Supersprint 63.5mm dual resonated section 2
    Supersprint Sport muffler
    Karbonius CSL Race airbox
    OE CSL air filter
    TMS IAT relocation w/ US IAT installed on stock lower intake duct
    HTE Performance AlphaN tune
    SPAL fan (both OE fans deleted)
    Bosch 62431 386cc injectors
    265/35R18 tires (idk if that matters much)

If anyone has suggestions on how to address the dips, esp the one at 5250ish, please lmk.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	32FC7A31-49BB-4337-8BBC-F658570C9024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	211964

Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
      2001 M3 w/ 107k miles
      Supersprint V1 headers
      Supersprint V1 catted section 1
      OE CSL air filter

If anyone has suggestions on how to address the dips, esp the one at 5250ish, please lmk.
      Click image for larger version Name:	32FC7A31-49BB-4337-8BBC-F658570C9024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	211964

I think that dip may be due to your cat. Torque should naturally dip at 5252 because it's the crossover point between horsepower and torque. Overall though your torque band is almost flat and horsepower doesn't seem to flatline up top so I would say overall it's making great power. Do you have the SAE corrected dyno charts by chance?
      Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 04-09-2023, 02:00 PM.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
        2001 M3 w/ 107k miles
        Supersprint V1 headers
        Supersprint V1 catted section 1
        OE CSL air filter

Click image for larger version Name:	32FC7A31-49BB-4337-8BBC-F658570C9024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	211964

the dip at 3250 seems like it is too lean based on the AFR. im not sure the 5250 is something to worry about

Comment

Just wanted to update: last time I posted I was heading to the dyno. The night before, after street tuning with Hassan, I bent my exhaust valves. About to put new hardware in and then it's dyno time.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
            Just wanted to update: last time I posted I was heading to the dyno. The night before, after street tuning with Hassan, I bent my exhaust valves. About to put new hardware in and then it's dyno time.
            Overrev?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Overrev?
              Not as far as I can tell. I was in high RPMs but wasn't shifting, was going down the freeway. Rev limit was set to 8400 RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Not as far as I can tell. I was in high RPMs but wasn't shifting, was going down the freeway. Rev limit was set to 8400 RPM.
                Weird, sorry to hear though. Hopefully it's back up and running soon!
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Basically round 3 on the dyno, and 3rd time with HassanEido HTE.

Mods since last dyno session:
                  • Spal 2049, aux delete
                  • Schrick 280/272
                  One the same rim and tire setup as in the sig. Previous setup without the above was 329.6whp/250.8wtq also done on DynoJet as was this. Unfortunately the place I went to last has gone out of business. For comparison sake, all the dyno tuning has been done on different dynojet. Doesnt mean much but its something.

Baseline runs:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	491
Size:	929.0 KB
ID:	217707

Final numbers below, 347.6whp/257.5wtq. 11 revisions, cant thank Hassan enough always does amazing work.
                  PXL_20230505_194135033

Sounds decent.
                  PXL_20230505_163124436

During the break in process 500kms under 4k rpm part throttle and 500kms up to 6k part throttle ( >50%), I noticed some noise coming from the top front of the engine. After the dyno it got a bit more pronounced. Valve cover off and cylinder 6 exhaust rockers were replaced with new oem, the last rocker was the worst. However this was not the cause noise. My car has had issues with vanos even after it was done. I've swapped in a lower km intake splined shaft, I think the exhaust one maybe the culprit here too. So I've ordered some parts from beisian to redo the anti rattle kit, and if that fails ill need to look for splined shafts. Here's a video for reference:

PXL_20230511_030804447
                  2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

What noise are you referring to? Is there a response issue?

Edit: Yeah, that is pretty loud and almost sounds like another follower is going flat.
                    Last edited by Slideways; 05-14-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                      The engine sounds pretty normal. What noise are you referring to? Is there a response issue?
                      The rattling "clinking" noise as the rpms go up and the noise frequency increases as well. I know its common in the S54 but its very pronounced in the cabin and much too loud for my liking. Posted in case someone may have experience with it.
                      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

Comment

That's a nice gain despite the dyno difference.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                          Basically round 3 on the dyno, and 3rd time with HassanEido HTE.

Mods since last dyno session:
                          • Spal 2049, aux delete
                          • Schrick 280/272
                          One the same rim and tire setup as in the sig. Previous setup without the above was 329.6whp/250.8wtq also done on DynoJet as was this. Unfortunately the place I went to last has gone out of business. For comparison sake, all the dyno tuning has been done on different dynojet. Doesnt mean much but its something.

Baseline runs:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	491
Size:	929.0 KB
ID:	217707

Final numbers below, 347.6whp/257.5wtq. 11 revisions, cant thank Hassan enough always does amazing work.
                          PXL_20230505_194135033

Sounds decent.
                          PXL_20230505_163124436

During the break in process 500kms under 4k rpm part throttle and 500kms up to 6k part throttle ( >50%), I noticed some noise coming from the top front of the engine. After the dyno it got a bit more pronounced. Valve cover off and cylinder 6 exhaust rockers were replaced with new oem, the last rocker was the worst. However this was not the cause noise. My car has had issues with vanos even after it was done. I've swapped in a lower km intake splined shaft, I think the exhaust one maybe the culprit here too. So I've ordered some parts from beisian to redo the anti rattle kit, and if that fails ill need to look for splined shafts. Here's a video for reference:

PXL_20230511_030804447
                          So 7-10 hp and 6 ft*lb of torque for 280/272 cams? That is an interesting data point and makes cam upgrade a pretty tough sell

Comment

repoman89 I think you misunderstood the final numbers. 329 vs 348 and 251 vs 257. Also different dyno, different days etc etc etc. Even with no tune, car on part throttle was a different beast. When doing cams, it just underlines other probable weak areas of the top side of the engine. In my case cyl 6 exhaust followers and maybe aging vanos components (?).

The power is most definitely felt. Pistons and rods would bump that up another 10-15 maybe but thats crazy low return for the investment required money and time wise. Either way its nice to look forward to. Now Im more concerned with the over all health, just doesnt sound good. Although I have no power loss, and zero codes.

EDIT: I see you took the baseline numbers, those runs were with cams just no tune.

Comment

😂

I believe you've still got more power to be gained after valvetrain/vanos issues are all perfectly sorted.​
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

The rattling "clinking" noise as the rpms go up and the noise frequency increases as well. I know its common in the S54 but its very pronounced in the cabin and much too loud for my liking. Posted in case someone may have experience with it.
                                I gave it another watch and I can hear the tapping noise you are referring to. That is fairly loud and it almost makes me think that another follower is going flat. Hopefully the rattle kit solves the problem though.

Comment

Working...
                                X