No announcement yet.

Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeah! Congrats on a kick ass job man!
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Nice job and good experience wrenching.

I'm not knocking anyone here but is the Turner sticker easily removed? Would be nice to see a bmw one on there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to get my car on the dyno today at EAS to have it tuned by Hassan. All I can say is WOW - it is a night and day difference from the first tune I had! I wish I could get a refund on the $340 I wasted on the first one; for anyone who is on the fence about going with HTE, do yourself a favor and bite the bullet. My initial tune netted 322whp; after Hassan got his hands on it, I'm now at 334whp!

While I'm still experiencing fitment issues with the airbox itself (hopefully Turner will present a solution soon as I still can't run the cabin filter housing even with their bracket), I am very pleased with the CSL airbox noises and performance overall. Time to open up the exhaust next!

Mods:
        • Turner box
        • HTE custom dyno tune
        • Turner underdrive pullies
        • SGT ceramic coated headers
        • Euro Sec1
        • Stock Sec2 / 3
        Attached Files
        Last edited by T-Rex; 09-08-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

T-Rex Im also running the V1 of the box, and im assuming I have all the woes everyone has. I'll be diligently checking, I think the most worrisome is the cabin filter housing. If and when Turner provides a solution who do we get in contact with, is there someone I can reach out to now?

BTW amazing numbers man and HTE is the truth, hopefully I dyno soon as well. Congrats.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

We have our V2 updated box's coming that will solve the cabin filter issue and the other issues that some people have had, if you have any fitment issues feel free to our customer service department and they can help you with a exchange once the V2's arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
              T-Rex Im also running the V1 of the box, and im assuming I have all the woes everyone has. I'll be diligently checking, I think the most worrisome is the cabin filter housing. If and when Turner provides a solution who do we get in contact with, is there someone I can reach out to now?

BTW amazing numbers man and HTE is the truth, hopefully I dyno soon as well. Congrats.
              Thank you! I have been working with Matt, but I think anyone at Turner can help you based on the comment below.

Originally posted by BIllybilly2 View Post
              We have our V2 updated box's coming that will solve the cabin filter issue and the other issues that some people have had, if you have any fitment issues feel free to our customer service department and they can help you with a exchange once the V2's arrive.
              Thank you (I am assuming you're a Turner employee!) I am pleased with the product overall, and your service has been excellent to date. I'll circle back to this thread once the revised box is in my hands!
              to

Comment

Wow massive respect to Turner for wanting to help out people who bought the first iteration and not just saying "Sorry, that's the risk of being an early adopter".
                2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Does HTE tune Z4M's?

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                    Does HTE tune Z4M's?
                    I don't see why not. Same engine & ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by Syfon View Post

Not the same ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Syfon View Post

No, quite different from what I understand. No one has ever figured how to run a MAP setup, even when the ECU, I think, could. MSS70 is closer to what the E9x M3 ran, and they have a MAP sensor. we are forced to run Alpha-N only for CSL boxes.

Comment

No, quite different from what I understand. No one has ever figured how to run a MAP setup, even when the ECU, I think, could. MSS70 is closer to what the E9x M3 ran, and they have a MAP sensor. we are forced to run Alpha-N only for CSL boxes.
                          Aha. I was not aware the Z4M ran the MSS70 ecu. I always thought they ran the MSS54HP. Happy to be corrected lol

Comment

MSS70 is much closer to the MSV70 used in the N52 cars. Has very little relation to the MSS60 and MSS65 in the M3 and M5. There really isn't much code to truly support a MAP sensor, it'd have to be fairly custom. That said, a well tuned alpha-N MSS70 would likely run better than a CSL MSS54HP. Largely thanks to the use of wide-band O2 sensors. And in fact, some euro N52 cars are alpha-N from the factory and you cannot distinguish them from their MAF counterparts - they run that well.

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
                              Does anyone have a DYI to install the intake
                              https://thebuildjournal.com/diy/turn...ll-diy-e46-m3/

That is very, very helpful. The only parts I got stuck on were unfortunately due to airbox fitment issues, not poor instruction!

Comment

Just received my Turner CSL intake. They must have listened to the complaints on broken intakes during shipping. Mine arrived packed in expanding foam in a very large box. No damage whatsoever. Finish looks amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X