This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stashy Stash,

To Stash HP on top using 93 Octane fuel is not Magic. Its been proven on the same dyno-jet S54 using
    91 California lovely summer blend makes 330-339rwhp and ones you drain the 91 fuel and put
    on Pump-100 octane the gains are not Magic, barley 7-9rwhp, so on 93 the gains to be had are micro.

Using VP-M5-fuel yeeeees will Stash as many HP as you want... :-) but its cheating fuel.

The curve shows it all.

Just thinking of your set up we know were the truth is...papappaaa paappa pap apppa... LOL 😂

At the track when people are around my car they always tell me that my S38 has a massive misfire
    I always tell them I have a bad coil or a wire 😅 Much the same with your S54, Stash your S54 has miss-fire..
    do you have bad coil or a wire ?

Regards,
    Anri.
    Last edited by Anri; 08-01-2020, 06:38 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
      In the meantime, maybe he can go back & recheck cam timing to make sure there’s no issues there.
      Originally posted by Anri View Post
      Stashy Stash,
      The curve shows everything and how the engine cam timing is set. Not feeling the love..
      The head and cams were installed by Land Racing and the engine pulls strong. I have little doubt the timing was not set correctly. What info on the dyno chart would indicate that the timing is off? Is the timing on 288/280 cams the same as stock cams? I have the timing bridge, just wondering how I can verify. Thanks for the input
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Stashy Stash,

To Stash HP on top using 93 Octane fuel is not Magic. Its been proven on the same dyno-jet S54 using
        91 California lovely summer blend makes 330-339rwhp and ones you drain the 91 fuel and put
        on Pump-100 octane the gains are not Magic, barley 7-9rwhp, so on 93 the gains to be had are micro.

Using VP-M5-fuel yeeeees will Stash as many HP as you want... :-) but its cheating fuel.

The curve shows everything and how the engine cam timing is set. Not feeling the love..

Just thinking of your set up we know were the truth is...papappaaa paappa pap apppa... LOL 😂

At the track when people are around my car they always tell me that my S38 has a massive misfire
        I always tell them I have a bad coil or a wire 😅 Much the same with your S54, Stash your S54 has miss-fire..
        do you have bad coil or a wire ?

Regards,
        Anri.
        Dude, I like you, but WTAF are you talking about!? Are you drunk typing again? Maybe YOU ARE breathing in too many VP vapors? I have misfires? We’re talking about ‘duracellttu’s car—right? So confused right now.

Anyway, the reason I suggested that he might be having a timing issue...is that power seems to peak around 7,500, which seems on the low side for cams/port work.

EDIT: ...and only my sexy time friends get to call me “stashy stash” btw.
        Last edited by stash1; 07-28-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Dude, I like you, but WTAF are you talking about!? Are you drunk typing again? Maybe YOU ARE breathing in too many VP vapors? I have misfires? We’re talking about ‘duracellttu’s car—right? So confused right now.

Anyway, the reason I suggested that he might be having a timing issue...is that power seems to peak around 7,500, which seems on the low side for cams/port work.

EDIT: ...and only my sexy time friends get to call me “stashy stash” btw.
          Stan,

If may I withdraw my friendly humor I guess you did not accept it. It wasn't in a negative
          way at all. I do apologize. 🙏

You mentioned drunk on vapors ? Yes I am drunk most of the time and thank you for
          noticing that one. I was giving some hints but they were not understood ehh.

Regards,
          Anri
          Last edited by Anri; 07-28-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
            and the engine pulls strong.
            Hi,

As long as you are happy how the engine pulls is all it matters !!!

Regards,
            Anri

Comment

Stan,

If may I withdraw my friendly humor I guess you did not accept it. It wasn't in a negative
              way at all. I do apologize. 🙏

You mentioned drunk on vapors ? Yes I am drunk most of the time and thank you for
              noticing that one. I was giving some hints but they were not understood ehh.

Regards,
              Anri
              Lol, you’re fine dude, I’m not mad...just didn’t understand your response. Think you misunderstood my attempt at a humorous retort as well. Plz explain exactly what you’re hinting at...inquiring minds want to know!

PM sent!
              Last edited by stash1; 07-28-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Spent some time messing around on the dyno last weekend. I've been looking to switch oil since Liquimoly 10w60 hasn't been handling high oil temps well (and has a poor HTHS rating). I'm giving Motul 300v 15w50 a try, but figured why not change the oil on the dyno and see what happens? Motul claims a 7HP gain over their competitors using 300v on a Porsche Cup engine.

