No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since updating firmware to 1.1.15, the IHKA issue is gone, turn signals work correctly in all selections, and as far as I can tell, the 2003 M3 vert SMG and BlueBus are one! The only comment I would have is that the coolant temperature registers in Celsius. Should that be F for USA?
    Thanks, Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
      Since updating firmware to 1.1.15, the IHKA issue is gone, turn signals work correctly in all selections, and as far as I can tell, the 2003 M3 vert SMG and BlueBus are one! The only comment I would have is that the coolant temperature registers in Celsius. Should that be F for USA?
      Thanks, Ted.
      C is the actual real value, F would of been a hack for a EU car 😂. JK

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post

2003 530i E39

Did not try on the 2002 M5 E39 yet.

On the M5 I had to raise quite a lot the mic gain for my caller to hear me (0Db)
        You might just have a newer ZKE on the 2003 E39. I'll be adding support for all ZKEs soon.

Thanks, Ted.
        Engine / CPU temperatures always made more sense to me in C than F, BUT I do plan to use the vehicle unit settings to determine how to display that value (i.e. if you set the car to C, it'll display in C and vise versa).

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

C is the actual real value, F would of been a hack for a EU car 😂. JK
        There is math involved in display F because as you stated, the actual value comes through in C :P

-Ted

Comment

Hey Ted, I still have the problem with the IHKA 2002 with the CD54 and 1.1.15

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

You might just have a newer ZKE on the 2003 E39. I'll be adding support for all ZKEs soon.

-Ted
            Same behavior in the 2002's M5

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
              Hey Ted, I still have the problem with the IHKA 2002 with the CD54 and 1.1.15

Same behavior in the 2002's M5
              Can you guys try this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...s_1_1_15_1.hex

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Can you guys try this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...s_1_1_15_1.hex

Thanks!
                -Ted
                Access denied.

Comment

Access denied.
                  Sorry, I just fixed up the ACL for it.

Comment

Sorry, I just fixed up the ACL for it.
                    In the M5, it is worse, no unlock, but no more multiple blinker... flashed back 1.14 and blinkers works again.

In the 530i, I had an issue while flashing because of bad plug of the USB cable... hanged at 0% ... unit does not anwser anymore...
                    I suggest anyone wanting to flash the unit to remove it from the case, or cut the case to have a big hole for the USB plug...

Any help to fix the dead unit would be cool . COM port still detected but "Failed to get a response within 5 seconds". Only data led blinks red/orange

Edit : Ok, found the recovery jumper. Firmware restored. I will try it on the 530i.

Edit 2 : In the 530i the blinkers still works as usual, but still no unlock when switching from engine ON to 1 o 0 pos.
                    Last edited by Orphee; 09-17-2020, 06:23 AM.

Comment

In the M5, it is worse, no unlock, but no more multiple blinker... flashed back 1.14 and blinkers works again.

In the 530i, I had an issue while flashing because of bad plug of the USB cable... hanged at 0% ... unit does not anwser anymore...
                      I suggest anyone wanting to flash the unit to remove it from the case, or cut the case to have a big hole for the USB plug...

Any help to fix the dead unit would be cool . COM port still detected but "Failed to get a response within 5 seconds". Only data led blinks red/orange

Edit : Ok, found the recovery jumper. Firmware restored. I will try it on the 530i.
                      I recommend going back to 1.1.15.1 -- likely your LCM wasn't immediately identified as the new firmware needs to request the LCM identity to act upon it.

Definitely recommend a slim USB cable to be kept attached to the unit for updates .

I'll email you some additional commands so we can debug the locks issue. It sounds like the BlueBus isn't correctly identifying the state of your locks. This is crucial because I emulate the center console lock button as a means of locking and unlock the E39.

Make sure you remove the jumper or you will get stuck in the bootloader the next time the unit boots up

-Ted

Comment

I recommend going back to 1.1.15.1 -- likely your LCM wasn't immediately identified as the new firmware needs to request the LCM identity to act upon it.

Definitely recommend a slim USB cable to be kept attached to the unit for updates .

I'll email you some additional commands so we can debug the locks issue. It sounds like the BlueBus isn't correctly identifying the state of your locks. This is crucial because I emulate the center console lock button as a means of locking and unlock the E39.

Make sure you remove the jumper or you will get stuck in the bootloader the next time the unit boots up

-Ted
                        On the M5 I flashed 1.1.15.1 twice to be sure, no blinkers... so I restored the 1.1.14... I can still try again

On the 530I, I flashed 1.1.15.1 (bricked the unit) flashed it again, and it works like the 1.1.14 did.

Just as a reminder, I have auto lock function while car is driving set in the GM5 options... in both cars.

I guess it won't help but this feature worked find with Intravee II.

Edit : I have WSL on my Windows 10, didn't try to gather logs yet but I guess it should work fine.

Comment

Folks with pre-LCI cars have been having their A/C controls shut down on their own, or otherwise change settings on their own.

Thanks!
                          -Ted
                          Ted, thanks for that explanation. Yes I was driving the M3 this morning and the AC kept reverting to max air blow. I would press the Auto button; the airflow would reduce and a bit later, the airflow would ramp up. This is kinda opposite my initial HVAC experience where the AC reverted to a low setting and airflow would revert to a low air flow setting (see post #277).

Love the product.
                          Props to Ted for the continued support for debugging and adding features.

ps I believe I am running version 1.14 (as that is the last hex version in my blue bus folder).

Comment

Originally posted by sfhondapilot View Post

Ted, thanks for that explanation. Yes I was driving the M3 this morning and the AC kept reverting to max air blow. I would press the Auto button; the airflow would reduce and a bit later, the airflow would ramp up. This is kinda opposite my initial HVAC experience where the AC reverted to a low setting and airflow would revert to a low air flow setting (see post #277).

Love the product.

ps I believe I am running version 1.14 (as that is the last hex version in my blue bus folder).
                            Ted,I couldn't be more pleased with the performance of your BlueBus in my '03 M3 vert. No funky issues experienced over the past several weeks so I'm assuming my case is closed.
                            While I have no known problems to address, I'm wondering which firmware version should I be running?
                            Thanks again for the product development and support.

Comment

Originally posted by sfhondapilot View Post

Love the product.

Definitely upgrade to 1.1.15 to get rid of that HVAC bug -- sorry for the trouble, too!

Ted,I couldn't be more pleased with the performance of your BlueBus in my '03 M3 vert. No funky issues experienced over the past several weeks so I'm assuming my case is closed.
                              While I have no known problems to address, I'm wondering which firmware version should I be running?
                              Thanks again for the product development and support.
                              Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the unit.

1.1.15.1 is fine for most everyone. Most notable in the .1 release is the fact that the MID UI has been revamped so it's rock-solid (not that this applies to E46 owners...).

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

any progress on phone-mic/audio volume for CD53?
                                '06 Carbon Black
                                Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Working...
                                X