No announcement yet.

Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed him again and he expects to ship more on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Got mines today too. Probably going to be laying around until fall.

Comment

mine is being delivered today. Ill lay them out in the sun and hopefully the wrinkling will go away.
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          mine is being delivered today. Ill lay them out in the sun and hopefully the wrinkling will go away.
          Most of the wrinkling goes away when it is laid out. I doubt it'll be an issue when installed.

Comment

Mine were in the car for two days with 120f temps lol. No wrinkling

Comment

Okay good.

couldn't contain the excitement when I opened the package lol. So good to have an OEM replacement after all these years.
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I took a quick look at the top of the seal where the rear vent window meets the front door. The internal shape of the molding looks identical.

Comment

Okay good.

couldn't contain the excitement when I opened the package lol. So good to have an OEM replacement after all these years.
                  Same . Mine don't even look that "bacon'd"
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The install isn't horrible. The worst part is probably the small bracket that retains the seal at the rear of the trim piece. You need to remove a rivet that holds the bracket in place. I tried silicone lube and sliding the seal in without removing the bracket but after 15 minutes of fiddling with it I decided to just remove the rivet, install the seal and then rivet the bracket back into place.
                    Overall the seals feel like OEM quality and the wavy rubber does not show once reinstalled. I do have a bit of gap between the seal and trim but that could be due to my lack of skill or the fact my trim pieces are 20 years old and slightly warped.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This year is just full of surprises, this was the last part I expected to ever exist.

Is the cheaper price via email USA only? I'm in Australia, happy to buy through ebay at the higher price as it's still thousands less but worth asking first.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
                        This year is just full of surprises, this was the last part I expected to ever exist.

Is the cheaper price via email USA only? I'm in Australia, happy to buy through ebay at the higher price as it's still thousands less but worth asking first.
                        Seller is in Lithuania. Pretty sure he will ship to you at the GB price.

Comment

You should ask the seller. The quote was for shipping to USA. Should be about the same
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Shipping was little extra but still cheaper than ebay, placing order now thanks!

Comment

How much was the total delivered to Australia? I’m thinking of getting a set too

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                                Mayan-Viking calling this to your attention...
                                Yeah. I'm out of the window now...

Comment

Working...
                                X