These runs were on a Dynapack hub dyno. These are amazing for tuning as there's almost no inertia so they show much more more detail in the torque/HP curves and eliminate variables like rolling friction or wheel/tire inertia. I know this particular Dynapack well as I've been tuning on it for about 10 years now, it reads close to Dynojet numbers, usually a few % lower depending on which Dynojet. Hoping to get on the local EAS Dynojet since that's where all the SoCal people seem to dyno. Theirs reads a bit high but at least it will be useful to compare to other cars.

Car really needs long tube headers and better cats, hoping I can pick up some decent power and smooth the torque curve a bit with some exhaust setup improvements in the future.

Now, of course this engine oil dyno test is not a completely fair comparison, but I did my best to control what variables I could as far as engine and dyno room temps (essentially identical between runs). However, the LM oil had about 1500 miles on it, and the Motul oil was brand new. They are also different rated viscosities. Interestingly, though, after almost any use, the LM shears down to the same viscosity as what Motul claim their 300v 15w50 is when new. It will be interesting to compare both used oil analyses once I put some time on this stuff. Anyway, for the results, 4.5HP and 2 ft-lb, nothing to write home about but still interesting.

More runs/info and dyno run video below. Ended up at 357whp on E67. One day I'd really like to see 375whp! I think it will be just barely possible with the right exhaust setup.

JE 11.5 pistons/Carillo rods
                Streamline CSL airbox
                Dbilas 288/280 cams, 12.75mm lift, factory rockers
                stock head
                Euro headers
                custom sec 1 w/ Magnaflow HFC 200cell
                SS 2.5" sec 2
                SS Race muffler
                AEM Infinity standalone ECU (tuned by me)
                Turner underdrive water pump/PS pulleys
                clutch fan delete
                VAC oil pump

Liquimoly 10w60 vs Motul 300v competition 15w50:

91 octane vs E67 (67% Ethanol). Was hoping to get full E85 but didn't drain the tank enough and the local pump seems to be about E75 lately anyway for whatever reason. Gains are about what I'd expect, should be 15-17whp gain if I had full E85.

After some further tuning from E67 I got a few more HP and a bit more smoothing.

​​​​​​​

Comment

2005 M3 88k miles on 91 octane

CPI Headers
                  Status Gruppe Catted section 1
                  Corsa section 2 and 3
                  Eventuri Intake
                  Macht Schnell Intake Elbow
                  Turner Pullies
                  Electric Fan

Ended up making 336whp and 261wtq. First run was stock tune. Tempted to go with the Karbonius airbox now.

Tuned by Hassan HTE Performance

Last edited by Gooz; 08-03-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

^^^Real solid numbers for 91 octane! Was this on EAS’s dyno by any chance?

Comment

^^^Real solid numbers for 91 octane! Was this on EAS’s dyno by any chance?
                      Yes this was at EAS

Comment

Rebuilt S54 with the usual fixes in an e36 M3
                        Karbonius Airbox
                        Full Supersprint exhaust with ceramic coated stepped headers (no cats, resonators in mid pipes, race muffler)
                        Stock ECU with GreshM patch harness and HTE Performance Alpha N tune.
                        Bimmerworld twin fuel pump kit and rebuilt stock injectors
                        Australian 98ron fuel

Car made 295whp on a dyno where standard e46 M3s make around 250whp.
                        Green run is with a canned Alpha N tune, Red is HTE dyno tune.

Comment

^^^Nice results, looks like some solid gains down low and up top.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugs View Post
                            Rebuilt S54 with the usual fixes in an e36 M3
                            Karbonius Airbox
                            Full Supersprint exhaust with ceramic coated stepped headers (no cats, resonators in mid pipes, race muffler)
                            Stock ECU with GreshM patch harness and HTE Performance Alpha N tune.
                            Bimmerworld twin fuel pump kit and rebuilt stock injectors
                            Australian 98ron fuel

Car made 295whp on a dyno where standard e46 M3s make around 250whp.
                            Green run is with a canned Alpha N tune, Red is HTE dyno tune.

What dyno is it that reads whp so much lower than others?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Dynotech which is Dyno Dynamics budget range I think.

Comment

Cool Experiment BBR, you ever think of trying 5w50?

Comment

Working...
                                X