Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

I haven't been in the loop on CSL boxes for several years. What's the community's consensus on the best box, now?
    OEM
    Karbonius
    Haimus
    Turner.......and everyone else

Comment

I can't see them selling any more turners at that price when you buy the best replica.

Nice job of shooting yourself in the foot ecs.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

So Which sensor is recommended for the CSL intake plenum?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I just did the matte Turner box in my new M3 because the Karbonius had an excessively long lead time.

The box works, makes good power and I didn’t have any glaring QC issues but I much prefer the Karb box overall. I also feel the Karb box is a little louder than this one. I don’t dislike this box but the strut tower being too close for comfort, the smg reservoir not fitting in it’s designed location and a few other things make me appreciate my old Karbonius box even more than before.

I did a DIY video on the install complete with wiring and added some acceleration sound clips at the end if anyone is interested.
          I actually bought engine mounts to lower my engine 5mm to improve fitment. Granted, mine was a first iteration return I picked up on clearance so fitment is off and flanges were broken off. I still plan to switch when I have $2k sitting around but other mods first. The SMG reservoir rubs against the bell opening and it's annoying. I have two reservoirs but there's enough clearance to where is does rub through the bottom. This WAS a budget friendly box and I did everything, including Hassan's tune for about $1300. Not ideal but I didn't want to commit over twice that for something I might have regretted.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I thought this was a cool video showing the throttle bodies with no intake manifold. The sound is pretty amazing! Now imagine a Turner intake with those engine mounts and the strut bar in place lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I thought this was a cool video showing the throttle bodies with no intake manifold. The sound is pretty amazing! Now imagine a Turner intake with those engine mounts and the strut bar in place lol
              I was amazed by the movement of the engine. I wonder if their mounts are shot…I mean they are running without an intake so shows how much they care

Comment

Any update on the TMS box and its durability? Haven’t heard many complaints recently. Did they come out with a v3 or higher?

I’ve looked at the Karb box and the difference with all the trimmings on the karb box (new hoses, clamps, new filter, csl install kit) and the complete TMS box is still over a grand. To save that grand, I’ll just throw in some black duct tape if my bottom pins shear off. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                  Any update on the TMS box and its durability? Haven’t heard many complaints recently. Did they come out with a v3 or higher?

I’ve looked at the Karb box and the difference with all the trimmings on the karb box (new hoses, clamps, new filter, csl install kit) and the complete TMS box is still over a grand. To save that grand, I’ll just throw in some black duct tape if my bottom pins shear off. Haha.
                  I believe the V2 solved the issues the box had earlier on. Have you considered the Haimus?

Comment

I've been running the TMS V2 for1.5 years with no issues. Having said that, I still wish I had went with the Karb airbox and still may in the future.
                    2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by Acarv_426 View Post

I've been running the TMS V2 for1.5 years with no issues. Having said that, I still wish I had went with the Karb airbox and still may in the future.
                      Good to hear that the box hasn’t given you issues.

why do you want the karb box

Comment

Good to hear that the box hasn’t given you issues.

why do you want the karb box
                        It sounds stupid, but mostly due to aesthetics. I get why TMS made the airbox the way they did, but I prefer the OEM look.
                        2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

It sounds stupid, but mostly due to aesthetics. I get why TMS made the airbox the way they did, but I prefer the OEM look.

It sounds stupid, but mostly due to aesthetics.
                          What's the break even on number of c&c you have to go to and have the hood open?

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I thought the boxes looked similar besides the trumpet at the end? Are you more feeling some type of fomo because you got the Turner brand instead of the more revered Karb brand? That’s understandable at times. Kind of like I get when I’m all over the forums at night and everyone talks about coupes when I have a convertible. Then I go outside, put the top down, drive a couple of minutes to the beach and all my silly fomo goes away.

Maybe you should drive more and enjoy it as it still seems like a great product (the v2). Also unless you have money to throw around, you’ll lose out selling the turner and buying a new Karb.

Comment

I thought the boxes looked similar besides the trumpet at the end? Are you more feeling some type of fomo because you got the Turner brand instead of the more revered Karb brand? That’s understandable at times. Kind of like I get when I’m all over the forums at night and everyone talks about coupes when I have a convertible. Then I go outside, put the top down, drive a couple of minutes to the beach and all my silly fomo goes away.

Maybe you should drive more and enjoy it as it still seems like a great product (the v2). Also unless you have money to throw around, you’ll lose out selling the turner and buying a new Karb.
                              Hey jpy1980, I think you hit the nail on the head lol

Comment

Working...
                              X