Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widened Carbon Fenders & CSL Bumper

Hey guys,

I'm starting this thread to document my unboxing and fitment impressions on the 10mm Widened Carbon Fenders and CSL Carbon Bumper . Pricing & Terms TBD.

There are many good news as of now.

Packaging & Shipping

I found a way to package and ship these individually via DHL from Germany. It worked, it was cheap, it wasn't exactly fast at 5-6 weeks but the first fender came in perfect condition with no sign of damage to the packaging.

The other fender and CSL bumper should be here this week as well. I had to pay about 60$ worth of duty fees to Canada.

This will be very useful for the upcoming pre-order and deliveries worldwide at a reasonable cost. Total shipping was 600$ US for the 3x parts. I was initially quoted 1,400$ via commercial air freight + duties & brokerages fees.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09358.jpg Views:	2142 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	171284

The Widened Fenders

Unboxing

We won't know precisely how good these are until this is fitted to the car next week - however I feel comfortable speaking on the craftsmanship and carbon quality.

The fenders were created from a negative mold of the Genuine Fenders and modified for a 10mm larger width. The tabs, brackets and holes are all there and sturdy. None were damaged during shipping.

The carbon process used is pre-preg & autoclave - the highest quality and what I prioritize on all carbon parts I want on my cars.

The carbon work is well done. Usually manufacturers skimp on the backside. They didn't here.

The fenders come primered in a thick gel coat. I unboxed these at the body shop and the crew was impressed at the quality and felt this would be easy to fit and spray rapidly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09359.jpg Views:	2147 Size:	149.2 KB ID:	171285

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC09373.jpg Views:	2149 Size:	319.3 KB ID:	171288
    Fitment

Stay updated on fitment pics!

The CSL Carbon Bumper

Fingers crossed it arrives in 1 pc : )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 11-19-2023, 01:05 PM.

I've waited a long time for that front bumper to be received and fitted to your M3 Epoustouflant. Just last week I almost ordered an OEM Euro front bumper, but after this post, I'll wait a bit longer to see the results as I'm still on the fence.

Comment

Also really interested to see fitment. Following.
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
        I've waited a long time for that front bumper to be received and fitted to your M3 Epoustouflant. Just last week I almost ordered an OEM Euro front bumper, but after this post, I'll wait a bit longer to see the results as I'm still on the fence.
        I promise I'll have both fenders and bumper fitted next week : )

It's exciting seeing the E46 build coming together so fast. I drove it last night with the 90% finished interior - and even though the mechanical condition of the car is poor at best, I still fell the joy of driving it.

Nothing like it.

Comment

Does the CSL bumper work in conjunction with the widened fenders, or is it compatible with the OE fenders?
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
            Does the CSL bumper work in conjunction with the widened fenders, or is it compatible with the OE fenders?
            Both. You don't need to modify the OE liner.

This is how it's supposed to look:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0171.jpg Views:	2326 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	171318
            Last edited by Epoustouflant; 11-19-2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Hmm. So the front edge of the widened fenders tapers down to the same width as the standard fender?
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Hmm. So the front edge of the widened fenders tapers down to the same width as the standard fender?
                Exactly! The widened section is at the top of the tire I believe. I will take side by side shots with my OE fenders to give a better comparo.

Comment

Mmmm these do look nice. Can't wait to see them on.
                  2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                  2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

yes

i'm going to end up with 3 sets of fenders sup
                    Casa de Mesa
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

yes

i'm going to end up with 3 sets of fenders sup
                      Casa de Mesa

So dope.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Very nice, quality looks awesome. But wont the rear fenders look out of proportion compared to the wider fronts?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                          Very nice, quality looks awesome. But wont the rear fenders look out of proportion compared to the wider fronts?
                          I don't think 10mm will be overly noticeable or look out of place.
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I don't think 10mm will be overly noticeable or look out of place.
                            Will be interesting to see on lighter or brighter color cars. It'll hide well on darker colored cars...

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                              I think just doing one end of the car is the best part of this-- can run square setups without being too aggressive up front or needing a spacer in the rear.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X