Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

IAT sensor.
    Thank you... but if we are running Alpha-N then we do not need that, correct? Or am I stupid and this "install kit" shorted us even the bare minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post

Thank you... but if we are running Alpha-N then we do not need that, correct? Or am I stupid and this "install kit" shorted us even the bare minimum?
      The IAT (intake air temperature) sensor is needed regardless of whether you are running Alpha-N or not. What is not needed with an Alpha-N setup is the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. I'm not familiar with what was included in the install kit, but it's entirely possible that the IAT wasn't part of it.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

The IAT (intake air temperature) sensor is needed regardless of whether you are running Alpha-N or not. What is not needed with an Alpha-N setup is the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. I'm not familiar with what was included in the install kit, but it's entirely possible that the IAT wasn't part of it.
        Well shit... Looks like I am putting it back together with the stock one for tonight

Comment

so what is the best and reasonable priced filter to run with the box, CSL OEM?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            so what is the best and reasonable priced filter to run with the box, CSL OEM?
            Just get the OE. It's expensive, but very high quality and can be cleaned with a cleaning kit from the company that made it. Other alternatives are crappier and cheaper, but still very expensive for what you get, and aren't re-usable. You'll come out ahead with OE for sure.

Comment

Well i went ahead and got mine on anyways. Seems to run alright (converted to alpha-n via Martyn’s binary tool). The sound from the short rev i got around the neighborhood (it’s 2am) sounds purely amazing. I’m going to pick up an IAT sensor from advance in the morning and make that harness myself. Been in touch with hassan about getting some tuning ASAP.

My crankcase breather cane busted in to clarify from earlier. The air shut off punched in trying to put the fitting on (had to take everything back off and epoxy the air shutoff too). Then went ahead and ground he fitting out and also shaved some of the plastic from the shutoff valve itself off. Was still a tight fit.
              Last edited by HDdave; 06-05-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

While we are still on IAT topic. I have TTFS IAT relocation: http://tuningtechfs.com/ttfs-intake-air-temp-sensor/ can I plug this sensor to the CSL intake or the wiring goes to different pins in non csl dme?

Comment

While we are still on IAT topic. I have TTFS IAT relocation: http://tuningtechfs.com/ttfs-intake-air-temp-sensor/ can I plug this sensor to the CSL intake or the wiring goes to different pins in non csl dme?
                  You can just plug it. But TTFS and a CSL IAT sensor have different scaling. *You can’t just swap sensors, you have to change the scaling.
                  06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

So which is the correct IAT sensor to order for this intake ? Lol. Or i wonder if i could source one locally

Comment

The correct sensor would be the “CSL IAT”. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13621739510

I believe ATB88 mentioned that his “CSL IAT” was heat-soaking. He switch to the “Generic IAT” (the one TTFS & Builjournal sells)
                      ​​​​
                      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Comment

Thank you. My question was mostly if the wires from that sensor from TTFS conversion go to correct pins on dme as a proper IAT sensor in csl. When I did the conversion I just made all connection in the maf terminal not tracing them back to the dme. And as there is no maf in csl I wonder if IAT would still be connected properly.

Comment

Mine came broken as well, gd, needed to sell this ASAP and get some $. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200606_130655.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	31812
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                            The correct sensor would be the “CSL IAT”. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13621739510

I believe ATB88 mentioned that his “CSL IAT” was heat-soaking. He switch to the “Generic IAT” (the one TTFS & Builjournal sells)
                            ​​​​
                            awesome thank you man. I doubt I’ll be able to find anything in town so i guess i will have to order one. Be nice if there was an advance auto option for those of us more unprepared folks lol. Oh well it’s not a daily... I’m just impatient and can’t wait to they this thing out with Hassan’s tune!

Comment

Thank you. My question was mostly if the wires from that sensor from TTFS conversion go to correct pins on dme as a proper IAT sensor in csl. When I did the conversion I just made all connection in the maf terminal not tracing them back to the dme. And as there is no maf in csl I wonder if IAT would still be connected properly.
                              Yes, no difference. You can just keep your current set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                                Mine came broken as well, gd, needed to sell this ASAP and get some $. Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_130655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	31812
                                That sucks man.
                                Same thing was happening with the Streamline airbox back when they first were coming out and they upgraded to a stronger glue. I’m guessing “you get what you pay for”. Pretty disappointing since I know you’re trying to get rid of it ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X