Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

I just picked these up. Great find. Thanks for sharing!
    Good find. This job can be a pain in the ass, especially dealing with eliminating kinks of the new weatherstrip. Please keep us posted with your experience of this alternative.

Comment

I received the pair of seals mentioned above ~ 2 weeks after ordering Will They appear to be every bit OE quality to my eye. Nice grade rubber and finish. I like the quality 3M tape that came attached to the pieces as well. The rubber seal as a whole is a little thicker than I expected, especially toward the H-kink. But I'm told by others that it should fit behind the molding just fine. Attached are a few pictures.

I find it interesting that there's no tape along the bottom end of the seal. Maybe it's held in place by the trim once all the screws are in or something? I'll reference Cubieman post above. These seals have a significant taper from the C pillar to the B pillar. So maybe there is hope for a perfect fitment.

I'll probably do this job within the next month. I'll be happy to report more at that time. Cheers!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1068.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	220841 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1062.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	220842 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1069.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.9 KB ID:	220843 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1071.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	220844

Comment

I received the pair of seals mentioned above ~ 2 weeks after ordering Will They appear to be every bit OE quality to my eye. Nice grade rubber and finish. I like the quality 3M tape that came attached to the pieces as well. The rubber seal as a whole is a little thicker than I expected, especially toward the H-kink. But I'm told by others that it should fit behind the molding just fine. Attached are a few pictures.

I find it interesting that there's no tape along the bottom end of the seal. Maybe it's held in place by the trim once all the screws are in or something? I'll reference Cubieman post above. These seals have a significant taper from the C pillar to the B pillar. So maybe there is hope for a perfect fitment.

I'll probably do this job within the next month. I'll be happy to report more at that time. Cheers!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1068.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	220841 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1062.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	220842 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1069.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.9 KB ID:	220843 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1071.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	220844

what a great find. hope the fitment is great. for $200 its a bargain IMO

2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I received the pair of seals mentioned above ~ 2 weeks after ordering Will They appear to be every bit OE quality to my eye. Nice grade rubber and finish. I like the quality 3M tape that came attached to the pieces as well. The rubber seal as a whole is a little thicker than I expected, especially toward the H-kink.
          Looking forward to see the results with these two seals. If these fit good I will go this route as well. Keep us updated. Thanks…

Here is another link for these from the same seller all in English and Dollars.
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/22560662280...mis&media=COPY

Group Buy anyone?? 🤔

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3932.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	220925
          Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 06-07-2023, 10:19 AM.
          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
          Evolve Eventuri
          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Looks like the ebay add suggests that the part is genuine BMW - anyone find a part #? Surprised no one ever foudn this part if it is, indeed, bmw.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Anyone in the SF bay area interested in the discounted 4 quantity price of $139.30 + tax?

Get the best deals for 225606622802 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Looks like the ebay add suggests that the part is genuine BMW - anyone find a part #? Surprised no one ever foudn this part if it is, indeed, bmw.
                If that is the case then we have all been played. Maybe it is just a aftermarket copy of it ? Or maybe they found the supplier and purchased them separate ?

the $140 per set discounted rate is a deal. I’m thinking to redo mine with this
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                  Anyone in the SF bay area interested in the discounted 4 quantity price of $139.30 + tax?

Get the best deals for 225606622802 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
                  I've bought the generic stuff, I actually purchased a few different styles to see which would fit best but haven't done the DIY just yet.

I'm more interested in getting a set of these that are already contoured, I'm in the East Bay and I'd definitely be down to join in with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

If that is the case then we have all been played. Maybe it is just a aftermarket copy of it ? Or maybe they found the supplier and purchased them separate ?

the $140 per set discounted rate is a deal. I’m thinking to redo mine with this
                    We could probably get a few locals together or even just us 2 and get the discount.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

In for two sets, if any Texas peeps wanna join in.
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I'd be in for a discounted set

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I've bought the generic stuff, I actually purchased a few different styles to see which would fit best but haven't done the DIY just yet.

I'm more interested in getting a set of these that are already contoured, I'm in the East Bay and I'd definitely be down to join in with you.
                          I'd grab a set with you guys
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

We could probably get a few locals together or even just us 2 and get the discount.
                            Yeah for sure. I am going to wait to see pics of them installed and reviewed. If they are promising then I definitely want to pick up a pair as a spare. Never know how long stuff like this is available for. At $140 a pair they arent that much more expensive than the 3M solution with all the tubing etc.
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                              In for two sets, if any Texas peeps wanna join in.
                              I'm in Houston, but I'd be in.

Comment

Where did these Texas cats come from? Lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X