Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

Liking these alcantara headliners guys 👍🏻
    Either of you get the sunvisors done also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '96 RSP TT6spd Supra
    '05 Jet Black 6spd ZCP M3
    iG: 2jz.jest

Comment

This is how IND packs up these RKP roofs.

Comment

There's always AF-1 for if you want to chance it. 😲

Feff
        MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Nice! I'll have to take a look if you're free Thanksgiving weekend! I don't think I'll be getting mine done until probably January-ish. I want my headliner redone in Alcantara, so just waiting on a few other things before getting it all done.

I'd wait until Black Friday and get the IND discount. Like I mentioned, if you were military you'd get 10% all year long. I was about to get it $1490 shipped.
          Sounds good man, just shoot me a PM. I also did an alcantara headliner. Totally worth it.
          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
            This is how IND packs up these RKP roofs.

We take our packaging pretty seriously! Believe it or not, we recently received an actual complaint that we packaged an order with too much bubble wrap 😂

Obviously we're pretty partial to our RKP Carbon Roof. We also offer installs if you're local to the Chicago area; we've probably installed at least 20 roofs (across multiple chassis) over the years.

We still have some 1x1 weave (OE style) carbon roofs in stock, but unfortunately we're still out-of-stock on the 2x2 (unless someone is interested in a crazy custom red kevlar 2x2 carbon roof we've had on hand after a customer backed out 😐). And we're just about caught up on the 2x2 roof back-orders, so wait time on those shouldn't be bad.

2x2 VS 1x1:

Click image for larger version  Name:	32045285057_b37f64a001_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	68767
            Last edited by IND-Distribution; 11-21-2020, 12:19 PM.
            IND DISTRIBUTION | 847-963-4520 • INSTAGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKR

Comment

Some serious packaging indeed, but love it!

How about making some more carbon goodies for our E46 M3, IND?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IND.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	68785

Comment

That is a nice feature that the Karbonius roof keeps the mountings for the roof rails.

What is the average cost to have a carbon roof installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                  That is a nice feature that the Karbonius roof keeps the mountings for the roof rails.

What is the average cost to have a carbon roof installed?
                  I'm interested on the labor cost as well.
                  Instagram: @s54.m3

Comment

$2k-$3k. I was quoted $2100 just on the labor side of things. That's supplying all the parts.

Comment

That's pretty steep for labor costs. I've had several reputable shops quote me around $1k with glass removal and everything. It really isn't that difficult a task for a shop that has prior experience with this.
                      Last edited by fullyflaredd; 11-22-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

idk, but $1k sounds too good to be true. I'd love a deal, don't get me wrong, but that just seems sketchy to me.

Comment

PM me and I'll send you the name of the shops I spoke with. One is in the bay area, and another in socal. As I mentioned they are very reputable shops who have done this before many times so it's not like they're taking on a new unknown project. This is just labor we're speaking of. A bit north of $1k but not by much.
                          Last edited by fullyflaredd; 11-22-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Besides the glass removal/installation, you can get away with doing it yourself too. Just drill out the million spot welds and make sure to prep everything correctly before panel bonding.

You can probably get any mobile glass installer to come remove and reinstall the glass for you. And a mobile welder to weld in the brace if you can't do it yourself.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
                              That's pretty steep for labor costs. I've had several reputable shops quote me around $1k with glass removal and everything. It really isn't that difficult a task for a shop that has prior experience with this.
                              Sending you a PM
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

If you are considering doing a carbon fiber roof yourself, here's a tool from 3M a friend mentioned to quickly remove the rivets if you have a compressor.

Collision Hub Video: https://youtu.be/zDIq8psx8hk

3M Mini Belt Sander: https://www.amazon.com/3M-33575-case...6132206&sr=8-2

There are some electric version of the belt sander as well on Amazon.
                                Makita: https://www.amazon.com/Makita-9032-4...132206&sr=8-15

Feff
                                MVP Track Time

Comment

Working...
                                X