No announcement yet.

Karbonius Carbon Fibre Stock S54 Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those interested in sound, this paired with the eventuri is a 1:1 match to the CSL Replica!!!

Karb CSL Replica: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT27P..._web_copy_link
    Karb OEM Style + Eventuri: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sBxQZm58Etg

Use headphones, bear in mind the CSL replica is my car, and it had Remus Exhaust, so the deeper overall tone is the exhaust.

Comment

Where was the mic installed for that video?

I think most people will want to know what it sounds like with the original filter housing rather than eventuri. At least that’s what I’m excited to hear…

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
        Where was the mic installed for that video?

I think most people will want to know what it sounds like with the original filter housing rather than eventuri. At least that’s what I’m excited to hear…
        Posts 63, 80, 83 above provide some prelim clips and comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

A zpost member has installed their Karbonius plenum - see post 238 in the thread below for impressions and installation notes:

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthr...900559&page=11

Comment

Originally posted by TeddybearCup View Post
            Supposedly mine is coming tomorrow. Currently working on swapping the front O2 sensors and cursing that they are deep in there, but should be ready to move on to installing this over the weekend.
            Have the CSL SMG fluid expansion tank and bracket here and ready too.
            Can I ask how the SMG fluid expansion is attached?

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
              Posts 63, 80, 83 above provide some prelim clips and comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              No driving videos and sound under load with microphone inside the cabin.. reviving a parked car is not really a good reference

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post

I'm going to be figuring that out. I don't see any bolts or holes I can use so I think I have to drill into the shock tower face.

Also, didn't realize I need the CSL breather hose, so gotta order that.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post

Need to bolt/weld to the strut tower. Pics in this thread: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...project.33785/

Rivnuts sounds like a good option, but haven't needed to do it myself, so haven't checked for clearance.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

No driving videos and sound under load with microphone inside the cabin.. reviving a parked car is not really a good reference
                    I'll be doing this when I get mine fitted. I just found out I need to order the CSL crankcase hose... hopefully that arrives before next weekend!

Comment

Unboxed and sticker added. Too bad the car is not with me to install it... It will be next weekend

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	192076

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	192077

Comment

Originally posted by ///MBan View Post

I'll be doing this when I get mine fitted. I just found out I need to order the CSL crankcase hose... hopefully that arrives before next weekend!
                        I realized I could just use 3/4" ID hose! So I'm going that route. All the CSL hoses I could find don't ship until mid next week.
                        BUT DHL said it would deliver today and...sadly it's not here yet. I did have to pay them $50 for customs last night, so maybe customs payment slowed down the delivery process. Or maybe because today was Veteran's Day.
                        Even got rivnuts and a tool for them same-day shipped over Amazon.

Comment

Very much looking forward to impressions here. I had the full Karb CSL box previously, but had major headaches/problems with the CSL DME coding and MAP. The idea of keeping MAF in place but still getting some good sounds definitely intrigues me - curious how much sound comes from the box itself being CF versus the massive inlet on the CSL box.

Comment

Originally posted by EYEHAVEYOU View Post
                            Very much looking forward to impressions here. I had the full Karb CSL box previously, but had major headaches/problems with the CSL DME coding and MAP. The idea of keeping MAF in place but still getting some good sounds definitely intrigues me - curious how much sound comes from the box itself being CF versus the massive inlet on the CSL box.
                            A zpost member already has his installed and with an Eventuri as well he says it's pretty much the same as the full CSL box (see the link I posted above). Previously Karbonius provided some video which showed the new carbon plenum with the stock airbox in place was not as loud as the CSL intake, but that's not really surprising.

Comment

DHL finally delivering today! Will hopefully have the car up and running by the evening. Biggest fear is if I tear intake boots and need new ones and if I somehow fuck up the SMG expansion tank relocation.
                              The car is on the K&N intake right now.

Comment

I'll wait and see how everyone else goes with the CSL reservoir bracket lol. I remember on the old forums someone had come up with bracket that didn't need drilling but can't find anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X