No announcement yet.

Karbonius Carbon Fibre Stock S54 Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably going to be more annoying to install that bracket with the airbox on that it is to take the airbox off the engine, regardless of whether you plug those holes or not.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by ///MBan View Post

It's supposed to come with the airbox (you can see it in the pictures on their website), but it must just have been left out when mine was shipped. The holes do pass all the way through. In the long term I'd definitely want to run the proper bracket but I could plug the holes in the short-term. What I'm worried about is it turning into a pain installing the bracket when the airbox is installed on the engine. I'm not keen to pull it all off again, buy new hose clamps, etc.

I have some running around to do today and I think I'll pick up some suitable screws and decide over night.
      At least share some more pics man… 😬

Comment

Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB041553_sml.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	191276

Name:	PB041561_sml.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	191277

Name:	PB041557_sml.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	191278

Name:	PB041558_sml.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	191279

Comment

Beautiful! Cannot wait to get mine and pair it with the eventuri.

Comment

hmm i wonder if we can request to paint the box flat black, to make it look like the stock airbox, mainly for CA things...

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post
              hmm i wonder if we can request to paint the box flat black, to make it look like the stock airbox, mainly for CA things...
              This is a great idea. Feels like a shame to hit it with Plasti-dip . . . but visual inspection can be a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post
                Could you have it wrapped in matte black? Then at least you can take it off again.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

This is a great idea. Feels like a shame to hit it with Plasti-dip . . . but visual inspection can be a bummer.
                  Would Plasti dip survive engine temps?

Could you have it wrapped in matte black? Then at least you can take it off again.
                  Same as above not sure if there is a wrap that would survive engine bay temps

Comment

Am curious, the main body part of the plenum, the part that stays on when you take the elbow side off, is it the same as the regular CSL airbox?

Comment

Originally posted by TeddybearCup View Post
                      Am curious, the main body part of the plenum, the part that stays on when you take the elbow side off, is it the same as the regular CSL airbox?
                      It looks pretty similar, but you'd need to get them side by side to check. By the way, the two pieces are bonded together on the new plenum, so you can't separate them like you can with the CSL intake.

Comment

It looks pretty similar, but you'd need to get them side by side to check. By the way, the two pieces are bonded together on the new plenum, so you can't separate them like you can with the CSL intake.
                        Ah damn, yup I see that now in the pictures too, no screws. Functionality it makes sense, having an air leak there, past the MAF, would be bad.

Comment

///MBan when do you think you’ll get around to installing this.

I received the email from Karb but would like to get your impressions before I pull the trigger if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post
                            ///MBan when do you think you’ll get around to installing this.

I received the email from Karb but would like to get your impressions before I pull the trigger if possible.
                            The missing part is on its way. If it travels as fast as the plenum did, I should have it mid-next week and install next weekend.

There is a guy in Europe (Germany, I think) whose plenum shipped last week so he will hopefully install before me and will be able to provide impressions too.

Comment

Getting excited

Comment

Supposedly mine is coming tomorrow. Currently working on swapping the front O2 sensors and cursing that they are deep in there, but should be ready to move on to installing this over the weekend.
                                Have the CSL SMG fluid expansion tank and bracket here and ready too.

Comment

Working...
                                X