The carbon slicktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    ^ I recognize that garage and car, bought my ZCP wheels from him. Nice dude, nice car and cool conversion. Personally I’d just go CF at that point, it’s mostly labor cost anyway. Unless these stupid roof rails become impossible to source or obscenely expensive
    Haha yep - good buyer too I actually bought the CSL rails at that price and had them painted imola to delete the rack flaps.

Comment

Finally in the slicktop club!

Packaging is heft! Box weighs 35 lbs (mostly the box) and tons of protection. Each 90 degree bend is protected by reinforced cardboard edge protector. I have yet to open the bubble wrap.

Picked this over Karbonius because this vendor is on the forum, quicker delivery (~1 month wait from order to doorstep), no tax, and having a US contact is much better than Spain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IND.png
Views:	1085
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	45250

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200713_154516.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	45251

Comment

^^^ Did you go factory steel slicktop or cf?

Comment

finally, my contribution here!

Just finished it yesterday, now I have to reassemble the interior with all the alcantara pieces.

Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

some in process pictures before the windows were installed. Since I couldnt source the CSL roof rails instock, i just painted the oe ones and reinstalled.

Also, wanted to show a picture of the slicktop headliner, pillars and rear decklid in Genuine Anthracite Alcantara.

Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Carbon roofs on these cars look amazing. Nice job OP, putting together all list of current offerings.

Comment

Maybe worth a shot, anyone who did/is doing full carbon roof have a sunroof panel that you bought but would not be using anymore and wanting to sell?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I regretted doing mine. Pics for thread

Comment

Chas3n why the regret?
                    Last edited by P Swayz; 08-02-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

My wallet is quite upset that I'm looking at this thread

Comment

The Karbonius CF roof I got had tabs just like the OEM Steel roof so it was easy to just get my original rail painted black and reuse it. I think Karbonius might be the only company that does the tabs on the roof for that, the rest are all blank like the OEM one so you are forced to use CSL rails or rig up a way to get your original ones to mount.

Comment

Has anyone been able to source a Karbonius roof? All the sites I have found have them pushed off until Feb. of 2021.
                          2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                          [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Well. I'm slowly sourcing the parts for this job after doing everything else that I wanted so far on my E46. Just need to order the roof.

Comment

For any of you military guys out there, IND offers 10% off for military. So I was able to order the RKP 1x1 weaved carbon roof for essentially retail, saving myself on the shipping compared to other outlets that offer the roof at $1500, plus tax, plus shipping which may end up around $17-1800.

Comment

Karbonious 1x1 carbon fiber
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X