• Show
Clear All

Lol
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
      I love Imola paint and I also like Cinnamon leather but on the same car? Barf... 🤮

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-144/
      What you don't mix cinnamon and paprika together in recipes?

Comment

Agreed. Wonder what those individuals were thinking when they specced the cars that way? I feel like BMW shouldn't have even allowed it. I know it sounds very communist of me but damn... some of those combos are truly horrible.
        Interestingly it was initially delivered to BMW Performance Center in Greer. Does this mean someone spec'd this this way and took delivery there? Though the colors are standard, you don't see many in this combo.

Comment

I love Imola paint and I also like Cinnamon leather but on the same car? Barf... 🤮
          Isn't this BMW's version of the famous Ferrari combo? No louder than Imola/Imola in my book, which I've seen up close and it works somehow.
          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by JokerElite View Post

Interestingly it was initially delivered to BMW Performance Center in Greer. Does this mean someone spec'd this this way and took delivery there? Though the colors are standard, you don't see many in this combo.
            It would appear so.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	185
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	275908

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

It would appear so.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	185
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	275908
              I need to pull repair history for my more recently acquired M3 since it was largely serviced by BMW through 50K miles, but no paperwork came along with the vehicle. Hopefully BMW of Sherman Oaks plays nice when I go visit them this week!

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

I need to pull repair history for my more recently acquired M3 since it was largely serviced by BMW through 50K miles, but no paperwork came along with the vehicle. Hopefully BMW of Sherman Oaks plays nice when I go visit them this week!
                If you bring your ownership and DL, they are supposed to provide you with full history without issue...

Comment

If you bring your ownership and DL, they are supposed to provide you with full history without issue...
                  That's what I thought - I called the service department the other day and they told me they couldn't give me any information unless I was bringing it in for an inspection (which I assume would need to be paid)... I said I'd just stop by and ask in person, then hung up.

Comment

Interesting....
                    Bid for the chance to own a S54-Powered 2001 BMW 325Xi Sport Wagon 6-Speed RWD at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #159,310.
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Truly an awful build, I've heard this thing on Instagram and it sounds worse than a stock E46 M3. The owner is honestly a big poser. Lang Racing did some of the work on it and it's got a Kassel tune so of course it's not really well sorted.

If this thing goes above $40k it shows what a joke Bringatrailer has become. This thing in no way shape or form is more sorted or worthy than a well-built $40k E46 M3 coupe, and in many ways probably inferior in build quality.

I feel bad for the unwitting purchaser of this mickey mouse built wagon. 😅
                      i am curious what makes this a truly awful build. I get body panels being a bit off in a custom build. I certainly don’t understand why it wasn’t cleaned up. The scratched trim pieces seems odd when you put this much effort into it. I know nothing of Lang Racing or Kassel other than I hear their names all the time from a tuning standpoint.

What are your major red flags here?
                      1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth​​
                      2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                      2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                      2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

I don’t get the hate and why bringatrailor is a joke. It’s a great platform that brings more eyeballs to a wider audience that allows vehicles and/or car related items to be sold to interested buyers. It’s up to the buyer to do their due diligence and decide if something is worth buying.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and truly subjective. If you like it and have money, buy it. If not, let people do their thing with their money.
                        06 IB M3 ZCP
                        07 Porsche 4.1 Sharky GT3

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

i am curious what makes this a truly awful build. I get body panels being a bit off in a custom build. I certainly don’t understand why it wasn’t cleaned up. The scratched trim pieces seems odd when you put this much effort into it. I know nothing of Lang Racing or Kassel other than I hear their names all the time from a tuning standpoint.

What are your major red flags here?
                          Lang Racing is hackjob shit. Kassel doesn't do great tunes. This guy posted the car up with a grimy underbody, Alibaba trash wheel, awful wheels, after ripping a funky wrap and cornball lights off of it... it's a mish-mash of parts, body work, and questionable build choices with a ton of shilling and nobody questioning it.

Some douche decides to dump his project and it's supposed to be worthy of praise just because it's a wagon? Naw. There are wonderful, well-sorted, passionately loved coupes being sold that shit on this Instagram poser wagon. This is a bottom barrel conversion that should be criticized and held in contempt vs a truly well done wagon conversion.

"Omg ITS A WAGON" is not a qualifier on its own.
                          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 08-19-2024, 11:18 PM.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

That's what I thought - I called the service department the other day and they told me they couldn't give me any information unless I was bringing it in for an inspection (which I assume would need to be paid)... I said I'd just stop by and ask in person, then hung up.
                            I literally just walked in my local dealer and gave them the VIN number and that was that haha

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Lang Racing is hackjob shit. Kassel doesn't do great tunes. This guy posted the car up with a grimy underbody, Alibaba trash wheel, awful wheels, after ripping a funky wrap and cornball lights off of it... it's a mish-mash of parts, body work, and questionable build choices with a ton of shilling and nobody questioning it.

Some douche decides to dump his project and it's supposed to be worthy of praise just because it's a wagon? Naw. There are wonderful, well-sorted, passionately loved coupes being sold that shit on this Instagram poser wagon. This is a bottom barrel conversion that should be criticized and held in contempt vs a truly well done wagon conversion.

"Omg ITS A WAGON" is not a qualifier on its own.
                              I 100% agree with the underbody, steering wheel, the fact it wasn't properly cleaned up. Wheels don't bother me much, but do agree ZCP's would be much better. The wrap that was on before and the lights, agreed, wasn't a fan. Felt like a sponsor show car. But all of those things can be taken care of quite easily. I'm more concerned about the execution of it all from an engine, transmission, wiring, etc. standpoint. From my perspective, it seemed like this was taken a step further than the other conversions I've seen. I can't speak to Lang Racing though. If they are known for hack jobs, I feel like maybe there would be more people chiming in on that in the BaT listing.

Do you have any links to other builds by chance? I want to understand from a comparison standpoint where this BaT one cut corners. I know there's some guy on IG in Europe who has been converting wagons and it sounds like he does a lot of the work himself. For me, I have a ton of interest in a swapped/converted wagon, but I don't have the time to take on the project, don't really want to pay for a build from the ground up, and would rather just have a turn-key example (for the most part) that can be enjoyed immediately.

I believe this BaT car was listed on consignment a year or so ago for $110K or something wild. Wasn't up long so not sure what the deal was there. Will be interesting to watch for sure.
                              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth​​
                              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

DM me your VIN and I can pull it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X