The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8000RPM View Post
    To call it an outlier is an understatement. I always think money laundering when I see things this wacky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5C86CFA0-BDB9-4BAC-BFB7-BCBC33736E49.jpeg
Views:	431
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	44907
    I wonder what the other mileages were. Even still, 2.5x the previous high is insane.
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

yeah i wouldnt get excited until payment was received.. anyone know if the winner actually paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

I wonder what the other mileages were. Even still, 2.5x the previous high is insane.
        To get to this point, you need more than one bidder, and I think that auction had at least 4 at some point. So unless they are all "working" together, I doubt this was a setup. You have to realize that for some people $250K is actually not that much money, paintings are being bought and sold for millions every day - why not a sculpture for your garage? (cause I really don't think this is gonna be driven). So yeah, I think its just a case where a guy really wanted a nice, low mile, iconic BMW car. I honestly don't remember seeing one with less miles on it. Might be THE lowest miles remaining E30M in existence.
        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

It's a low volume race homologation factory race car from basically the end of the Era when that was a thing.

Its going to get more and more expensive esp as prople hold on to them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

To get to this point, you need more than one bidder, and I think that auction had at least 4 at some point. So unless they are all "working" together, I doubt this was a setup. You have to realize that for some people $250K is actually not that much money, paintings are being bought and sold for millions every day - why not a sculpture for your garage? (cause I really don't think this is gonna be driven). So yeah, I think its just a case where a guy really wanted a nice, low mile, iconic BMW car. I honestly don't remember seeing one with less miles on it. Might be THE lowest miles remaining E30M in existence.
            Pretty sure high end art is bought and sold for money laundering masked on the pretense of abstract beauty. And where were these guys 10 years ago? Were they somehow poor and didn't like e30s then but suddenly in love with them and rich? BaT is a weird place, but hey, if one day one of them wants to offer 250k for my e46, i aint gonna be mad lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Pretty sure high end art is bought and sold for money laundering masked on the pretense of abstract beauty. And where were these guys 10 years ago? Were they somehow poor and didn't like e30s then but suddenly in love with them and rich? BaT is a weird place, but hey, if one day one of them wants to offer 250k for my e46, i aint gonna be mad lol.
              You clearly never had this kind of money (neither have I), or know anyone who does, to know what the mentality of a person with hundreds of millions of dollars is like. Due to the nature of my work, I have been in contact and worked for several of those individuals, so trust me - most of it is not money laundering. Most of it done on a whim, due to "I don't care how much it cost" attitude.
              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Its probably some combination of YOLO, FOMO and Im too old for this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

You clearly never had this kind of money (neither have I), or know anyone who does, to know what the mentality of a person with hundreds of millions of dollars is like. Due to the nature of my work, I have been in contact and worked for several of those individuals, so trust me - most of it is not money laundering. Most of it done on a whim, due to "I don't care how much it cost" attitude.
                  The more it costs the more bragging you get to do.

If your selling a luxury goods the higher the price the better it sells

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

There may be a new record brewing...

Bid for the chance to own a 13k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #34,717.

2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

but y u sunroof doe?
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I know the guy who won this today: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-3-0csi-5-2/. I'm hoping to see it in person when it gets here 😎
                        17 iO1 i3
                        16 F22 M235i
                        08 E93 M3
                        04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          but y u sunroof doe?
                          Cuz who cares about weight and headroom when its just a piece of art for the garage.
                          2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                            There may be a new record brewing...

Bid for the chance to own a 13k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #34,717.
                            sweet ride. alpine on cinnamon is a rare and beautiful combo. it will sell for big money but still missing ZCP,slick top and 2006 factor to set a "record".... I highly doubt any E46 will even come close to that 90 grand LSB for years to come...
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

sweet ride. alpine on cinnamon is a rare and beautiful combo. it will sell for big money but still missing ZCP,slick top and 2006 factor to set a "record".... I highly doubt any E46 will even come close to that 90 grand LSB for years to come...
                              Although I agree that this one won’t get to 90k I do believe many in the next few years will be close to or above that number. These cars if clean and in desirable combinations will fetch more and more money imo in years to come.

Comment

Stop this bimmer fetish and check out the real deal: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...mini-comtesse/
                                😂

Comment

Working...
                                X