The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    Why did that car go for the same price as this ZCP with half the miles?

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #112,447.
    Big money CSL mods on the white car is my guess. For some odd reason "the market" doesn't seem to value factory originality on these. Again my guess. Others please weigh in.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Big money CSL mods on the white car is my guess. For some odd reason "the market" doesn't seem to value factory originality on these. Again my guess. Others please weigh in.

maw
      That is what I'm getting at--so you do the big 3, rest is whatever--what's that worth? My car, I try to keep original. At this point, I'm doing all this for my enjoyment; market be damned.

Comment

I frankly don't understand the market for these cars.

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #112,447.
        It’s a weird market but that ZCP was a manual swap, black, with not desirable aftermarket rims. Didn’t see a ton of maintenance history and big 3 not fully addressed.

The other car went for same price because it was alpine white and had all the right quality mods. Feels like the buyer really maintained the car so the buyer is buying the seller as much as much as he is buying the car itself. I’m a bit surprised it sold for that high too but if you read the comments, one guy supposedly was gonna go to $40K on this because he was looking for something just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I've been telling anyone who will listen that E46M Verts are some of the best car deals rolling right now. Pretty soon you'll be able to buy another car for the money you'll spend on the Big 3.

EDIT... I'd never heard of the Big 3 when I bought my car but the first things I did hear were (1) do NOT follow the factory service intervals, and (2) the car is allergic to aftermarket parts. I took those to heart. My flame suit stays on.
          I think freshprince2421 got a clean LSB vert for like 10k a few months ago lol.

Allergic to aftermarket parts? Now that is very interesting and would love to hear some arguments from that perspective.

Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by simon_c View Post

It’s a weird market but that ZCP was a manual swap, black, with not desirable aftermarket rims. Didn’t see a ton of maintenance history and big 3 not fully addressed.

The other car went for same price because it was alpine white and had all the right quality mods. Feels like the buyer really maintained the car so the buyer is buying the seller as much as much as he is buying the car itself. I’m a bit surprised it sold for that high too but if you read the comments, one guy supposedly was gonna go to $40K on this because he was looking for something just like that.
            You’re right. All it takes is one serious bidder. Like people, there’s someone for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I think freshprince2421 got a clean LSB vert for like 10k a few months ago lol.
              I wanted a vert, and was happy when I found in my research that they were less desirable and as a result cheaper. But, the same rules apply - nothing more expensive than a cheap vert. I got a 68k 1 owner Florida car in January for about 21k, and probably already have another 20k into it. Did I need to do all those things to it - absolutely not. But with all the parts and work I've done - it basically looks and feels like it rolled off the showroom floor.

I haven't done any of the big 3 yet, hah. So a fictional BaT auction for my car would probably go 17k RNM

Comment

I frankly don't understand the market for these cars.

It didn't…That AW didn't sell, go check the comment section, the seller just propositioned another interested party in the comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

It didn't…That AW didn't sell, go check the comment section, the seller just propositioned another interested party in the comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                  And what is weird is that the auction winner, who I guess bowed out, has purchased three other cars from BAT, wonder if something is up with the e46.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

And what is weird is that the auction winner, who I guess bowed out, has purchased three other cars from BAT, wonder if something is up with the e46.
                    Apparently the car sold

Comment

Nice car... reminds me of mine when I bought, but I insisted on '05/'06 for LED tails. For the money this is likely to trade for, I don't see how it can disappoint.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9nG...m3-convertible

maw

Comment

Another nice one...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...nvertible-130/

maw

EDIT… down almost 20% in 18 months
                        Last edited by maw1124; 09-09-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

This might be interesting...

Bid for the chance to own a 42k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #120,599.

maw

Comment

WTH???

When it comes to modifying cars, it is easy for people to go overboard. Most of the time, some light modifications can do a ton to enhance the look or...

maw

Comment

This is just outrageous: https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...bmw-m3-c-1655/

Comment

Everyone loves Estoril but yeah that is an insane amount of money. I have complexly lost interest in the E46 chassis over the past year or so.
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X