Headliner Fabric from Veteranco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
    I was looking at this a few days ago since my headliner just started sagging

As far as I could tell veteranco's new website is https://www.cartopsplus.com/
    That's a different place in Anaheim. Veteran co is in downtown LA. Their websites have always been atrocious to the point of comedy. I guarantee the IT guy who is also the janitor just forgot to renew their domain.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

That's a different place in Anaheim. Veteran co is in downtown LA. Their websites have always been atrocious to the point of comedy. I guarantee the IT guy who is also the janitor just forgot to renew their domain.
      Ah you're right my mistake. For some reason I thought I had seen something linking the two websites.

They're probably all stocking the same fabric so I suspect it doesn't matter where you order from.

Comment

Yup for sure, that place is more convenient to people in OC or anyone who wants to order online. So like, everyone lol
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

I actually ordered my stuff from my local dealership as their prices were significantly better than ECS and ECS was backordered on the euro headliner. Received them last week and finally installed this past weekend, I didn't notice them not matching but I didn't lay everything out side by side under a light either

How much did you pay via dealer if you don’t mind me asking?
          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Headliner was 617
            All pillars and abs covers were 747

Comment

What kind of glue/adhesive do we like for the BM134 headliner, and BM3109 for A/B/C pillars?
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I've heard that 3M Spray adhesive 77 or 90 don't hold up well long term. DAP Weldwood Landau Contact Cement is the stuff to use if you want to do it once and never have to worry about it.

Added a link: https://glueplace.com/industries/con...rade-1-gallon/
                Last edited by toy4to; 03-21-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

3M super 77 or super 90. Personally, I've found the 77 to have enough hold. Just make sure to spray it on the pillar and wait until it tacks up to attach the fabric. If you spray it on the fabric or attach it when it's still too wet, it might bleed through.

Edit: hmm, interesting thought above. I glued my pillars back just a couple months ago, so can't speak to the longevity of the adhesive. Also no experience with the weldwood stuff.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I bought this fabric but can't figure out how to wrap the C pillars. it doesn't conform to the curves at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                      I bought this fabric but can't figure out how to wrap the C pillars. it doesn't conform to the curves at all.
                      I had to do a relief cut right under the window pop-out arm. I covered that with a small fabric patch, luckily it's under the arm so I'm not too fussed with that

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
                        DAP Weldwood Landau Contact Cement is the stuff to use if you want to do it once and never have to worry about it.

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                        Also no experience with the weldwood stuff.
                        I haven't used the contact cement for headliner, but I used it for repairing the pillar trim on my E46 wagon. It was holding up great at two years (and it was parked outside) when I sold the car.
                        Contact cement is the same stuff used for Formica countertops, so it should last a really long time.

Comment

Does the moonroof shade use the same material (BM134) as the headliner? On another car I owned, the shade used a material with thinner foam backing. Poking around on my car, the shade foam actually feels thicker than the headliner.
                          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Which one did you buy? Did you ever get it to work?

I'm thinking at this point to go non-OE. Total price for all new pillars is silly to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post

Which one did you buy? Did you ever get it to work?

I'm thinking at this point to go non-OE. Total price for all new pillars is silly to spend.
                              Yes, eventually I got it. I used global upholstery BM3109. The trick was using 3M "90" industrial spray adhesive and removing the old felt backing from the pillar cover so the new fabric could bond directly to the plastic, which was a real pain in the ass. I then sprayed both sides and massaged it onto the panel. It stuck down and looks factory.

The A and B pillars you can probably leave the old felt attached, because there's no weird curves it needs to adhere to. The issue I had originally was that it would just pull up the fibers of the old fabric and so it wouldn't stick down.

Comment

Yes, eventually I got it. I used global upholstery BM3109. The trick was using 3M "90" industrial spray adhesive and removing the old felt backing from the pillar cover so the new fabric could bond directly to the plastic, which was a real pain in the ass. I then sprayed both sides and massaged it onto the panel. It stuck down and looks factory.

The A and B pillars you can probably leave the old felt attached, because there's no weird curves it needs to adhere to. The issue I had originally was that it would just pull up the fibers of the old fabric and so it wouldn't stick down.
                                Ok great thank you. It's ridiculous the things we have to do... sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X