No announcement yet.

Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would want a new one, do we have warranty even though we did a GB? Now im scared mine is going to be dicked up, I've got to sell it on.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I told here why I am so pissed. I had same deal with turner and had my order in, but then to support the GB I canceled my direct order and signed in. Now there is no record of the box in my turner account and I will have to be in the phone with them forever to solve the issue. I want a new one. What if I glue it and a trumpet falls off later... will they take it after me messing with the glue...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
        I told here why I am so pissed. I had same deal with turner and had my order in, but then to support the GB I canceled my direct order and signed in. Now there is no record of the box in my turner account and I will have to be in the phone with them forever to solve the issue. I want a new one. What if I glue it and a trumpet falls off later... will they take it after me messing with the glue...
        Ugh, sucks it came damaged. But their customer service through their online chat has actually been great for me. They shipped me the wrong parts but I got it sorted out quickly. You just tell them you were part of the group buy, they'll ask you for your personal details and they'll find your order and sort you out.

Comment

Yep my muffler came damaged and they were really good in past. Finger crossed

Comment

The trumpet can't be knocked out like those ports, but I hear what you are saying. Call them up. Their customer service is very good.

Comment

Anyone know what size bolt is needed for the smg reservoir bracket? Picture for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48404508197_1d65a9f906_c.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	31566

Comment

Just quick update. Sending this damaged box to Turner and they will be sending me back a replacement when they get a new batch. Glad that it sorted out, kudos to Turner for the customer service!

Comment

Just quick update. Sending this damaged box to Turner and they will be sending me back a replacement when they get a new batch. Glad that it sorted out, kudos to Turner for the customer service!
                  Nice to hear!
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Well this might be a trend because mine showed up damaged too.. Fitting on the top of the airbox for (i think the air shutoff?) is punched into the box. As soon as I picked it up I heard something rolling around in there and I knew it was messed up...

Oh well, my redneck ass is going top epoxy that thing back in there and see if I can get this thing on the car tonight before cars and coffee..

I am quite clueless on the whole tuning side of this. I was going to let Hassan deal with that for me haha. But I do that Martyns Binary modification tool from when I was doing stuff with my SMG conversion. I can use that to switch to alpha N and at least run the car with the airbox on, correct? I know it will not run correctly until its tuned. I am going to try to get some Dyno time scheduled with my local shop and get Hassan to live remote tune it (was his recommendation). I am just curious if I need a box tune for this even to run or if I can make it do that myself for the time being?

Comment

We discussed that with them an I strongly suggested them to reevaluate their packing strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post
                        Well this might be a trend because mine showed up damaged too.. Fitting on the top of the airbox for (i think the air shutoff?) is punched into the box. As soon as I picked it up I heard something rolling around in there and I knew it was messed up...

Oh well, my redneck ass is going top epoxy that thing back in there and see if I can get this thing on the car tonight before cars and coffee..

I am quite clueless on the whole tuning side of this. I was going to let Hassan deal with that for me haha. But I do that Martyns Binary modification tool from when I was doing stuff with my SMG conversion. I can use that to switch to alpha N and at least run the car with the airbox on, correct? I know it will not run correctly until its tuned. I am going to try to get some Dyno time scheduled with my local shop and get Hassan to live remote tune it (was his recommendation). I am just curious if I need a box tune for this even to run or if I can make it do that myself for the time being?
                        Found this on the ECUWorx website:

Enable Alpha N / MAF Delete (Experimental)

This option is for those who wish to drive to their tuner with a carbon airbox fitted, a custom Alpha N tune is still required.
                        So I'm assuming it'll run and drive, but not well at all. You could also modify the CSL software to work with your cams and transmission and then flash onto your car using MSSFlasher (assuming you have an MSS54HP, if you have a non-HP then this won't work).
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Exact same issue with mine...packaging was very lacking to say the least. Being in Canada I don't really want to ship it back and forth...

Ok I received my box and it looks like mine was damaged during shipping. I am super unlucky with this shit...
                          the packing was terrible with almost zero padding. Top breather connector and one in the bottom are pushed in.
                          Also in the bottom those pins that hold two parts together are sticking out like they pushed through the carbon and made a tear

Comment

Million times better with this way.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	58768897-254B-43CD-8BE3-BB047476C2B7.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	31694

Comment

Yeah I fixed mine very quickly with the correct sticker... My question.. What the hell plugs into the front black bracket protruding from the front (can be seen in above picture toward the bottom of it (left of intake horn))

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post
                                Yeah I fixed mine very quickly with the correct sticker... My question.. What the hell plugs into the front black bracket protruding from the front (can be seen in above picture toward the bottom of it (left of intake horn))
                                IAT sensor.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X