Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
    Awesome, glad to hear that these aren't issues unique to the Turner box. Wish I'd known ahead of time that the stupid shroud's not supposed to be there on a CSL, d'oh.

And yeah I did bend the bracket down to be able to hook the grommet on, but still not much space as the arm is pretty short. So I ziptied it lol.
    Spacer it with a thick washer. The screws should be long enough. On the original CSL intake, that place on the bottom is offset.

If you encounter a whistling noise below 3000 rpm, the ICV port will need to be dremmeled from inside the airbox to smooth the edge of the port. It has a very sharp edge. The transition for the air entering it needs to be smooth; otherwise, it will cause a whistling noise like air blowing over a coke bottle. The Karbonius intake needs this as well.
    Last edited by Slideways; 06-03-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      If you encounter a whistling noise below 3000 rpm, the ICV port will need to be dremmeled from inside the airbox to smooth the edge of the port. It has a very sharp edge. The transition for the air entering it needs to be smooth; otherwise, it will cause a whistling noise like air blowing over a coke bottle. The Karbonius intake needs this as well.
      So that's what that noise is. I just assumed all intakes did this. Can't really be heard with the windows up so I think I'll just leave mine alone.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

So that's what that noise is. I just assumed all intakes did this. Can't really be heard with the windows up so I think I'll just leave mine alone.
        Not the original or even the standard intake. It takes all of a few minutes and the car doesn't sound like a choo choo train when puttin around town lol

Comment

Not the original or even the standard intake. It takes all of a few minutes and the car doesn't sound like a choo choo train when puttin around town lol
          Those crazy kids used to do it at the other end off the muffler back in the day. Had to pull out this classic...Bubb Rubb lays it down

Comment

okay that shroud piece is $50 I'm just gonna cut it so I don't have to mess with the coolant hose

I feel really dumb now lol, I remember looking at my engine bay after install thinking "something just doesn't look right.." (compared to the countless engine bay photos with CSL boxes I've seen). 🤦‍♂️
            Last edited by ATB88; 06-03-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post

Those crazy kids used to do it at the other end off the muffler back in the day. Had to pull out this classic...Bubb Rubb lays it down

The CSL intake goes woo woo 🤣

Comment

The CSL intake goes woo woo 🤣
                Still relevant in 2020, who would have thought, woo woo

Comment

as a check, the box did not come with a filter, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Purplem3pursuit View Post
                    as a check, the box did not come with a filter, correct?
                    Negative
                    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

If anyone is in need of a csl smg reservoir to run with their box, I will have one available here soon.

Comment

Holy shit that videos funny...
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Ok I received my box and it looks like mine was damaged during shipping. I am super unlucky with this shit...
                          the packing was terrible with almost zero padding. Top breather connector and one in the bottom are pushed in.
                          Also in the bottom those pins that hold two parts together are sticking out like they pushed through the carbon and made a tear
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                            Ok I received my box and it looks like mine was damaged during shipping. I am super unlucky with this shit...
                            the packing was terrible with almost zero padding. Top breather connector and one in the bottom are pushed in.
                            Also in the bottom those pins that hold two parts together are sticking out like they pushed through the carbon and made a tear
                            The previous one pictured on the last page had the bottom port knocked out of the box, too. You can call Turner and see what they suggest. I would think the two ports can be bonded back using a strong, two-part bonding epoxy or adhesive, perhaps something like JB-Weld. The small pin in the back is a locating pin and sticks out by design.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                              That sucks. What does the inside of the box look like where the connectors were pushed in?
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Thank you. Well yep I know I can glue it back, but that is a 1k+ part we are talking about... turner... FCP packs an oil kit better than this.

Comment

Working...
                                X