BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
    Thanks, Ted, that would probably be the problem. I'll get that plugged in and give it another go. Thanks for the help! I'm not sure how I missed that.
    Perfect! Let us know how it goes and make sure you crank the volume on your phone to 100% once paired up

Thanks!
    -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

That depends. Are you comfortable de-pinning the TCU connector in the car? If so, then no, you don't need anything but the free "de-pin" connector. The TCU adapter exists to make installing the BlueBus into a car with factory telephony prep "plug and play". If the car didn't have the telephone package or the prep, it would be a complete no-go.

Thanks!
      -Ted
      Thanks again! Definitely not comfortable de-pining anything - Plug and play is what I need lol. I'll be sure to include the TCU adapter in my order then 😁

Comment

It’s here! And I’m still in quarantine

Comment

Perfect! Let us know how it goes and make sure you crank the volume on your phone to 100% once paired up

Thanks!
          -Ted
          I swapped that wire as you said and boom we have sound. It works perfectly and sounds great. Thank you again!
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Hey Ted, curious where I am in the shipping queue — have two coming, order #101 thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
              It’s here! And I’m still in quarantine
              Is the car at least with you so you can install it? I've definitely just hung out in my car before and drank a beer with some music on, because it's my happy place :P

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I swapped that wire as you said and boom we have sound. It works perfectly and sounds great. Thank you again!
              Perfect, I'm glad that was easy to diagnose and resolve!

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
              Hey Ted, curious where I am in the shipping queue — have two coming, order #101 thanks!
              Your order is waiting on adapter cables :/. If you want those later on, I can send just the BlueBus units sometime this week.

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Your order is waiting on adapter cables :/. If you want those later on, I can send just the BlueBus units sometime this week.

Thanks!
                -Ted
                Sure, if you don’t mind. Happy to pay the extra shipping down the road but would be cool to get these installed during quarantine and just add the TCU control later.

Thanks!

Comment

Is the car at least with you so you can install it? I've definitely just hung out in my car before and drank a beer with some music on....
                  -Ted
                  No it’s at my parents house where I stores it when I was on my US trip last month. Can’t leave our apartment before Friday. I’ll have to go to the shop on Saturday to install the bluebus and my new GC shocks. I hope they are working full time so we can get the shocks installed while I install and test the bluebus.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Sure, if you don’t mind. Happy to pay the extra shipping down the road but would be cool to get these installed during quarantine and just add the TCU control later.

Thanks!
                    Done!

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

No it’s at my parents house where I stores it when I was on my US trip last month. Can’t leave our apartment before Friday. I’ll have to go to the shop on Saturday to install the bluebus and my new GC shocks. I hope they are working full time so we can get the shocks installed while I install and test the bluebus.
                      Ah, that's unfortunate. Saturday will be here soon enough, though

Comment

Hey Ted i was meaning to ask but was too lazy to take a pic for myself... In Liam's pic is this thing circled the 54pin ses connector? That's what i have in my 03 m5 and was unsure but that's the adapter i ordered anyways. I also don't know what the black thing that it's plugged into is...a cap?

Comment

Originally posted by qwkteg125 View Post
                          Hey Ted i was meaning to ask but was too lazy to take a pic for myself... In Liam's pic is this thing circled the 54pin ses connector? That's what i have in my 03 m5 and was unsure but that's the adapter i ordered anyways. I also don't know what the black thing that it's plugged into is...a cap?
                          Howdy!

That's the 26-pin SES connector. The black plug covering it is a "jumper" which ensures that the signals that come into the connector make it back out when no SES is installed. BMW decided that the signals from the TCU would go to the SES connector and connect to the rest of the car there...

If you have an E46 that's newer than 03/2002 and you have a capped SES, your best bet is actually the 54 pin adapter.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

Ok went out and snapped a picture of my car... Can you tell which adapter i need? Thanks, can't wait to get my bluebus in!

Comment

Originally posted by qwkteg125 View Post
                              Ok went out and snapped a picture of my car... Can you tell which adapter i need? Thanks, can't wait to get my bluebus in!
                              Oh, you have a E39

You still need the 54 pin adapter, though.

Well, technically either works? But the 54 pin adapter is easier for me to manufacture

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

Haha yeah I'm just creeping up on here. Dangerous though because it makes me look into e46s when i don't have the garage space....

Thanks for the confirmation on the adapter!

Comment

Working...
                                X