X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Jae, lose the current Evolve tune, get an airbox and contact Paul
    Evolve has been responsive but the tune is a PIA. Always new versions of the tuner software and the biggest is I can’t hook up to ISTA because the tune is locked or something.

Yeah, planning on going with Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Evolve has been responsive but the tune is a PIA. Always new versions of the tuner software and the biggest is I can’t hook up to ISTA because the tune is locked or something.

Yeah, planning on going with Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ya, sometimes it's worth taking the loss and moving on. Similar situation to those that had TTFS.

Comment

Stash,

I know its not an E46M3 but please allow me to share what I achieved
        with the S54 Love.

- Intake and Exhaust camshafts.
        - CSL Box
        - "Budget" headers they are not really equal length....(measured them)
        - Crappy California 91 Octane gas.

My concentration on the power was to dial the Mid-Range torque were we
        need the "kick"

The camshaft timing brought the pick hp around 7650-ish so that it comes
        little earlier and keeps it flat to about 8150rpm and rev limiter is 8200+/- rpm.

There is another 5rwhp with little tweak but no need to push the ticket on
        91 Cali gas..

Chilled passes like 3-4mins between runs
        353.8 rwhp
        265.1 rwtq

Hot passes one after each other.
        348.5 rwhp.
        259.1 rwtq

Regards,
        Anri

S54-B32 Stock engine except:- Hi performance camshafts.- Custom headers.- CSL Intake box.- Custom tune.Resulting 353.8rwhp with 265 rwtq.Regards,Anri

Click image for larger version  Name:	353.8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	67695

Click image for larger version  Name:	354.jpg Views:	22 Size:	239.6 KB ID:	67699

Last edited by Anri; 11-17-2020, 04:16 AM.
        https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Hey Anri, very nice results for a budget build! Is this on a DJ? Sooo, no cams? Which airbox is that?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
            Hey Anri, very nice results for a budget build! Is this on a DJ? Sooo, no cams? Which airbox is that?
            Land and Sea

Comment

Stan,

- Karbonius box
              - Intake and exhaust performance camshafts
              - DynaMite is the Dyno I used which shows exact as the Dyno-Jet I use all of the time.
              I have done/tuned at least 15+ set ups at this specific DynaMite and next day at Jery's Dyno-Jet
              to check and the difference is 2-3hp which is subject to weather temps, air density from the night before
              and next day morning etc.I have over $2k in renting dyno time, tuning and comparing Dynos
              with same car, my preferred dyno is Dyno-Jet and why I tune on the DynaMite and next
              day I am Dyno-Jet.
              - Headers are modified
              - I forgot to mention I have 52m ITB's which ehhh...

HP ECU converted to 1 Bar MAP/TPS which is what is used on CSL-S54 and very common on
              other engines.

Stan brother, I worked hard to get this number....

I have another S54 engine on the Stand and I told my other customer I just need little money
              and I am confident a hair under 360rwhp on 91 Cali gas Dyno-Jet number.

See, not everything is HP, my target is to push the TQ hi as well...the ingredients must be proper
              otherwise the results are not there.

Regards,
              Anri
              Last edited by Anri; 11-19-2020, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anri View Post

Stan,

- Karbonius box
                - DynaMite is the Dyno I used which shows exact as the Dyno-Jet I use all of the time.
                I have done/tuned at least 15+ set ups at this specific DynaMite and next day at Jery's Dyno-Jet
                to check and the difference is 2-3hp which is subject to weather temps, air density from the night before
                and next day morning etc.I have over $2k in renting dyno time, tuning and comparing Dynos
                with same car, my preferred dyno is Dyno-Jet and why I tune on the DynaMite and next
                day I am Dyno-Jet.
                - Headers are modified

HP ECU converted to 1 Bar MAP/TPS which is what is used on CSL-S54 and very common on
                other engines.

I have another S54 engine on the Stand and I told my other customer I just need little money

See, not everything is HP, my target is to push the TQ hi as well...the ingredients must be proper

Regards,
                Anri
                Who did your tune?
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Who did your tune?
                  Hi,

I work with a local tuner and we did the tune together.

Regards,
                  Anri

Comment

Originally posted by Anri View Post

Stan,

- Karbonius box
                    day I am Dyno-Jet.
                    - Headers are modified

other engines.

Regards,
                    Anri
                    Hey Anri, yeah, I was wondering what happened to you there for a couple of wks, and now I know...you’ve been chained to that dyno all this time-lol. Curves look great brother, and again, very nice results on piss water! Which cams did you go with, and what’s the entire exhaust look like?

Comment

Thanks! I've been trying to decide between the Eventuri and CSL. I know there are other factors, but this analysis and ease of install, pretty sure I'm going Eventuri.

ADS
                      ------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                      - Euro 2004 E46 M3
                      - Milltek Center Section
                      - RM Motors Decat
                      - Stock Rear Box
                      - Eventuri with air temp bung
                      - AEM ECU

Then with more tweaking:

Click image for larger version Name:	airbox-final.png Views:	0 Size:	193.2 KB ID:	35294

So, not quite the result I was expecting with the airbox, however I did pick up more midrange, and chunk up top along with more torque from 3.5K onwards.

Overall, it seems that the stock plenum is VERY well designed and adding CSL style air boxes don't always mean more power!

Comment

I saw a preview for this video on instagram. Im no dyno expert by any means so please forgive me in advance. Does Kassels dyno measure in wheel horsepower or crank?

My E46 M3 Finally Hits The Dyno!! (Fastest Stock S54?) - YouTube

Click image for larger version  Name:	dyno.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	73097
                        Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 12-12-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                          I saw a preview for this video on instagram. Im no dyno expert by any means so please forgive me in advance. Does Kassels dyno measure in wheel horsepower or crank?
                          Kassel has a Mustang dyno that normally reads about 3-5% lower than most Dynojets...assuming that nothing was changed for that particular run.

I’m waiting to hear from someone, but I’m calling BS on this until I can confirm-lol
                          Last edited by stash1; 12-13-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Kassel has a Mustang dyno that normally reads about 3-5% lower than most Dynojets...assuming that nothing was changed for that particular run.

I’m waiting to hear from someone, but I’m calling BS on this until I can confirm-lol

everyone knows a stock S54 with tune is not making anywhere near 350rwhp legit

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

everyone knows a stock S54 with tune is not making anywhere near 350rwhp legit
                              The owner is posting it on Instagram as WHP gains. That’s what made me wonder.

Comment

Its not the first time recently that I've seen some strong numbers from Kassel. Here is a clip where some figures are reported and being discussed on an S54 with stock cams (I set the clip to start around 6:25). I'd be interested in some analysis from those that are well versed in reporting numbers. At first pass, you think "really, 275 - 280 ft lbs?"

'05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
                                X