Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethanol, track specific timing targets... supporting mods. Still very high number for that car. Well done imo.
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Three fifty for full track car on 91 and no cams is pretty good.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

No Dyno Curves posted for any 296/288 cams it seems. Has anyone built NA race motors and published their Dyno sheets?

Comment

Originally posted by M3EuroLTW View Post
          No Dyno Curves posted for any 296/288 cams it seems. Has anyone built NA race motors and published their Dyno sheets?
          I feel like most folks building race motors (and it's probably a very, very small number) aren't concerned w/posting graphs on forums or FB...or social media in general. The only person that I know for sure that is running big boy cams is Mike Cotter, but his cams are custom, and he's running a stroker motor as well. Unfortunately, I've never seen one of his more recent dyno's, but rumor has it that he's making around 400WHP now.
          Last edited by stash1; 01-12-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Where are you guys strapping the car to on the dyno? I need to schedule a remote tune soon and the shop I'm planning on using doesn't typically work on E46s. I've got some beefy SPL Parts rear lower control arms, but ideally I'd have it secured elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
              Where are you guys strapping the car to on the dyno? I need to schedule a remote tune soon and the shop I'm planning on using doesn't typically work on E46s. I've got some beefy SPL Parts rear lower control arms, but ideally I'd have it secured elsewhere.
              The dyno operator at the one I went to used t hooks. Take off the rear jack pads, put the t hooks in and strap it down.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Tools/BM...-Set-of-4.html

This is how BMW straps the cars down for shipping too.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
                The majority of operators I've seen typically just strap around the LCA's. Not saying that's good or bad, just saying that's been the norm that I've seen.
                Last edited by stash1; 01-14-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

The majority of operators I've seen typically just strap around the LCA's. Not saying that's good or bad, just saying that's been the norm that I've seen.
                  Will let you know this weekend when mine goes on the dyno by my guy said he was doing that method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Will let you know this weekend when mine goes on the dyno by my guy said he was doing that method already.

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Will let you know this weekend when mine goes on the dyno by my guy said he was doing that method already.

Ok, just be careful, because I’ve heard of factory LCA’s bending on occasion.

Comment

Ok, just be careful, because I’ve heard of factory LCA’s bending on occasion.
                        Oh sorry I misread your previous message. Believe the guy uses the knuckles to strap down. I will absolutely NOT let him use my new factory LCAs because they WILL bend. The old ones bent from endlinks being the wrong length lol. Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                          Finally getting around to posting my results to this thread. My build thread LINK

Here is a summary of the mods:

2005 ZCP w/ 155k miles at the time of the build.

Karbonius CSL Airbox (OEM trumpets) w/ OEM Snorkel and operational flap
                          Lang Stage 2.5 head w/ Supertech valves and springs
                          Schrick 280/288 cams, 12.5mm lift w/ DLC rockers
                          Port exhaust side of head
                          SS V1 stepped headers
                          SS catted section 1
                          SS resonated twin pipe section 2
                          SS race mufflers
                          Kassel Performance CSL ECU conversion
                          Kassel Performance MAP sensor
                          TMS underpower pulles, water pump and power steering
                          SPAL electric fan conversion
                          Turbo Toys V3 exhaust hub
                          Custom tune by Paul Claudes
                          91 octane pump gas

TLDR version; 340 rwhp / 247 rwtq on a Dynojet w/ 91 octane pump gas. More power on the table once I get 93 octane gas.

-- Dyno Curves --
                          Blue: Mostly stock, aFe Stage 2 intake, Borla V2 midpipes and mufflers
                          Red: aFe Stage 2 intake, AP V2 headers, CPI Euro section 1 w/ resonators, OEM section 2, Borla mufflers
                          Green: Final tune results from CSL airbox conversion, custom head build, and full SS exhaust (full list above)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-CSL Conversion Full Comparison 22_Jun19.jpg
Views:	2139
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	43704
                          Hmm, I have similar mods that were just done with a similar built head as well. 340whp on a dyno jet seems awfully low with that setup. Have you leakdown tested the motor out of curiosity? When I got my stage 3 head back from Lang it had leaking valves and my local machinist had to fix it. Hard to believe cats in section 1 is really robbing 20 whp but it’s been a bit since I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Anri View Post

Stash,

I think he is a bit down on power, 340 on 91 with ported head and same cams as yours is bit low..

