Doug DeMuro: e46 M3 is a future classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
    Thank goodness we have DeMuro to tell us the E46 is a future classic, if not one already. None of us saw that coming right? Gosh this guy is so annoying and his "quirks" and features" are so freaking lame.If there is one OCD nerd I can tolerate, its matt from OG garage. I can watch that guy de-nib Michelin tires all day.
    There’s another guy I cant stand to watch 99% of the time. His long videos and monotone voice drive me crazy, I had to unsubscribe from his channel.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

There’s another guy I cant stand to watch 99% of the time. His long videos and monotone voice drive me crazy, I had to unsubscribe from his channel.
      A long time ago in a desert far away we used to put a scorpion and a camel spider in a container and watch them duke it out. Either of those bugs are less annoying than these two presenters.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

I don't listen to everything he says. I just enjoy watching all his toys. Dude has a freaking tire mounting and balancing machine in his garage and mounts tires on his own BBS wheels. He's the boss ! I rather watch him detail his yellow calipers on the GT3 than see DeMuro's ripped T shirts in the walmart parking lot.
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

A long time ago in a desert far away we used to put a scorpion and a camel spider in a container and watch them duke it out. Either of those bugs are less annoying than these two presenters.
          LOL!

Comment

There's a lot of e46 M3s and I've seen tons parted out already. Don't see them being rare for another 10+ years.

Comment

It’s all about condition. 10 years from now a car in even this condition will be rare.

maw

Comment

I find all car reviewers annoying and wrong. Plus...with modern YouTube there is almost always an angle behind what they are saying.

I keep getting a Hagerty video in my feed...the E36 M3 is the best M3. LMAO...that's probably the worst one.
                Last edited by bigjae46; 01-04-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

And reflective of the fact that declining prices in these is not in his best interest... maybe I'm being cynical. But I'll take the press anyway.

maw
                  Never put two and two together that raising car prices are in his interest. But amusingly, been annoyed at so many videos from him and other reviewers where their content seems to cause prices to surge up for those cars. Too many times, for cars that I've been eyeing for a few years.
                  Given I bought the car for driving and enjoyment and not resale, I don't mind at all if prices continue to fall. If the car one day gets wrecked on the street or at the track, all the more likely I can afford a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                    I find all car reviewers annoying and wrong. Plus...with modern YouTube there is almost always an angle behind what they are saying.

I keep getting a Hagerty video in my feed...the E36 M3 is the best M3. LMAO...that's probably the worst one.
                    Doug is an entertainer and doesn't truly know much about cars imho. His opinions are kinda worthless and he's a hyper.
                    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

My very first thought when I saw the spec, mileage, condition, etc. was this car must be owned by Doug's lifelong childhood buddy and classmate from Mrs. Smith's 7th grade social studies class.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                        My very first thought when I saw the spec, mileage, condition, etc. was this car must be owned by Doug's lifelong childhood buddy and classmate from Mrs. Smith's 7th grade social studies class.
                        Yeah, I'm not clear on why Doug used this car. Normally he uses VERY low mileage, VERY stock cars. This thing was high mileage, kinda beat, and had a lot of replica of OE parts.

Something is up.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'm not one to typically cast shame against bed head (I frequent the look), but he looked a bit disheveled. It felt rushed and reactive to me. I turned the vid off at the halfway point "because work week" but will revisit it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            Something is up.
                            He probably only gets paid on the increase in price over the last sale. Once you get into auctioning the same car multiple times on your site, it sort of calls everything into question. Only getting commission on the increase helps calms those fears. And doing a fluff video is a win win for DDM, can never hurt, except "credibility", which... (see above).

$.02, wild speculation from afar.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

And reflective of the fact that declining prices in these is not in his best interest... maybe I'm being cynical. But I'll take the press anyway.

maw
                              I think this is completely spot on. This is, after all, his second video on the e46 m3 that says mostly the exact same thing.

his business is hurting and he’s advertising. Plane as day, imo.

I watched Doug back in the day when he was “crazy” for buying an Ferrari 360 and the Range Rover reliability bits, but now the Tubes offers so much better, more specific content that it makes me cringe to watch him.

I also second the comment made about the ‘subframe’ vs RACP comment. Many of these YouTubers should be far more knowledgeable about the actual mechanical workings of cars. Someone like Jason Cammissa really leaves them for dead.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                                Someone like Jason Cammissa really leaves them for dead.
                                Camissa is a truly unique dude. Love the Curmudgeon podcast with he and Derek. From what I've listened to of theirs, I align on 90%+ of what they are putting out into the universe. They are true enthusiasts. It's not that Doug isn't (you don't build 2 business like that if you're not), they are just different kind of enthusiasts that resonate with my way of thinking much more. And they know their shit. I'm amazed by the breadth and depth of their knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X