No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean it's certainly a monster for the track so it seems - It reminds me of the M3 GTR but with an S54 version and street legal
    - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

The only time I’ve seen a grey interior make good sense… has me seriously thinking about 18” wheels… but of course not the 1/2 Dinan exhaust😒

maw

Comment

This ended a couple weeks ago but nice result for a modded TiAG car . https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-152/
        Surprised it went $10k more than ra2fanatics's car especially with some paint issues.​
        2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
        Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
        Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

That one was surprising
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Very surprising.

Quickly looking at description, mods and pics wouldn't guess it'd go for more than 40.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Meanwhile, this is just sitting and waiting
              Up for auction and sold by a private seller is this 2005 BMW M3 coupe that has been registered in Alberta since 2006 and shows only 31k kilometers (~19k miles) on the odometer. This Canadian-market M3 comes in a stunning Silver Gray Metallic finish with black Nappa leather upholstery. It is powered by a 3.2-liter inline-six engine that is paired with a six-speed SMG sequential transmission and a limited-slip differential. The car features 19″ M double-spoke wheels, a power sunroof, xenon headlights, rear Park Distance Control, fog lights, heated power-adjustable front sport seats, a Harman Kardon sound system, a BMW Business CD stereo, cruise control, and automatic climate control. The Included Carfax report, shows no history of any accidents or claims and a an active and (Normal) registration status in the province of Alberta. For US bidders, this M3 is importable after a compliance letter from BMW USA has been obtained. For more information on transport in Canada/USA and Import, please visit our Transport/Import page here.

Comment

Guys from other rooms track and report a lot of shill bidding on BaT. I'll try to grab a screen shot of the discussion. That TiAG over Black for $55k is suspicious as H. E. Double hockey sticks to me.

maw

EDIT... in this case "Brian" was the shill. No one thinks he will close on the car for that price (a JDM '94 400E AMG). The car will show up on BaT again showing a recent "sale" at $75k.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by maw1124; 06-01-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kwan_1104 View Post
                  Meanwhile, this is just sitting and waiting
                  https://formulaauctions.com/auction-...3-20f6628d9a94
                  Good lord, that thing is ridiculously nice. I just imported an '05 competition from Quebec to the US, and it was an INCREDIBLY EASY process. I got a letter of compliance from BMW NA within 24 hours of a 5 minute phone call, and I completed the rest of the paperwork at the border crossing. I paid $300 in import fees, and drove it to the nearest US BMW dealership, who agreed to hold it for a couple days until the transport truck picked it up. You do NOT have to change the speedo.

The trick to keeping it cheap and easy is to drive it across the border yourself. That way, it's viewed as a purchase for personal use, not a broker bringing it across the boarder as a commercial transaction. You pay a 2.5% duty, and go about your life with your new imported car.
                  Last edited by Andratch; 06-01-2023, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                    https://carsandbids.com/auctions/36W...ampaign=button

The only time I’ve seen a grey interior make good sense… has me seriously thinking about 18” wheels… but of course not the 1/2 Dinan exhaust😒

maw
                    You like those 18s because they are 19s.
                    2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
                      You like those 18s because they are 19s.
                      Fn Internet typos... thanks KDawg.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        The car will show up on BaT again showing a recent "sale" at $75k.

does BAT still keep a vehicle listed as "sold" even if the after-auction transaction doesn't take place?

it would seem like their metrics are totally worthless and essentially market manipulation if people are placing fake bids on their own cars and facing no consequences outside of BAT fees

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                          does BAT still keep a vehicle listed as "sold" even if the after-auction transaction doesn't take place?

it would seem like their metrics are totally worthless and essentially market manipulation if people are placing fake bids on their own cars and facing no consequences outside of BAT fees
                          Good question. I don't know -- don't track it that closely. And I'm not thinking it will show up on BaT again necessarily but it will show up somewhere. Someone will claim that's a $75k car notwithstanding the shaky bid history this go round. To my knowledge BaT doesn't track what happens after the bidding closes. It doesn't make their metrics worthless IMO but they're not perfect either.

maw

Comment

Just so everyone can have a good giggle: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rjJ...m3-convertible

Highlights:

2005 date code on the tires

Cracks on the hood and rear wing

Cracked panel between the NOS bottles

Dry-rotted subwoofer cones

Several warning lights are illuminated in the instrument cluster.

The selling dealer states that this M3 needs to be hooked up to a trickle charger when parked.

The selling dealer adds that the electrical, sound, and nitrous systems "need to be evaluated."

Reminds me of ol' Jared's work. Is Cars and Bids in so much trouble that Doug had to list this gigantic blue turd (that someone dumped a ton of money into)?
                            Last edited by oceansize; 06-14-2023, 04:29 PM.
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              Just so everyone can have a good giggle: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rjJ...m3-convertible

Highlights:

2005 date code on the tires

Cracks on the hood and rear wing

Cracked panel between the NOS bottles

Dry-rotted subwoofer cones

Several warning lights are illuminated in the instrument cluster.

The selling dealer states that this M3 needs to be hooked up to a trickle charger when parked.

The selling dealer adds that the electrical, sound, and nitrous systems "need to be evaluated."

Reminds me of ol' Jared's work. Is Cars and Bids in so much trouble that Doug had to list this gigantic blue turd (that someone dumped a ton of money into)?
                              Oh my god, that's the most fast and furious thing I've seen in a while.

Honestly kinda impressed by the amount of work that went into creating all those custom interior panels.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I would pay 10k for it, seems like a good donor to get the drivetrain from.

LOL at nitrous never been used!
                                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                                X