I have a local tuner who did 339 on fresh std S54 engine put on Haltech Standalone which it
                            does not matter for power vs std DME.

DynoJet variation do exist but its minimal. Anyway, there is gain before and after which is most important.

From around 2500k rpms up to about ~6600rpm there is avarage around ~5-9rwhphp gain thru the curve
                            at 6300rpm there is 0 gain. It seems very little considering the long list of parts.

Regards,
                            Anri
                            Yeah he’s also barely making power past 7.5k which is not right. My buddy made 330whp on stock head, cams, evolve airbox, and fab speed catless headers on a mustang dyno on 91 on a 100 degree day.

Will let you guys know what I make on Saturday with the following:

-Stage 3 head with single groove supertech valves and springs
                            -schrick 280/272 cams and dlc followers
                            -Full SS exhaust with V1 stepped headers, no cats
                            -Karbonius Airbox with CSL Map and DME base

Hassan has told me he has made power on a stock engine up to 8800rpm with my cams so I am planning to have him tune to that just to see because the head will take it. If we make power I’ll drop it down to 8600rpm and just plan to replace bearings every 50-60k miles. Nbd lol.

Block leak down tested to only 1-2% loss across all cylinders at 126k miles which is incredible so really looking forward to this.

Will be using a mustang dyno so the numbers will definitely be lower, probably high 340-350 range so I plan to get on a dyno jet at a later time for the actual comparison here since most guys are using dynojet as a reference.

Comment

I'm guessing it should make around 350ish on a mustang considering stock head, 360 on a dynojet. We've no idea what kind of power that head will make.

Personally I've never trusted ported heads and it's all black magic to me. I had a head done in the 90s for my gsr by a dude who was allegedly the best in the game and the car always ran like shit.

When my boy papadakis had his shop back in the day, I took a stock b18c head that he swapped out for me and my car was instantly faster. Hopefully this won't be the case for you.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Yeah he’s also barely making power past 7.5k which is not right. My buddy made 330whp on stock head, cams, evolve airbox, and fab speed catless headers on a mustang dyno on 91 on a 100 degree day.

Will let you guys know what I make on Saturday with the following:

-Stage 3 head with single groove supertech valves and springs
                                -schrick 280/272 cams and dlc followers
                                -Full SS exhaust with V1 stepped headers, no cats
                                -Karbonius Airbox with CSL Map and DME base

Hassan has told me he has made power on a stock engine up to 8800rpm with my cams so I am planning to have him tune to that just to see because the head will take it. If we make power I’ll drop it down to 8600rpm and just plan to replace bearings every 50-60k miles. Nbd lol.

Block leak down tested to only 1-2% loss across all cylinders at 126k miles which is incredible so really looking forward to this.

Will be using a mustang dyno so the numbers will definitely be lower, probably high 340-350 range so I plan to get on a dyno jet at a later time for the actual comparison here since most guys are using dynojet as a reference.

Cool, GL, and post up after the dyno! FYI, numbers on a Mustang are virtually meaningless. The operator can 'scale' a Mustang dyno to read either high or low, but the vast majority try to 'approximate' Dynojet numbers because that is the industry std., and also because they don't wanna lose business to 'higher' reading Dynojets.😁 I've actually seen some higher numbers from a Mustang vs a Dynojet before...it's a myth that Mustang's automatically read lower. Def try to get back up numbers on a Dynojet (but not EAS's😉), and I bet that they're within just a few HP of the Mustang.

Comment

Working...
                                X