No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid for the chance to own a S54-Powered 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #34,466.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James31 View Post

Although I agree that this one won’t get to 90k I do believe many in the next few years will be close to or above that number. These cars if clean and in desirable combinations will fetch more and more money imo in years to come.
      agreed. also sub 20k mile have fetched big numbers regardless!
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
        Stop this bimmer fetish and check out the real deal: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...mini-comtesse/
        πŸ˜‚
        That seat is actually a lawn chair lol
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 39k-Mile 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #34,529.

39k silver gray with imola interior, sold for $33,777.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omment-4851809

39k silver gray with imola interior, sold for $33,777.
            Seems fair for these days with a desirable color combo. The peanut gallery has a lot of misguided technical discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post

Seems fair for these days with a desirable color combo. The peanut gallery has a lot of misguided technical discussion.
              That ragtop guy was starting to get to me. I tried to get him to look into it but can’t get everyone to change their minds I guess.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

$54,000 alpine white and cinnamon with 13k miles.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I was expecting it to go higher

Comment

I know it's not an E46, but to match my E46 S2, I've picked up an E39 S2 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m5-83/

I was pretty much tapped out monetarily so I'm glad the guy who I was int he bidding war with said the system glitched on him. Anyways, it's a great car! Very different than the M3, obviously. Much more of a cruiser. The engine is great, but I think I might still prefer the "screamer" character of the S54. But most importantly, the ride is a lot softer than my TC Kline coilover'd M3 and the car is a lot quieter so my gf likes it a lot more. The car is undeniably a looker though! I picked it up in Medford OR and took it on it's inaugural drive around Crater Lake, down Klamath Lake, and through Mt. Shasta (in the background) on it's way to the Bay Area. I think between my M3 and M5, I'm all set on cars for a good long while. (now i just need to sell my old DD, a 2014 STI hatch).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	48154
                    01 M5 Dinan S-2 ish
                    03 M3 Dinan S-2 ish

Comment

Originally posted by spnsprt View Post
                      I know it's not an E46, but to match my E46 S2, I've picked up an E39 S2 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m5-83/

I was pretty much tapped out monetarily so I'm glad the guy who I was int he bidding war with said the system glitched on him. Anyways, it's a great car! Very different than the M3, obviously. Much more of a cruiser. The engine is great, but I think I might still prefer the "screamer" character of the S54. But most importantly, the ride is a lot softer than my TC Kline coilover'd M3 and the car is a lot quieter so my gf likes it a lot more. The car is undeniably a looker though! I picked it up in Medford OR and took it on it's inaugural drive around Crater Lake, down Klamath Lake, and through Mt. Shasta (in the background) on it's way to the Bay Area. I think between my M3 and M5, I'm all set on cars for a good long while. (now i just need to sell my old DD, a 2014 STI hatch).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3414.jpg Views:	16 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	48154
                      Congratulations great cars!

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post

Congratulations great cars!
                        Thanks! I'll post a pic with them together at some point. The M5 is making me notice how worn out the roundels and emblem are on my M3. It's got a black M3 emblem from the previous owner so I plastidiped the Dinan badge to match my black kidneys and side vents. But I kind of want to go back to chrome now.

Name:	S0246860.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	48371
                        01 M5 Dinan S-2 ish
                        03 M3 Dinan S-2 ish

Comment

It's not BAT, but my auction is now live.

​​​​​​https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3pq...m3-coupe?c=all

Name:	FR Quarter.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	55300

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman View Post
                            It's not BAT, but my auction is now live.

​​​​​​https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3pq...m3-coupe?c=all

Name:	FR Quarter.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	55300
                            Best of luck. Any reason you chose CarsAndBids over BaT?

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Best of luck. Any reason you chose CarsAndBids over BaT?
                              Thank you. I am not sure why I chose Doug's site, I am blaming it on the subliminal messaging.

Comment

30K miles, slicktop, manual seats, looks clean!
                                EDIT: link...
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X