Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Nice Anri, looking forward to some more updates/details!

Comment

Anyone own a Dragy? They seem pretty cheap and accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        Anyone own a Dragy? They seem pretty cheap and accurate.
        I have one, just haven't used it on the M3 yet, but it was within a 1/10th and less than 1 mph (1/4mi) on another one of my vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
          Finally got to the dyno for some fine tuning on my turbo S54.

at around 11-11.5 psi it made a final number of 529 hp and 428 tq on stock internals stock clutch and e85 AFRs were in the mid 11's

tuning done by HTE on stock DME MSS54HP

Some videos too

before anyone says anything, i didnt catch that the dyno HP and TQ were not scaled equally thus the numbers will not cross at 5252 but the numbers are accurate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5th run.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	135532

Amazing power and great tune from hassan .
          Did you test 60-130 times ?

Comment

Stock:
            Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            269 max WHP, 230 max WTQ
            CSL airbox and PCS canned tune:
            Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            294 max WHP, 245 max WTQ
            Once again on the dyno. This time with SSV1s and Paul doing remote dyno tuning.

Updated setup:
            • 129082 mi
            • US spec pre-facelift M3
            • Karbonius full carbon intake with carbon snorkel
            • Kassel MAP
            • Stock CSL IAT location and sensor
            • HP converted MSS54
            • SSV1s and SS oversized section 1 with HJS cats
            • Stock section 2 and 3
            • All engine maintenance done
              • Rod bearings replaced ~16k mi ago
              • VANOS done ~16k mi ago, passes VANOS test with no issues
              • Engine retimed ~5k mi ago
              • Valve adjustment done ~5k mi ago
              • New front and rear TPSs ~1500 mi ago
              • New precat O2 sensors ~500 mi ago
            • No mechanical fan, just aux
            • Rogue engineering water pump and power steering pulleys
            • Dynoed at Sonoma racetrack so altitude is ~sea level
            • 75ºF ambient temp
            • 50% humidity
            • Running Shell V-Power 91 octane

Dyno graph comparing the fully stock run to the CSL/SSV1/PCS dyno run:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stock vs PCS Dyno - SAE.png Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	140186
            315 max WHP, 252 max WTQ

Gained 46 whp/25 wtq and both the power curve and AFRs are looking much better than they did stock.

I didn't realize the dyno had been set to STD correction (pretty sure it was set to SAE the previous times I was there), so I left thinking the car made 323 whp. It was honestly a bit disappointing to come home and see 315 whp when I loaded up the dyno runs. Oh well, I'm not really trying to set any records and the car feels awesome, so I'm satisfied. Plus, it's not like 315 whp means the car is slow. Maybe I'll do cams someday, but for now, I think my power chasing has come to an end.

And just because I can, here's the same run with STD correction. Goes to show how little absolute numbers actually mean:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stock vs PCS Dyno - STD.png Views:	0 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	140187
            Last edited by heinzboehmer; 12-02-2021, 01:37 PM.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Gain of 42whp/25tq, that must be nice

This is a good comparison and the car made 62whp more than stock - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-numbers/page2

His engine has 30k miles less and the SS-dual section 2 with muffler, so that's probably worth ~15-20whp. As you said, your current power level is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                Gain of 42whp/25tq, that must be nice

This is a good comparison and the car made 62whp more than stock - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-numbers/page2

His engine has 30k miles less and the SS-dual section 2 with muffler, so that's probably worth ~15-20whp. As you said, your current power level is solid.
                Looks like that car's power increased by 19.8%. My gain was 17.2%, so not super far off. If I manage to find 7 whp (better fuel, colder temps, rest of the SS exhaust, etc.), I should be able to bump my percentage gain up to 19.8%. The screen won't show 348 whp, but I can at least same the gain was the same

No, but in reality this is plenty of power. Certainly more than what I need. From now on, I'll be putting money towards track days to try and work on that driver mod instead of trying to chase power.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Heinz, I still believe your car is about 10hp down on power for what it's worth though you don't care.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yeah maybe. Maintenance is up to date, so I'm fine with it. If there's anything wrong with it, then it's probably something internal to the engine. I'll do a rebuild when it's necessary, but I'm happy with it for now.

Maybe next time I drive down to LA, I'll throw it on EAS's dyno, just to see what it makes on that lol

Comment

You'll probably dyno 2-3 more on theirs since they have the fans but then it's warmer here so might cost you a couple as well.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

In Austin, TX on a dynojet. Weather: 77°F and 68% humidity.

2005 M3 with 73k miles
                        Karbonius CSL intake
                        Stock catted headers
                        RE resonated sec 1
                        RE X-pipe sec 2 w/ closed cutout
                        Stock muffler
                        HTE remote dyno tune
                        93 octane fuel (Shell FWIW)

Max HP: 297
                        Max TQ: 241

I did not get a baseline reading with stock intake and the old Epic tune unfortunately. Karb snorkel is still on its way to me, so I wasn’t able to run it with that and an IAT relocation. I want more power, but my exhaust setup is def not ideal. So the plan is to get Euro or AA headers, catted sec 1, dual pipe sec 2, and Supersprint street muffler. And I’ll prob do a SPAL fan conversion as well. I’m hoping all of those changes will put me at 330-340 WHP.

I’ll try to get a baseline for my track car. Currently it has CPI headers, BW race exhaust, and SPAL fan only. We’ll see what it puts down after it gets a Karb intake, IAT relocation, and HTE tune. 350-360 WHP would be cool.

Also, the intake is fucking loud from the outside. The shop’s dB meter read 116 dB… Insane.
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

^^^Sounds about right, and yep, the factory headers are def holding the engine back now a bit. Looking forward to updates, and thanx for contributing/posting!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                            I’ll try to get a baseline for my track car. Currently it has CPI headers, BW race exhaust, and SPAL fan only. We’ll see what it puts down after it gets a Karb intake, IAT relocation, and HTE tune. 350-360 WHP would be cool.
                            Guessing 340ish.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Guessing 340ish.
                              340ish with Karb intake? Boooooo 😭
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Has anyone seen what HassanEido posted today on Instagram? This must be a Wednesday car for sure aka factory freak!

Click image for larger version

Name:	crazyhp.png
Views:	920
Size:	612.3 KB
ID:	141796
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X