The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Post your IG up bro ๐Ÿ˜… I didn't know you were in the business of wagon conversions.
    I thought you knew me ๐Ÿ˜ข

15K Followers, 1,663 Following, 2,249 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Shawn Robertson (@shawnrphotography)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240820_215443755.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	276102

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_20240818133239_0081_D_exported_119285.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	276103

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

I thought you knew me ๐Ÿ˜ข

15K Followers, 1,663 Following, 2,249 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Shawn Robertson (@shawnrphotography)

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240820_215443755.jpg Views:	3 Size:	149.2 KB ID:	276102

Click image for larger version  Name:	DJI_20240818133239_0081_D_exported_119285.jpg Views:	3 Size:	166.9 KB ID:	276103
      Just a tactic to get you to post it and advertise your services in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜‡ I thought that wagon was for personal use though so I am a bit surprised.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by puma1824 View Post

Now that the BaT auction has ended, here is my build as a comparison. My conversion was done by the guy in Europe I believe you are referencing. His name is Attila owner/operator of M3Projekts out of Hungary. Note I have not kept up with as many post updates as I would like. I have over 2000 pictures w/videos as well from the builder during the entire build. I did post many more pics, but not all 2000 pics, in my dedicated IG profile for this car.

Yet another e46 M3 Touring conversion but with a slight twist which I believe is a little unique in the approach. I decided to transport two cars, a 2003 BMW e46 325iT Touring and a 2003 BMW e46 M3 Convertible from the USA to Europe to get an e46 M3 Touring conversion done. The goal, like many others before this one, build an

https://www.instagram.com/e46m3teurotrip/
        Yours is an excellent example, Attila does great work for sure. He had good ethics

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Just a tactic to get you to post it and advertise your services in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜‡ I thought that wagon was for personal use though so I am a bit surprised.
          Lol Yes it's all personal, I don't build for business.

Comment

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1998 BMW M3 Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #159,946.

I canโ€™t believe this bid up this high AND didnโ€™t hit reserve. Total loss vehicle with horrendous panel gaps and a sketchy seller that put lipstick on a pig; silver spray paint overspray everywhere and undercoating overspray on the side skirts that are probably an attempt to cover up jack point rust.

Comment

"TheBlueAngel" has to be a shill bidder, registered in 04/24 and only bid on two cars, both owned by the seller of the Estoril M3. In the M3 ad, he makes a raving comment on the car, bumps the bid to $17000 and then never bids again and the auction ends are $17250, crazy. Seems to me if you were trying to actually win the car you wouldn't praise it with all the negative comments going.
                '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-m3-coupe-17/?

I canโ€™t believe this bid up this high AND didnโ€™t hit reserve. Total loss vehicle with horrendous panel gaps and a sketchy seller that put lipstick on a pig; silver spray paint overspray everywhere and undercoating overspray on the side skirts that are probably an attempt to cover up jack point rust.
                  Tons of problems with that car. The only thing it has going for it is that it doesnโ€™t have grey interior like most Estoril cars lol.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

I 100% agree with the underbody, steering wheel, the fact it wasn't properly cleaned up. Wheels don't bother me much, but do agree ZCP's would be much better. The wrap that was on before and the lights, agreed, wasn't a fan. Felt like a sponsor show car. But all of those things can be taken care of quite easily. I'm more concerned about the execution of it all from an engine, transmission, wiring, etc. standpoint. From my perspective, it seemed like this was taken a step further than the other conversions I've seen. I can't speak to Lang Racing though. If they are known for hack jobs, I feel like maybe there would be more people chiming in on that in the BaT listing.

Do you have any links to other builds by chance? I want to understand from a comparison standpoint where this BaT one cut corners. I know there's some guy on IG in Europe who has been converting wagons and it sounds like he does a lot of the work himself. For me, I have a ton of interest in a swapped/converted wagon, but I don't have the time to take on the project, don't really want to pay for a build from the ground up, and would rather just have a turn-key example (for the most part) that can be enjoyed immediately.

I believe this BaT car was listed on consignment a year or so ago for $110K or something wild. Wasn't up long so not sure what the deal was there. Will be interesting to watch for sure.
                    I can personally attest that Lang Racing botched up my S54 engine. After 1k miles on a full rebuild, I have visible vertical engine scores, and crosshatching is no longer visible on a bore scope. Never take any work to Lang Racing.

Comment

Geeez... I look at those dates and conclude "the used 'collector' car market moves inverse to crypto"... which is not the way people like to think about this stuff but has seemed somewhat clear to me for some time... people will want to argue the point but I won't.

maw

Comment

Imola on Imola ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

Bid for the chance to own a 23k-Mile 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #164,224.
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          Imola on Imola ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-coupe-73/
                          MK20... hard pass

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

MK20... hard pass
                            Yea, tbhโ€ฆ I wish I had known more about that whole rabbit hole when I was buying my car. Although I think honestly if youโ€™re driving around town and doing canyon runs, probably doesnโ€™t matter that much.
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I've seen Imola/Imola up close and somehow it works. I'd buy with confidence from 1600veloce, can't say that about many BaT sellers.
                              Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
                              X