Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

not sure if this has been discussed before but i see turner has come out with an airbox, anyone pre order this?
    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...oss-pre-order/
    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
    • Supersprint
    • KW V3
    • 996 Brembo
    • ZCP / PSS

Yeah I think there are 30+ of us who have it pre-ordered through a group buy. Supposeldy they start shipping May 15ish but we haven't had an update in a while.

I think the most interesting question about it is how their choice of inlet will affect performance re: hot air.

Hopefully we'll know in 30 days? (we probably won't)

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
      Yeah I think there are 30+ of us who have it pre-ordered through a group buy. Supposeldy they start shipping May 15ish but we haven't had an update in a while.

I think the most interesting question about it is how their choice of inlet will affect performance re: hot air.

Hopefully we'll know in 30 days? (we probably won't)
      did you guys a price break on the group buy? the price is pretty hard to resist!
      • 2006 AW/IR Manual
      • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
      • Supersprint
      • KW V3
      • 996 Brembo
      • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Hopefully someone can post some results and see if the lack of a snorkle has a big impact.

I was looking at the geoff steel airbox, because adding the MAP hardware and the Alpha N tune or CSL Ecu adds a lot more money on top of the already expensive Karbonius and Evolve box.

https://www.geoffsteel.co.uk/shop/e4...t-breathers-3/
        Garage:
        2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
        1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

I have one coming through GB (I hope) and I got impatient and just installed a Karbonious box. The whole point was to save money, but I just said screw it and drained my bank account.
          Was worried about fitment and no snorkel attachment options. The Karb. box seemed to have factory fit, not saying the Turner won't be the same though.
          I'll be selling my Turner box at the GB price along with a few other parts need for installation once it comes.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

I’m just here to see how it looks/fits. (Since I pulled out of the GB last min) If I went with TMS, I was planning on adding a heat shield like the one that comes with the Eventuri intake. I currently have those kidney scoops and Eventuri bumper scoop to redirect some air to my current CSL airbox.
            06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

did you guys a price break on the group buy? the price is pretty hard to resist!
              Yeah we got it for $1249, I think? At this price I figured it was well worth trying it out -- if I end up deciding I want to run a box that allows a snorkel then I feel like I can probably sell the Turner one without taking a loss. But I'm hoping that I'll want to keep it!

Comment

Hi,

Per TMS picture/s I am not feeling the Love for something my eye caught.

Why the Velocity Stacks Bell has been reduced in length and also in
                shape ?

The few companies which are competing against each other is all based
                on what can we do so that our box is better compare to others is the main
                Moto. This competition of HP at pick revs is what is the "Sales Man" thing.

I am hoping for the best so that the power curve on already low mid range
                torque on S54 is not going to get for the worst. But hey we gained few HP
                on stock engine at 8000+

Making the stacks shorter on small engine were it needs the punch in the
                mide range is critical. The std box is very well calculated already.

Per the picture the shape of the Stack is no longer "Funnel Type" which is
                down grade for if one wants wider tq curve.

It will be interesting to see honest comparison to the STD OEM box or CSL.

Hope those who spent $1500 will have beneficial reward.

Regards,
                Anri
                Last edited by Anri; 05-04-2020, 07:38 PM.
                https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Why'd you buy it?
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Why'd you buy it?
                    Hi,

I never bought this specific TMS box nor I will.

I have other Brand purchased for project.

Regards,
                    Anri
                    Last edited by Anri; 05-27-2020, 04:23 AM.
                    https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Leighton e-mailed the gb participants a week ago (May 4) saying that Turner told him:

"
                      "We are hoping our first production run lands in the next few weeks and we start fulfilling most of your orders by end of month, we expect all open orders to be completed and ship by mid to late June.

We are going to have them send us batches of 25-30 (more if they have them done and can fit on the pallet). "
                      "

Still pretty vague. Turner's store still says ETA May 15, which is this Friday. Let's see if anyone's box ships
                      Last edited by ATB88; 05-10-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Why on earth I only received one email from him on March 25th... this thing is really getting to my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          Why on earth I only received one email from him on March 25th... this thing is really getting to my nerves.
                          happy to forward you the may 4 update if you pm me your email (though it says nothing more about the airboxes than what I quoted, but there are updates about the other groupbuys if you're part of any of them as well)

Comment

Thank you so much, I am just afraid to fall off the GB due to some book keeping issues. I am really upset with this sh..t show at this moment.

Comment

Does anyone have a DYI to install the intake

Comment

Working...
                              X