Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post
    Then the PSS10 for the E60 should fit the bill Bilstein Part # 48-135498
    That is my top contender. I'd just like to try it in person, first, as my Bilstein experiences have been... mixed.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Pros: sweet handling and easier to work on/adjust
      cons: probably will have shorter service intervals and you’re stuck while the rebuild is happening.

Comment

My friend put B6 with Dinan springs (very very mild drop) on E60 M5, and it's fantastic. And it's so much cheaper than b16.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

That is my top contender. I'd just like to try it in person, first, as my Bilstein experiences have been... mixed.
          THIS...is exactly why ive not yet changed from the KONI YELLOW/Stock spring complete refresh YOU and many other OG m3f guys recommended. Even though lots of praise for Bilstein (they have too many offerings IMO-cant keep them straight). Ive had zero complaints on Koni Yellow/Stock springs, except lack of ease on rear adjustment - and maybe the height of oem springs. THATS IT! Ive owned KWV3's on 2 cars prior and always were okay. No complaints on either chassis that I ran them. An absolute pay grade above BC/etc- can get you low enough to please the eye without sacrificing much ride quality. Right now id like a slightly lower height, but never had great experience with lowering springs in the past. Although the Dinan/Eibach springs for this chassis seem to get high praise and fall into the "flat ride" category I believe? (Correct if im wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusivs View Post

THIS...is exactly why ive not yet changed from the KONI YELLOW/Stock spring complete refresh YOU and many other OG m3f guys recommended. Even though lots of praise for Bilstein (they have too many offerings IMO-cant keep them straight). Ive had zero complaints on Koni Yellow/Stock springs, except lack of ease on rear adjustment - and maybe the height of oem springs. THATS IT! Ive owned KWV3's on 2 cars prior and always were okay. No complaints on either chassis that I ran them. An absolute pay grade above BC/etc- can get you low enough to please the eye without sacrificing much ride quality. Right now id like a slightly lower height, but never had great experience with lowering springs in the past. Although the Dinan/Eibach springs for this chassis seem to get high praise and fall into the "flat ride" category I believe? (Correct if im wrong).
            As the owner of a Dinan/Koni setup, I would argue that the Stock/Koni might be better from a performance standpoint. Dinan looks better but the Koni shock bodies are the same as stock so you give up a lot of the already limited bump travel...

The KW V3 shock bodies are a lot shorter so you can lower the car and still have a functional setup.

Then again you shouldn't lower your car if you are after performance, considering the roll center stuff.

Comment

A buddy of mine had V3's on his E46 M3 and it was not a nice ride on the street. If your car isn't ever going to the track, I'd personally refresh the stock stuff.

Comment

Anyone have personal experience with these?

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

https://www.tcklineracing.com/index....&Calculate=Yes
                  That is, IMO, one of the best setups sold for this car.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

https://www.tcklineracing.com/index....&Calculate=Yes
                    yes. That’s what I have in my car. And yes to what obioban said.

I too would go with koni yellows instead of billstein.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I have the TCK SA's not the DA's and they are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by YYC ///M3 View Post
                        I have the TCK SA's not the DA's and they are amazing
                        What spring rates did you go with?
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

What spring rates did you go with?
                          Whichever are the softest ones. I believe 350 (front) 450 (rear)?

Comment

My dad recently joined the club. He prefers spirited driving to track use, anyone have experience with the ST XTAs? Similar to the KW Clubsports, no? I've heard they're a bit soft for the track but for canyon carving it might be perfect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
                              My dad recently joined the club. He prefers spirited driving to track use, anyone have experience with the ST XTAs? Similar to the KW Clubsports, no? I've heard they're a bit soft for the track but for canyon carving it might be perfect for him.
                              Pass on the ST. KW Clubsport is comparable to TCK DA, however TCK is better, in my opinion.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Pass on the ST. KW Clubsport is comparable to TCK DA, however TCK is better, in my opinion.
                                Agreed on all counts.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X