No announcement yet.

PNP Upgraded Injectors for NA Build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what cams did you go with? 280/272? 288/280? high lift?

Comment

Originally posted by sickrunners View Post
      He has 288/280's
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Could you elaborate on the rail angle a bit. What's the angling for? About how much of an angle are we talking?
        I've been on the fence about new injectors for a while but at $220, it's a no brainer.
        I can't remember exactly but there's a couple mm difference between stock and these 550cc. You just need a small washer to angle the fuel injector rail very slightly. I wish I had pics of it but haven't had a chance to get under the hood. When you see it, it'll make sense. It's just a tiny difference. These injectors are almost perfectly plug and play though, and they run butter smooth with a good tune. It's nice to not be running 100% injector duty cycle. 🤪
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by sickrunners View Post
          I thought he had 280/272. You can't run 14mm lift with stock pistons so you can forget about those.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I can't remember exactly but there's a couple mm difference between stock and these 550cc. You just need a small washer to angle the fuel injector rail very slightly. I wish I had pics of it but haven't had a chance to get under the hood. When you see it, it'll make sense. It's just a tiny difference. These injectors are almost perfectly plug and play though, and they run butter smooth with a good tune. It's nice to not be running 100% injector duty cycle. 🤪
            Not to mention running 100% on 15 year old injectors. I have no head work but do have a set of 272/280s sitting around waiting for me to have time. I'm not familiar with S54 tunes but I can safely assume these 370whp+ tunes approach 100%. I was told to never exceed 95% or so for reliability. Above 98% is a no go. What's the minimum though?
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Could you elaborate on the rail angle a bit. What's the angling for? About how much of an angle are we talking?
              I've been on the fence about new injectors for a while but at $220, it's a no brainer.
              Looks like I don’t have any pics but I just ordered a radium fuel rail with the AN feed line which allows you to remove the feed rail height variable and shim the mounting tabs to the itbs which should (fingers crossed) allow me to adjust for the small discrepancy in injector height differences. My main issue is needing to raise the injector a tad higher so the lower o rings aren’t causing a vacuum leak because this is not optimal but the car runs fine and Hassan was able to tune it.

But he’ll yeah these injectors are night and day over stock bs. Hassan was almost completely able to fix the drivability issue I had before because he had to detune for the lack of fueling from the stock injectors.

With porting, schrick 280/272 cams, upgraded and lighter single groove valves, and the 550cc injectors the car is still making power on the dyno at 8600rpm without drop off and it feels considerably faster from 3k+. With stock injector the power dropped off at 8200rpm and the car drove like crap imho.

VF engineering uses this same injector with their stage 2 supercharger kit and they use spacers to raise the injector out of the throttle body but have you drill out the fuel rail bolt holes because it will not line up to the factory points as is.

If I get everything this week I will take some pics of what I end up with install wise. But I’ll be honest this has been a royal pia because nothing is direct plug and play. And EV1 injectors are antiquated tech so you’re dealing with custom fitment for the EV14, but the car will drive so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Here is what VF includes with their SC kit for the 550cc injector

I have these from McMaster that my friend BbrTuning is running with these injectors

I’m going to probably just run 1 though because if you go too high the electrical harness puts way too much tension on the injector because it’s smashing the head and torquing the injector. VF also says the pig tails need to be slightly released to lessen the tension which I’m going to try as well. You can only do so much though before the harness just flops around since the injectors are what keep it secured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

This is a great thread! I’ve been wondering why my NA build hasn’t been able to make peak power than others have been able to and I think the stock fuel injectors are my limitation.

Couple of questions.
                  1) Any issue using the stock fuel pump and FPR for the larger injectors?
                  2) what was the part number for the washer on the injector?
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                    This is a great thread! I’ve been wondering why my NA build hasn’t been able to make peak power than others have been able to and I think the stock fuel injectors are my limitation.

Couple of questions.
                    your dyno results suggest a fairly flat 13.5:1 AFR on the topend which means you are unlikely maxing them out

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Couple of questions.
                      Injectors ain't yo problem brobro.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Injectors ain't yo problem brobro.
                        What makes you say that?
                        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Can anyone share their injector latency offsets for the Bosch 550cc injectors? Ever since I swapped these in, I'm running lean at idle and low throttle. If I compensation on the global scalar I'll end up running rich at mid throttle inputs (fuel trims go to -20%). Fuel pressure is a touch low (65psi at idle with vacuum hose attached), but I don't think that would cause these issues. The biggest tip off is that when I add 10% fuel at WOT it does not translate to a 10% shift in lambda values according to my wideband.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_R View Post
                            Can anyone share their injector latency offsets for the Bosch 550cc injectors? Ever since I swapped these in, I'm running lean at idle and low throttle. If I compensation on the global scalar I'll end up running rich at mid throttle inputs (fuel trims go to -20%). Fuel pressure is a touch low (65psi at idle with vacuum hose attached), but I don't think that would cause these issues. The biggest tip off is that when I add 10% fuel at WOT it does not translate to a 10% shift in lambda values according to my wideband.
                            Contact HTE Performance and he will help you with settings etc.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                            X