No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks oceansize for that amazing spreadsheet.
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 17k-Mile 2012 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #73,631.

You guys following the E92 auctions? I get more excited watching those than the beat up E46 M3 ones.

Ten years ago I used to think E9X styling was totally boring compared to E46. Nowadays I love the way they look, just as much as the E46. Long, beautiful, rigid chassis and roars like a hungry tiger that will eat you alive.

what a beautiful car, unlike the junk new 2 series and M3/M4

Click image for larger version  Name:	2012_bmw_m3-coupe_img_005-1-83507.jpg?fit=940%2C626.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	168284
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Maxima SE; 05-17-2022, 06:20 PM.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I like them but I like a GT350 or Mach 1 better for that kind of money. Much better sound and power delivery. E9x bores me but with appropriate mods it can be fun.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I love the sedans, with "appropriate mods" as stated. I've come to realize I'm just not a coupe guy. There are exceptions but not a 3-series. Anything this small needs to have no roof. I think M3 sedans make a very unique and favorable proposition.

maw
          Last edited by maw1124; 05-17-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
            I like them but I like a GT350 or Mach 1 better for that kind of money. Much better sound and power delivery. E9x bores me but with appropriate mods it can be fun.
            GT350 is pretty amazing. E9x looks and feels like a daily driver, it is not bad, just doesn’t feel special; that said F80 is a better daily driver in every way. E39 m5 is the ultimate e90 m3.
            Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-18-2022, 02:01 AM.
            Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

These last 3 comments hit the nail on the head for me when it comes to the E9X. I agree with oceansize in that the car bores me, but proper mods livens it up. I agree with maw in that I much prefer the sedan over the coupe. And I agree with 02_lsb on the daily driver comments and the lack of feeling special. I'm lucky enough to have snagged the ONLY E9X I wanted as an '11 Sedan ZCP, Individual, 6MT, Slicktop, and a host of Dinan goodies. Checks every single box (except single hump).

But at the end of the day it's still the E46 that makes me smile ear to ear on all aspects (with the exception of the raspy exhaust).
              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth​​
              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

People still arguing in this thread? Lulz.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Isn’t that, just like saying — is this still internet?

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...z4-m-coupe-98/

Such a lovely combo ! Texas where are you bro?
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #74,298.

"All of the factory recalls and upgrades have been done by the dealer including the rod bearings and air bags. I just had the car serviced, the VANOS checks perfect, and the rear subframe shows no (or very minimal) signs of cracks."

How that reads to me: the rod bearings have been done once, VANOS hasn't been done, and the subframe is probably cracked(??) Am I missing something? Why would this be a $29k car considering the 177k mileage and grey interior?
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Not with the accident cars already.

Your read is my read. I’ve been seeing more RNM on my watchlist lately.

How that reads to me: Sellers trying to cash in on the hype with questionable cars and claims are starting to meet Buyers who are more skeptical of the hype.

maw

Comment

Imagine buying a car with gray interior.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2022-05-19

"All of the factory recalls and upgrades have been done by the dealer including the rod bearings and air bags. I just had the car serviced, the VANOS checks perfect, and the rear subframe shows no (or very minimal) signs of cracks."

How that reads to me: the rod bearings have been done once, VANOS hasn't been done, and the subframe is probably cracked(??) Am I missing something? Why would this be a $29k car considering the 177k mileage and grey interior?
                            I mean… it’s a $3,200 car now I agree with you though, seller isn’t doing himself any favors with that description.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              Imagine buying a car with gray interior.
                              Grey e46 interiors look like CGI models that haven't had textures applied yet
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2022-05-19

he’s full of doodoo. Nobody in their right mind would take a 10 grand M3 to the dealer and pay 10 grand for rod bearing service. Especially since he is in SoCal and there are many cheaper and more trustworthy options locally. At 170k, there is zero chance the RACP is intact. It’s a joke to me that bat even allows such high mileage cars. But they’re all about $$$
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X