No announcement yet.

Does the CSL have this sound deadening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp I guess I can rip that out when I do a dash swap to take more weight off the front and for mad inductionz.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

If this makes my eventuri louder might not even need to bother with the CSL style airbox heh, I've gone back to stock cats (euro + stock backbox)

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

When it comes to the CSL the ETK is notoriously inaccurate. Even till this day we are finding stuff on the CSL that was not listed on the ETK.

Usually for a reply as rude as the one like yours I wouldn’t even bother to respond but I actually did take a few things apart on my car to confirm this as I do with basically all my posts.

his posts didn't seem particularly rude or even directed at you in this thread fwiw
        there is pretty rampant misinformation when it comes to exactly how the CSL is spec'd (see eternally long discussion on the CSL Spindles) and like you said, it doesn't help that sources from bmw are hardly accurate
        that being said it's monumentally helpful that you can provide anecdotal information on these topics

it should be worth noting to anyone that sound insulation does not discriminate and if you remove it, you're also inviting in all the other (not always desirable) noises that comes from your engine.

Comment

Finally have my interior pretty much back together so I took the car for a quick drive. The verdict is … yeah, it’s a little louder when on the gas. It’s not night and day but it’s noticeable. Sounds exactly the same as it did before at idle and cruising, no additional nasty noises whatsoever. Certainly no rattling from the dash or anywhere else, car is tight as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
            Finally have my interior pretty much back together so I took the car for a quick drive. The verdict is … yeah, it’s a little louder when on the gas. It’s not night and day but it’s noticeable. Sounds exactly the same as it did before at idle and cruising, no additional nasty noises whatsoever. Certainly no rattling from the dash or anywhere else, car is tight as ever.
            Worth the time and bloody hands?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Worth the time and bloody hands?
              Not worth it for anyone sane. However knowing that there was a consequence-free five pounds to rip out of the front end of the car was too much for me, so I had to do it. For the extra induction noise alone, no, not worth it, just crack a window 😂

These interiors are really quite easy to take apart and put back together at least on the E46. My E39 had way more clips and bolts to remove and replace when I replaced my upper dash and installed the Euro lower dash.

Comment

These interiors are really quite easy to take apart and put back together at least on the E46. My E39 had way more clips and bolts to remove and replace when I replaced my upper dash and installed the Euro lower dash.
                Agreed, love doing interior work because everything is so easy to take apart and put back together.

Will be swapping in an MK60 soon, so pedal area needs to get disassembled. Might rip this out as well while I'm (not really) in there lol.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Hell yeah brutha. Gonna make this happen on my car someday. So glad to hear this!
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

thats a big no for me. i personally enjoy having race car bits on my german luxury performance car. it's civil and luxurious with the windows up and anything below half throttle. Then it gets vocal and rowdy with the windows down and above half throttle. Fits my needs perfectly. Good on you OP for giving everyone the option and insight though.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
                      thats a big no for me. i personally enjoy having race car bits on my german luxury performance car. it's civil and luxurious with the windows up and anything below half throttle. Then it gets vocal and rowdy with the windows down and above half throttle. Fits my needs perfectly. Good on you OP for giving everyone the option and insight though.
                      100% agree. I love the jekyll/hyde nature of my car.

Plus I'm too old now to pull the dash for 1% more noise
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                      X