

Anybody have a video of the functioning phone call via BlueBus or feedback on it's functionality?

t3ddftw - can you comment on the difference in OE microphone options? 84318380338, 84318380319 and 84316938762 are listed on your site and they all show that they work with the E46 M3.

I'll be ordering shortly - thanks!

Comment

Anybody have a video of the functioning phone call via BlueBus or feedback on it's functionality?

t3ddftw - can you comment on the difference in OE microphone options? 84318380338, 84318380319 and 84316938762 are listed on your site and they all show that they work with the E46 M3.

I'll be ordering shortly - thanks!
                        Phone calls were a little bit hit or miss in quality for a while, but I have gotten that squared away as of late. There are two issues that some issues experienced:
                        1. The other party on the call hearing their echo
                        2. "Business CD" users having to manually manage the phone call volume offset (calls are naturally quieter than media and need more amplification due to this).

For #1, the Clear Voice Capture Algorithm has taken care of this. The first 1000 or so units went out the door with this disabled, unfortunately, but I have a tool that will enable it for you.

For #2, I am working on bringing over the auto volume offset logic that I have for Navigation users to the CD53 by means of MFL (Multi-function Steering Wheel) emulation. This should work as most cars got the MFL, but of course ZCPs like my car did not, so I have some heavier testing to do there.

Other than that, calls are really frill-free -- On the Navigation UI you get a pop up with the Caller ID (Contact Name if it's available) and a picture of a phone, and on the other UIs you'll just get the Caller ID / Contact Name.

As far as the microphones, they all work the same with the BlueBus, but they are not the same electrically. I would go with whatever you find cheapest on eBay.

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

Any difference if I were to buy directly from you?
                          No difference. I have it for $220 right now, instead of $235, and I don't charge shipping.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

Phone calls were a little bit hit or miss in quality for a while, but I have gotten that squared away as of late. There are two issues that some issues experienced:
                            1. The other party on the call hearing their echo
                            2. "Business CD" users having to manually manage the phone call volume offset (calls are naturally quieter than media and need more amplification due to this).

For #1, the Clear Voice Capture Algorithm has taken care of this. The first 1000 or so units went out the door with this disabled, unfortunately, but I have a tool that will enable it for you.

For #2, I am working on bringing over the auto volume offset logic that I have for Navigation users to the CD53 by means of MFL (Multi-function Steering Wheel) emulation. This should work as most cars got the MFL, but of course ZCPs like my car did not, so I have some heavier testing to do there.

Other than that, calls are really frill-free -- On the Navigation UI you get a pop up with the Caller ID (Contact Name if it's available) and a picture of a phone, and on the other UIs you'll just get the Caller ID / Contact Name.

As far as the microphones, they all work the same with the BlueBus, but they are not the same electrically. I would go with whatever you find cheapest on eBay.

Thanks!
                            -Ted
                            Thanks for the quick response t3ddftw . I assume "Business CD" and "CD53" are synonymous with each other - I was under the impression that there were only 2 options for E46 M3s: Navigation and Non-Navigation (CD53/"Business CD"). Can you confirm that's correct?

I have a 2004 (11/2003 production) car (Non-Nav) that is pre-wired for the telephone and CD changer so I think I'd just need the 54-pin. Is there any incentive to order the BlueBus and the 54-pin adapter together?

Thanks again!
                            Last edited by mtpktz; 06-29-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response t3ddftw . I assume "Business CD" and "CD53" are synonymous with each other - I was under the impression that there were only 2 options for E46 M3s: Navigation and Non-Navigation (CD53/"Business CD"). Can you confirm that's correct?

I have a 2004 (11/2003 production) car (Non-Nav) that is pre-wired for the telephone and CD changer so I think I'd just need the 54-pin. Is there any incentive to order the BlueBus and the 54-pin adapter together?

Thanks again!
                              Right, sorry -- I try to not use jargon as much, but the CD53 is just the model number of the Business CD.

You're welcome to de-pin the 54-pin connector for use with the BlueBus, but the adapter will save you time, and possibly broken wire terminals. Honestly, I don't have the patience to de-pin the six wires in my own cars, and my cost is darn near (within 3 bucks) the price of the adapter as it stands (which is generally a lot of incentive as I'm cheap)...

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

Right, sorry -- I try to not use jargon as much, but the CD53 is just the model number of the Business CD.

You're welcome to de-pin the 54-pin connector for use with the BlueBus, but the adapter will save you time, and possibly broken wire terminals. Honestly, I don't have the patience to de-pin the six wires in my own cars, and my cost is darn near (within 3 bucks) the price of the adapter as it stands (which is generally a lot of incentive as I'm cheap)...

Thanks!
                                -Ted
                                Thanks for confirming. Sorry - I should have been more clear, I plan on purchasing the 54-pin adapter ($32) but if you're still ironing out kinks with the CD53 and Auto Volume offset, I'll hold off on the phone functionality until the volume issue is resolved.

Thanks again for your quick responses.
                                Last edited by mtpktz; 06-29-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X